John Deere 6910

38 minutes ago, alf aphid said:

Can’t believe no one has made one yet. Surely next on the schuco list?

john have you seen your wife lately ? 👀

i know a company measured up and took a load of pics of a very tidy 6910 a year or so back at tuckwells,where my uncle works, was one of three they had visited 1 in uk and 2 in europe according to the sales guy who assisted them.  but they wouldnt say who it was . mr softie had also heard the same info via his dealer in scotland .so i wouldnt be surprised if schuco dont do one ,they have 3/4 of the parts made already afterall  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

i know a company measured up and took a load of pics of a very tidy 6910 a year or so back at tuckwells,where my uncle works, was one of three they had visited 1 in uk and 2 in europe according to the sales guy who assisted them.  but they wouldnt say who it was . mr softie had also heard the same info via his dealer in scotland .so i wouldnt be surprised if schuco dont do one ,they have 3/4 of the parts made already afterall  

Be interesting to see if they do Sean, hope they do a better job of it than the 6400 though

Thanks Dominik, it’s another tractor that I’ve always had a soft spot for. To me, Deere got it right back then with the ‘00 and ‘10 series, plenty of operator comfort but still relatively simple to fix and just enough electrics to help rather than bewilder! Plus, the sound of a 69 working hard could make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up!

I’m not totally sure on the wheels yet, but I think I’ll probably go with the ones that’s on it as I want it to have fairly chunky boots but not over the top, and I think with a little extra detailing and some paint they should look fine.

Looking forward to seeing your 6420, another one I have a soft spot for!

8 hours ago, WillTEF20 said:

Another absolute cracker John, a favourite of mine also and it’s also on the cards one day! If you’d ever part with a bonnet kit I’d be very interested ;) 

We run a 64 & 6800 at home both from new, no 10 series though! Skipped that generation to a 69 and 7920!

F70F8566-9BD2-4AE7-809C-3204980F2501.jpeg

That picture makes me go weak at the knees! They look a very tidy pair of tractors Will, what sort of hours are they on?  We still have a 64 here, but it’s a bit unusual in that it’s an SE model which came out right at the end of the 6000 series. I’ve seen a few for sale on the continent, but there doesn’t seem to be many about over here, in fact I can’t say I’ve ever seen another one up to now. Brilliant tractors though, I don’t think ours will ever leave here.

1 hour ago, 844john said:

That picture makes me go weak at the knees! They look a very tidy pair of tractors Will, what sort of hours are they on?  We still have a 64 here, but it’s a bit unusual in that it’s an SE model which came out right at the end of the 6000 series. I’ve seen a few for sale on the continent, but there doesn’t seem to be many about over here, in fact I can’t say I’ve ever seen another one up to now. Brilliant tractors though, I don’t think ours will ever leave here.

Thank you, we try to look after them! Their both on just over 8500 hours very little compared to some out there! Not sure on the future of ours both get used less and less due to lack of tls and us doing more road work.

I can’t say I’ve ever seen a 00 SE, plenty of 10’s about isn’t there. They are pretty bullet proof aren't they, ours haven’t been without their problems the 64 has a habit of going through viscous vans at the moment maybe due to a lot of tick over work post knocker etc!

Ours is just coming up 9500 hours, but like you say, that’s nothing compared to some. To be fair, it’s  had very little spent on it in the 12 or so years we’ve had it. We did the brakes a few years ago as a precaution, and this spring we replaced all the rubber hoses underneath as we’d had one perish and dump the back end oil out, but apart from that just routine servicing really. You’re right, there’s a fair few 10 series SE’s up our way, but not 00’s. It came from Scotland via a dealer near Penrith, and hand written underneath the pull out radio it says 6400 SE demo, if I ever get around to it I’d like to trace its history actually.

• 2 weeks later...