Claas 7700 vs New Holland CR9.90

Here's Malcy new video and very good it is.  A lovely Lex 7700 with 35ft convio header and a brand new NH CR9.90 with a very smart yellow sided Macdon header.  Obviously the Claas wasn't good enough to keep the yellow machine from winning the sale to the farmer😁

I already know where 5 new yellow combines are this year, six now with this video,  Ernest Doe must have really sharpened their pencil's this past several months!

• Like 2

I bet there was a lot of short straws in the NH sample; not using full width of cut and shaving the already cut stubble...ask me how I know. They drop through the sieves rather than get blown off them.

The Claas could have done with deflectors on the dividers to stop that lot of hanging straws gradually being sucked off by the standing crop and dropping off too low to be collected on the nexr run. They push the standing crop over so you can get a really full width cut but not damage the standing crop.

The NH had to take a less than full width cut as bit what was left was too wide for him and if he had taken full width the bit left would have been to close to row of straw so would have to have taken full row of straw in for 2nd time and putting straw though again is not fun ,ask me how i know i am a combine driver and a row of straw going in 2nd time is a nightmare ,  the Claas took half width cut at end of video 

• Like 1

Both good machines, quite rare to see a farm running different makes. If I am correct malcy pictured this farm before and they had a NH CR9.90 then as well which was older than the Claas, but clearly they've traded the old yellow for a new one rather than go all Claas. Probably down to driver preference.

• Like 1

The local "Fendt" farm as I call them due to their 10 tractor fleet of green & red un's have changed one of the seven yr old 750 Lex's for this harvest, surprisingly instead of buying a new machine they have bought a 2nd hand 780 with 1230 header!!  Okay its one of the last ones with the red idlers instead of black, and on a 2019 plate, but its still done 4 harvest's already. Are the new 8000's a bit unreliable compared to the 700's??  

P1000426.JPG

P1000429.JPG

• Like 3

Sorry, that wasn't supposed to get posted on here🤣.......................I was trying to post a picture of my Lexion 770 up but hit the wrong button and Katie Hopkins latest rant got posted instead!!  Can't figure out how to get rid of it so if it offends Mr Moderator feel free to remove it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,although you might learn a few things about the ghastly people & "trusted voices" who bring us our news if you watch it 😁

• Haha 1

The Wiking Lexion is a very decent model, most of the bigger real ones seem to have tracks but the tracked versions are very hard to find now, and the tracked Trions have sold out now too I think, not that I could justify buying one to rob the tracks off it.  I bought the Montana version which could always pair up with the Conspeed maize header or something, but despite looking very nice the Trion is not Wikings finest hour.  

Edited by CX820Joe

I couldn’t believe how light the Trion was and how much plastic they’ve used in it, especially considering how much the model costs. At least the grain tank opens, the hinges seem more fragile than the Lexion though. 
I’ve seen it described as ‘Siku like’ but I am sure Siku used a lot more metal in their combines! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, phil phoenix said:

Sorry, that wasn't supposed to get posted on here🤣.......................I was trying to post a picture of my Lexion 770 up but hit the wrong button and Katie Hopkins latest rant got posted instead!!  Can't figure out how to get rid of it so if it offends Mr Moderator feel free to remove it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,although you might learn a few things about the ghastly people & "trusted voices" who bring us our news if you watch it 😁

canned it phil ,no idea how you remove a youtube link, tried a food few times for you . done it more so due to kids seeing it rather than us grown ups

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tractorman810 said:

canned it phil ,no idea how you remove a youtube link, tried a food few times for you . done it more so due to kids seeing it rather than us grown ups

I saw it , not sure if i classed as grown up as i still play with tractors 🤣, can i claim if i am distress by it 😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, phil phoenix said:

She is very good at pointing out BBC hypocrasy, albeit in her own special way🙃..................I personally refuse too watch BBC news as I detest propaganda.

I dont very often look at itv local news as allways going on about norwich city and delia ,she only lives about 2 miles away from me .