Spalding April 2023

robbo

I had a look at all them Britains models and most of the boxes was in good condition and so was models inside ,plenty of customers was buying from him ,yes he might have been £10 per model dearer than other traders on the day but if you are looking at a certain model to complete/add to you collection then you wont the best there is and you pay for quality 

13 minutes ago, weblet375 said:

I went ,brought a few models also caught up with some friends. Lot busier than the last one. Found prices very reasonable, got some bargains. 

Have to agree got a couple myself, was nice to see a couple of the Dutch lads returning as well 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, weblet375 said:

I went ,brought a few models also caught up with some friends. Lot busier than the last one. Found prices very reasonable, got some bargains. 

Have to agree got a couple myself, was nice to see a couple of the Dutch lads returning as well 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FendtFarmer said:

There was at least 3 stands from Holland ,each with 2 people per stand as i spoke to them and now them from when i been to Zwolle , yes good to see them over here  

45 minutes ago, smithy said:

There was at least 3 stands from Holland ,each with 2 people per stand as i spoke to them and now them from when i been to Zwolle , yes good to see them over here  

Who was else there smithy?, farmscale32, minitrac and? 

30 minutes ago, FendtFarmer said:

Who was else there smithy?, farmscale32, minitrac and? 

Not sure on proper names but next to Robbo was Tamo and Hanns , next to the britains stall that trigger said was expensive was the 2 brothers? Poppamar , then there was the man with the moustache on another stand , sorry as not spelt names right and dont now other mans name , Robbo or David Laley can properly name them 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

without starting an argument trigger, define overpriced ?… seems way to many want stuff cheaper than its prob worth of late , those pics all show to me what i would say is classic britains  items and look mint , these sellers need to make a living and may well do that by selling this stuff .  if its to pricey for your pocket go else where, you aint made to buy it  as we always say on here, no ones got a gun to your head ,well that we know of when the “got to have mist “ kicks in 😂😂😂😂 

No not saying anything wrong with the price off stuff but as a model collector some stuff getting to dear to buy and keep . Very good run show it looked to be . 

3 minutes ago, trigger82 said:

No not saying anything wrong with the price off stuff but as a model collector some stuff getting to dear to buy and keep . Very good run show it looked to be . 

Everything is gone up.. Me personally am after backing way off on purchasing lately and I'm sure in not the only one. 

• Like 1

A lot of the prices were fair and reasonable. A few items I saw I thought were over priced for the condition but if it is a model you have been after for a while, you would pay the price to add it to the collection. Plenty of sellers and a great variety to choose from.

I am more buy it when you see it otherwise it will be gone!

Here are my purchases

02FE7B50-7DE9-4E4D-BA75-7DBD942B0A71.jpeg

AC4E337F-92BE-42E7-9D63-FBAF86010BF1.jpeg

• Like 7

2 hours ago, mielly said:

A lot of the prices were fair and reasonable. A few items I saw I thought were over priced for the condition but if it is a model you have been after for a while, you would pay the price to add it to the collection. Plenty of sellers and a great variety to choose from.

I am more buy it when you see it otherwise it will be gone!

Here are my purchases

02FE7B50-7DE9-4E4D-BA75-7DBD942B0A71.jpeg

AC4E337F-92BE-42E7-9D63-FBAF86010BF1.jpeg

All good models there , really like the Valtra Q and the Hesston 

• 3 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, IH885XLMAN said:

Only just looked at this sorry i do hope everyone had a lovely time there 

Sadly....

April 2nd was a tradgic day for all the family as we lost our daughter at the young age of 18 very suddenly 

I am very sorry to hear that Nigel, no parent should ever have to suffer the loss of a child, I cannot think of anything worse

• Like 2

2 hours ago, phil phoenix said:

Awful news mate, my condolences too.......................I read an article recently that said "sudden death syndrome" has dramatically increased since 2021.  

They was talking about it on are local radio the other day 

• Like 1

So sorry to hear that Nige. My parents farming friends lost 2 of their three sons in tragic accidents at different times, the eldest left a wife and young daughter, the youngest with his other brother who was driving and another drunk local farmer ran into them, how one lives with something like that ,I don't know. One of them was born the same day as me, that's how they met - in the maternity ward.

Sussex tractors former owner lost his daughter suddenly to meningitis in her twenties (I think).

Best wishes, Nige.

• Sad 1