It's Taken A While!

AndyB

I just realised that I have finally got to 1000 posts!

I joined FTF on 13th December 2004 and I think I was member number 35!!  So nearly 17 years later I have got to a major milestone! 🤣🤣

Oh how the hobby has changed - good and bad over that time.  I myself have dipped out of collecting (nearly selling the whole lot), but came back to it and now have as big a collection as ever, though have long since given up getting everything available, which you could nearly do back in the day!  Like most on here there are a lot of models I regret selling and those I regret not buying - but we are all, I guess, in that boat.

The fact that FTF is still here is wonderful really when you think of how many other social platforms there are and have been - so I hope it continues on.  As has been mentioned in another topic, people have been and gone and those early days were good times to be taking part or just observing the antics as a bystander!

I wonder where FTF and we all will be in 2037, when I would theoretically reach 2000 posts!!!

• Like 4

Ha ha. I must be mouthier than you, I have been on since January 2007 and I am just shy of 6000 posts. I am not even going to mention a certain resident of Plymouth who is over 35,000 posts

Edit: over 37,000, noisy beggar

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, robbo said:

Ha ha. I must be mouthier than you, I have been on since January 2007 and I am just shy of 6000 posts. I am not even going to mention a certain resident of Plymouth who is over 35,000 posts

Edit: over 37,000, noisy beggar

as old pops would have said ppphhhhwwwtttt 😃 

• Haha 2

Congratulations on hitting that milestone Andy, I'm not far ahead of you in terms of post numbers!

I joined exactly 16 years ago today, 11/09/2005. Cannot recall what member number I was but on the latest forum version member status I see I'm a 'Newbie"!!!

P

Edited by PDH

1 hour ago, PDH said:

Congratulations on hitting that milestone Andy, I'm not far ahead of you in terms of post numbers!

I joined exactly 16 years ago today, 11/09/2005. Cannot recall what member number I was but on the latest forum version member status I see I'm a 'Newbie"!!!

P

Just hold the cursor over your avatar and your number appears down in the bottom left hand corner  "202"

Regards

Joe.

1 hour ago, catkom3 said:

Just hold the cursor over your avatar and your number appears down in the bottom left hand corner  "202"

Regards

Joe.

Many thanks Joe for the tip and info. So I'm number 202, I'll remember that. Holding the cursor over the avatar doesn't seem to work on my pc, iMac/Safari, so it looks as if it only works on a Windows machines?

P