Newbie from carlisle Cumbria

L33 DA17ON

Hi all I'm lee I'm 35 and new to the forum and to the scale models. Well had loads of britains stuff when I was a kid I was tractor mad. Now I have just fitted out my attick space I'm stating to build my son a model farm of my brothers hill farm on the north pennines. I dont have any of my old 80s and 90s toys there long gone. Wish I di they'd be worth a Bob or two now. Anyway started to buy the models I can remember owning as a child and the stuff we've had on our farm. Ford tw35 ford 6410 massey 35x 135 and a 165 but not sure you can get some models also a old mf 590. Looking forward to gaining some information on swapping out tyres and small custom stuff. And building a farm yard. 

3 hours ago, L33 Da17on said:

Hi all I'm lee I'm 35 and new to the forum and to the scale models. Well had loads of britains stuff when I was a kid I was tractor mad. Now I have just fitted out my attick space I'm stating to build my son a model farm of my brothers hill farm on the north pennines. I dont have any of my old 80s and 90s toys there long gone. Wish I di they'd be worth a Bob or two now. Anyway started to buy the models I can remember owning as a child and the stuff we've had on our farm. Ford tw35 ford 6410 massey 35x 135 and a 165 but not sure you can get some models also a old mf 590. Looking forward to gaining some information on swapping out tyres and small custom stuff. And building a farm yard. 

Welcome alone  there if your looking for for done models I have some forsale  up them up 

11 hours ago, L33 Da17on said:

Welcome Lee.. Universal Hobbies make most of them tractors in 1/32 bar the 165. Check them out.

On 4/9/2020 at 2:20 PM, dm434 said:

Hello lee , nice another northern collector is on here , what part of the pennies is your brother on , I’m over the other side at allendale 

We farm just outside a small village called hallbankgate near brampton the farm sits on the the a689 to Alston. So not to far away. Think we used to buy our honda quad bikes from allendale.could be wrong though. That was when my grandfather ran the farm. 

18 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Welcome Lee, hope you enjoy it here and look forward to seeing how you get on, mores the pity there wasn't the Annandale Model show at Gretna this year, there would have been one or two off here there for you to have met and had a chat with

Yeah I've heard about that model show only because of YouTube a lad I follow had it on his channel. Would be cool to get out and see some stuff and how you guys go about the custom stuff. I like watching a guy on YouTube. The love of tractors. But his stuff is mostly 1.64 scale.

5 hours ago, L33 Da17on said:

We farm just outside a small village called hallbankgate near brampton the farm sits on the the a689 to Alston. So not to far away. Think we used to buy our honda quad bikes from allendale.could be wrong though. That was when my grandfather ran the farm. 

Morning , yeah know where that is , was at talkin tarn six weeks ago with the family and came home via hall bank gate , the Honda dealer your on about in Paul gowland, he still on the go flogging n repairing bikes 

6 hours ago, L33 Da17on said:

Yeah I've heard about that model show only because of YouTube a lad I follow had it on his channel. Would be cool to get out and see some stuff and how you guys go about the custom stuff. I like watching a guy on YouTube. The love of tractors. But his stuff is mostly 1.64 scale.

About a month ago maybe 5 weeks i was up in Scotland at a charity ploughing match near Carrutherstown just off the A75 between Annan and Dumfries and got talking to a long time friend Dougie, he'd heard that there wasn't a Annandale Model show this year and had pondered about looking into trying to set one up, if anything happens i'll post it on here... Mmmm being about not far of Brampton then do you know Postman David Waugh? he's into buying and selling a few 32nd scale models as a hobby....

4 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

About a month ago maybe 5 weeks i was up in Scotland at a charity ploughing match near Carrutherstown just off the A75 between Annan and Dumfries and got talking to a long time friend Dougie, he'd heard that there wasn't a Annandale Model show this year and had pondered about looking into trying to set one up, if anything happens i'll post it on here... Mmmm being about not far of Brampton then do you know Postman David Waugh? he's into buying and selling a few 32nd scale models as a hobby....

The name rings a bell, I'll ask my brother about him as he lives up there, I live in Carlisle with my family now. Come to think about it I've been looking on ebay at sellers close by and a lad who lives in brampton keeps popping up. It would be good to get to know someone close by,  just for some tips. there seems to be a good railroad model shop hear in carlisle that people talk about so when this virus calms down I'll have a wander down. Be ok for suff like woodland scenics turf and stuff. 

5 hours ago, dm434 said:

Morning , yeah know where that is , was at talkin tarn six weeks ago with the family and came home via hall bank gate , the Honda dealer your on about in Paul gowland, he still on the go flogging n repairing bikes 

Morning. That's the fella, we used to get all new bikes off of him and all the servicing done. we used to run 3 Honda but we use a lad closer to home now. When I was a kid I loved going as he had a perfect honda trike think it was a 170 or something with the blue seat. Its was in mint condition I always wanted it. 

19 hours ago, L33 Da17on said:

The name rings a bell, I'll ask my brother about him as he lives up there, I live in Carlisle with my family now. Come to think about it I've been looking on ebay at sellers close by and a lad who lives in brampton keeps popping up. It would be good to get to know someone close by,  just for some tips. there seems to be a good railroad model shop hear in carlisle that people talk about so when this virus calms down I'll have a wander down. Be ok for suff like woodland scenics turf and stuff. 

It could be David Waugh... he does do abit on Ebay i think...theres also a lad at Longtown that i know who has some Britains and maybe some Universal hobbies models to sell over the summer, he just downsizing his collection to concentrate on collecting one theme than half a dozen... see how you get on but feel free to message me and i'll give you his  contact details, he might have some models to interest you ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived