Fylde Vintage and Farm Show 2021

Well after almost 18 months of not getting to a show, looks like things are starting to get back to a semi normal, so my better half and me went to the Fylde Show near Blackpool, and gave the 804 and 465 a bit of a leg stretch.... any how a few photos of what was there to follow

• Like 2

2 hours ago, justy 46 said:

Nice turn out Paul.  Good line up off 7810s... 😋

Cheers Justin aye it were a good turn out on the Saturday, don't know how it was on the Sunday. Plenty of blues though was good to see, even had a blue grey major at side of my sorry Gemma's 804 which was same age and almost same reg as my old one... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Tractor Twitcher said:

Fantastic turn out Paul, lovely set of pictures. Are you heading to Scampston at the end of the month? :) 

Cheers David, I'm a bit out of photo practice ....... But didn't turn out too bad, hoping to get to Scampston at end of  month or if not Whitby in August  and then I'll do Scampston in September

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Cheers Justin aye it were a good turn out on the Saturday, don't know how it was on the Sunday. Plenty of blues though was good to see, even had a blue grey major at side of my sorry Gemma's 804 which was same age and almost same reg as my old one... 

Vintage stuff is climbing in value now Paul quite a lot. Them  tractors off yours are a good investment. I know off 2 guys here locally on the hunt for 7810s. Most here are worked hard and only painted up for silly money. Seems the new thing  now is looking into mainland Europe like France, Holland and Belgium to secure good ones. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, justy 46 said:

Vintage stuff is climbing in value now Paul quite a lot. Them  tractors off yours are a good investment. I know off 2 guys here locally on the hunt for 7810s. Most here are worked hard and only painted up for silly money. Seems the new thing  now is looking into mainland Europe like France, Holland and Belgium to secure good ones. 

You're spot on there Justin, a few years ago there was the boom in small dexta, 135 etc sized tractors as folk could have them at home in the domestic sized garage which pushed prices upbut meant you could get a bigger tractor for what seemed little money in comparison, but then the bigger stuff started creeping up and then it engulfed into the classics as well as the vintage,... a good number of years ago Graham Hill paid 33K for a restored Leyland 4100... mad money at the time but now you get someone bidding a 1474 to a 196k........ its some coin like........

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stabliofarmer said:

Thanks for sharing the photos Paul, looks like a great kick start to proceedings, certainly got me raring to go for our first rally this weekend, Cheshire Steam Fair.

No bother James, I hadn't planned on taking the 465 but then when we got there I thought I'd best take some photos. Hope weather improves for you at Cheshire this weekend. Was certainly busy but maybe thought he had room for a few more exhibitiors... 

• Like 1

I imagine it comes down to legislation Paul. I know that exhibitor space and trading space for Cheshire is full, and they're limited to 4000 people through the door each day. Weather wise it's looking interesting! Just a shame we haven't got any engines on strakes to carry on getting about, either way it will be great to catch up with people we haven't seen in almost two years! 

• Like 1