Spalding April 2023

robbo

Seems a lot of debate on Facebook about the paying for dioramas at Spalding.  Looks like it covers the entry fee for a couple of people, so that offsets most of the cost.  

I might have a business trip timed around the splalding show this year.  If I can get direct flights I will plan to bring over a diorama.  

• Like 1

thats why i dont get up so much lately jack, usually means an overnight stay on the Saturday ,plus fuel, that in turn usually ends with all us weirdos get together in the pub, means another amount spent, normally not a small amount😆😆😆😆 and sore heads on sunday . 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Jack390 said:

Just did a rough pricing of fuel to get there and back… almost 3 figures . Would also mean a 4am start to get there just in time for the start of the show if I was displaying. Don’t think il be attending

Similar story for me Jack, although we’ve always stayed over night. It’s not a cheep day out by no means.  I’d save ur pennies for toytrac ha ha! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, walsh35 said:

i am going 

out friday via rosslare pembroke

patrick edwards tractorjumble saturday

spalding sunday

cheffins monday

back monday night sailing

Very good does it work out OK money ??? As I looked up going Dublin to holyhead and it over €380 euro 

16 hours ago, trigger82 said:

Very good does it work out OK money ??? As I looked up going Dublin to holyhead and it over €380 euro 

Cyril, if you ever came over to Spalding you would also need to hire a shipping container to go back home with your purchases 😄

• Haha 5

• 1 month later...

Was nice to go to Spalding for the first time in about 10 years today.  There were a lot more diorama than I ever remembered seeing before.  Unfortunately I only had about 30mins there as I was rushing for a train.  See a few snaps I was able to take as I rushed through.  

20230402_102308.jpg

20230402_102315.jpg

20230402_102319.jpg

20230402_102342.jpg

20230402_102347.jpg

20230402_102357.jpg

20230402_102408.jpg

20230402_102452.jpg

20230402_102504.jpg

20230402_102512.jpg

20230402_102554.jpg

20230402_102558.jpg

20230402_104514.jpg

• Like 4

without starting an argument trigger, define overpriced ?… seems way to many want stuff cheaper than its prob worth of late , those pics all show to me what i would say is classic britains  items and look mint , these sellers need to make a living and may well do that by selling this stuff .  if its to pricey for your pocket go else where, you aint made to buy it  as we always say on here, no ones got a gun to your head ,well that we know of when the “got to have mist “ kicks in 😂😂😂😂 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, trigger82 said:

One lad selling all these was told very expensive 

After not being at a show for a long time, I was pretty shocked at how expensive most models seemed to have become.  Any implement out of production seemed to be over 100 GBP.  I think I have been spoilt buying models directly out of China, where prices  don't seem to have increased much.  

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, sipher172 said:

yes, there was a pretty solid vegetable and potato theme on most displays.  Sort of perfect for Lincolnshire.  

I think one of them was from cornwall , (Piran Farms) where there’s plenty of veg grown.