help to identify tractor

Considering it is labelled Marshall Diesel and has the Marshall badge on the front I can safely say it is a Marshall M Diesel.  I have one by Britains from their Vintage Home Farm collection (released in 1999) but that has a driver (Major Henry Marshall) and I do not think yours is by Britains as it is quite crudely detailed, neither is it refined enough for Scaledown.

When I have a moment I will trawl through all my reference books to see if I can find  more info. Do you have any idea when your father acquired it? Apologies for the fuzzy pic but it came out of my database.

Marshall.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I am still ploughing through my reference books (no pun intended) but so far have has no success.  I have posted a link to a Facebook group dedicated to the smaller, less well known manufacturers in the hope that one of the members knows or can suggest a maker.

Hi there  -  is that one of the tractors by  CTF (Collectable Toys Factory) from france  - they made tractors in 1/16th and 1/32nd scale. 

Has this not got CTF written on the bottom --- what size is your tractor Andy ? 

The seat may have been repaired  - see here for some pictures 

https://www.ukauctioneers.com/auction_catalogue.cfm?d&itemID=20E9CB0FD7D728F5D0EEFECEFF5E0DEAEF27A8CB&auction=27E1CD06&action=2&rangepage=11&currentpage=1&showLots=50&sortBy=lotsort&lotView=list&imagesOnly=N

On 2/15/2020 at 2:17 PM, Tractordave said:

Hi there  -  is that one of the tractors by  CTF (Collectable Toys Factory) from france  - they made tractors in 1/16th and 1/32nd scale. 

Has this not got CTF written on the bottom --- what size is your tractor Andy ? 

The seat may have been repaired  - see here for some pictures 

https://www.ukauctioneers.com/auction_catalogue.cfm?d&itemID=20E9CB0FD7D728F5D0EEFECEFF5E0DEAEF27A8CB&auction=27E1CD06&action=2&rangepage=11&currentpage=1&showLots=50&sortBy=lotsort&lotView=list&imagesOnly=N

You have the answer. I have just had a closer look at the picture and it DOES say CTF. (very fuzzy)  The repair I also agree with as the "seat" is fastened with a cross head screw!

Archived