New Holland 1905 Forager

After seeing the excellent results achieved by others on here, I thought I'd have a go at one of Emmanuel's kits. Mine is to be based on a chopper that until recently belonged to a local contractor, so there will be a few little differences to the build. Here's a couple of pictures of the real machine, and one of progress so far.

562018-Lot-436-750x450.jpg

WP_20200114_18_13_13_Pro (2).jpg

WP_20200114_17_09_31_Pro.jpg

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/14/2020 at 6:23 PM, 844john said:

After seeing the excellent results achieved by others on here, I thought I'd have a go at one of Emmanuel's kits. Mine is to be based on a chopper that until recently belonged to a local contractor, so there will be a few little differences to the build. Here's a couple of pictures of the real machine, and one of progress so far.

562018-Lot-436-750x450.jpg

WP_20200114_18_13_13_Pro (2).jpg

WP_20200114_17_09_31_Pro.jpg

Are you going to do a full set of reel tines on yours?

looking well so far

44 minutes ago, Jd6320driver said:

Are you going to do a full set of reel tines on yours?

looking well so far

Thanks Hugh, yes, there's a full set of tines on the pick up, talk about a test of eye sight, dexterity, and most of all patience, non of which I'm renowned for!:D

16 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

Sent him a email when i saw yours , so a week ago ? After a price on the 1900 with grass header and had nothing back at all, how quick was he with you john? 

He got back to me within a day or so Sean and it took about a week to arrive, but that was over a weekend as well, so I didn't think that was too bad. Might be worth trying him again?

7 hours ago, 844john said:

Thanks Hugh, yes, there's a full set of tines on the pick up, talk about a test of eye sight, dexterity, and most of all patience, non of which I'm renowned for!:D

Do you want to do mine as well? :lol:

1 minute ago, mb86 said:

Do you want to do mine as well? :lol:

Funnily enough......no!:D That's always my trouble, I get drawn into the details....I'm currently pondering making the bonnet open so that you can see the engine, it's a bit head scratching, but I think it should work

1 hour ago, 844john said:

Funnily enough......no!:D That's always my trouble, I get drawn into the details....I'm currently pondering making the bonnet open so that you can see the engine, it's a bit head scratching, but I think it should work

The bonnet would hinge backwards as one lump so a couple of cuts should be very achievable, it's the engine that will be the difficult bit, but you've had plenty of practice ;) . I'm not certain but the grille might not move with the bonnet. 

7 hours ago, 844john said:

He got back to me within a day or so Sean and it took about a week to arrive, but that was over a weekend as well, so I didn't think that was too bad. Might be worth trying him again?

2 hours ago, mb86 said:

Have you hot the correct email Sean? It's a different one when I ordered my S1900 from when I got my first kit.

esminiatures@gmail.com

mm i wonder, i did use the one on his website, will try agin ,see what happens

1 hour ago, mb86 said:

The bonnet would hinge backwards as one lump so a couple of cuts should be very achievable, it's the engine that will be the difficult bit, but you've had plenty of practice ;) . I'm not certain but the grille might not move with the bonnet. 

like this mart ,grills static i would say

61AD1576-1765-415E-8FF3-F0711803E8AB.jpeg

Yes, that's the conclusion I've come to, the rear grill stays put and the bonnet hinges back over it, the hinges on the real thing look to be about 3 inch from the bottom of the bonnet which would allow it to clear everything, no doubt it'll be a bit tricky, but I'm sure it's achievable. As for the engine, you're right Martin, I've had a bit of practice in that area:D

26 minutes ago, 844john said:

Yes, that's the conclusion I've come to, the rear grill stays put and the bonnet hinges back over it, the hinges on the real thing look to be about 3 inch from the bottom of the bonnet which would allow it to clear everything, no doubt it'll be a bit tricky, but I'm sure it's achievable. As for the engine, you're right Martin, I've had a bit of practice in that area:D

does it come with a engine block then? has pics of one sat  in the frame on his site, not sure what version its on mind.

7 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

does it come with a engine block then? has pics of one sat  in the frame on his site, not sure what version its on mind.

No, this one doesn't have any engine with it, i suppose as it's all enclosed you can't see it anyway....i just like making things difficult for myself:D

13 hours ago, mb86 said:

You're not hanging about John, expecting an early 1st cut?:D Looks spot on. 

Cheers Martin, the trouble is, once I get something on my mind I can't settle until it's done, hence why I was in my shed yesterday morning just after half five to see if I could make the bonnet open:D

11 hours ago, Jd6320driver said:

Looking well so far, love the opening bonnet.. maybe I’ll give it a go on my next one I build 

Thanks Hugh, I just thought it would be nice to be able to see the engine detail on it

Archived