The Lockdown Challenge - Clear Your Workbench

On 4/1/2020 at 7:26 PM, Hajo said:

Ah, since we don't actually have a lockdown in Holland, I still mostly work from home the past few weeks en will continue to do so for another few more. But I did manage to get a project on the go that had been collecting dust for some years B) fitting new wheels to a MF 5430 and sorting some other missing bits on this model, like the right-hand step and some lights.

_20200330_140557.thumb.JPG.7ce5471eac7c4c1c72cefeb31277acd8.JPG

How is the massey going?

• 4 weeks later...

We have on offer to fit the 5430 :D

image.thumb.jpeg.baea33159cd8c38a5969e59bb286c8ae.jpeg

Grass tyres (which I like the most to be honest)

image.thumb.jpeg.d3b3056d4bf0d0ab22b8a07fc7c04b6a.jpeg

UH Celtis wheels (rim style looks a bit like MF and this is a proven combination)

image.thumb.jpeg.de0ca97342a4ce5f1f0fb972c43d38bc.jpeg

UH MF 5480 wheels (has been done before as well)

On all combinations I have to sort the track width and fit the front mudguards. After cutting away the mounts for the cab inside the rear wheel arch it is quite easy to fit the wheels closer the the sides in the wheels arch, so the tyre thread will not stick out that much from underneath. This will improve the whole look of the tractor. When fitted with grass tyres I might put a Joskin TR 270 grass topper behind it, with regular agri tyres I have to find something else. As it is a small tractor it might just be a bale wrapper?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hajo said:

We have on offer to fit the 5430 :D

image.thumb.jpeg.baea33159cd8c38a5969e59bb286c8ae.jpeg

Grass tyres (which I like the most to be honest)

image.thumb.jpeg.d3b3056d4bf0d0ab22b8a07fc7c04b6a.jpeg

UH Celtis wheels (rim style looks a bit like MF and this is a proven combination)

image.thumb.jpeg.de0ca97342a4ce5f1f0fb972c43d38bc.jpeg

UH MF 5480 wheels (has been done before as well)

On all combinations I have to sort the track width and fit the front mudguards. After cutting away the mounts for the cab inside the rear wheel arch it is quite easy to fit the wheels closer the the sides in the wheels arch, so the tyre thread will not stick out that much from underneath. This will improve the whole look of the tractor. When fitted with grass tyres I might put a Joskin TR 270 grass topper behind it, with regular agri tyres I have to find something else. As it is a small tractor it might just be a bale wrapper?

Difficult choice there Hajo

My first intention was to use the grass tyres. I will sort the track width soon and get all other things done, such as the steps and the beacon and aerial. I also noticed the cab has to come off again to get rid of a fingerprint on the inside of the cab glass ... Fortunately the weather forecast says a lot of rain in the coming week, so more time to get this all done. :D