What's your latest Farm/Construction buy 2020

robbo

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

britains 8rx arrived today,more pictures out of the box tomorrow, a quick check out of the box,the front links are metal,rear links plastic,also the rear bottom links seem far apart,so not sure of how it will hitch to other makes of implements,eg ros,wiking etc,a very heavy and well detailed model though

IMG_4437.JPG

more pictures as promised,im not going to do a review,but 2 other notable things,i don't think it will hold anything up on the rear links,its very loose,also doesn't run smooth on the tracks,unlike the wiking claas 960 terra trac, which runs very smooth,allthough that is not a massive problem,the rear linkage will be,however,   you do have the width marker boards unlike the wiking  960 terra trac which I think is a bad odmission on that model,no tow pin which I find strange,but easily sorted,cab not removable,i do see farrols have updated the listing on ebay,and it says cab door opens,but it doesn't,so might be very difficult to get a driver in their,also has folding mirrors,overall happy with it

IMG_4453.JPG

IMG_4454.JPG

IMG_4456.JPG

IMG_4457.JPG

1 hour ago, Paul Palmer said:

more pictures as promised,im not going to do a review,but 2 other notable things,i don't think it will hold anything up on the rear links,its very loose,also doesn't run smooth on the tracks,unlike the wiking claas 960 terra trac, which runs very smooth,allthough that is not a massive problem,the rear linkage will be,however,   you do have the width marker boards unlike the wiking  960 terra trac which I think is a bad odmission on that model,no tow pin which I find strange,but easily sorted,cab not removable,i do see farrols have updated the listing on ebay,and it says cab door opens,but it doesn't,so might be very difficult to get a driver in their,also has folding mirrors,overall happy with it

IMG_4453.JPG

IMG_4454.JPG

IMG_4456.JPG

IMG_4457.JPG

All the tracks on mine run very freely Paul, try putting a dab of 3 in 1 oil on them and it will cure it. Great model for the money I think, and in the cabinet sits very well next to the premium Wiking models.

Is the rear linkage held up by those hydraulic ram's Paul,If it is get some nail varnish,and lightly paint the varnish onto the rams,need to be very careful not to glue up the whole works,And make very sure it's all dry before attempting to move them,

Regards

Joe.

Thats a shame Chris, i had one on my shopping list but if the chopper won't come off I think I'll have to think again,  what with being a livestock farm, if my combine driver chopped the straw i'd shoot him.

4 minutes ago, mb86 said:

Thats a shame Chris, i had one on my shopping list but if the chopper won't come off I think I'll have to think again,  what with being a livestock farm, if my combine driver chopped the straw i'd shoot him.

i am holding fire as i suspect we will see  another cabbed version with black reel, and no chopper with any luck. 

3 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

i am holding fire as i suspect we will see  another cabbed version with black reel, and no chopper with any luck. 

I like that idea, I hope they do. It would make sense for them to get the the most out of the mould like we said when the first version was released.  

1 hour ago, mb86 said:

Agree mate, the cabless 8060 is a nice model though.....I like it more than the 8070.  You could cut the chopper off and add a skirt yourself I suppose, as when you turn the model over and look under it the rear hood is solid metal and you can’t see up inside where the straw walkers should be.

1 hour ago, chris.watson said:

This will give you some idea of the look of the black reel Sean.D9A56B5D-867C-448B-8585-FC3F4A2CF265.thumb.png.ac85c904a720e68941b6e9891b603691.pngF0A61C75-49EB-405B-B140-7004A56FE787.thumb.png.c5916bf4cf25b06f55f4fbc245749f05.png

yeah i saw them pics on facebook chris, just something tells me they will do a cabbed one minus the chopper and going black reel  is one of the last ones they haven't done . prob a long shot but i just don't like that chopper on it, looks out of proportion ,and i cant recal seeing a real one anyway 

Archived