What's your latest farm/Construction buy in 2024

1 minute ago, Jack390 said:

Lovely cattle, got to be my favourite breed. What paint did you use? I might buy a few 

They are brush-painted. It took me several attempts to get the right colour. For their coats I ended up using a mixture of Vallejo matt acrylics - basically Mahogany Brown, Red Leather, Dark Red and a dash of Black all mixed together. I used Vallejo Tan Yellow matt for their horns and hooves.

• Thanks 1

Not sure that it's a Browns machine CMF

I think it's a Ritchie , happy to be proved wrong tho 😬

And yes the wife's away at work so it was safe to bring it out of its hiding place

Edited by Idle Git

1 hour ago, Idle Git said:

Not sure that it's a Browns machine CMF

I think it's a Ritchie , happy to be proved wrong tho 😬

And yes the wife's away at work so it was safe to bring it out of its hiding place

The Ritchies I've seen have had tubular gates with no open ends. Looks like a Browns to me.

Had these 2 today.  I thought I ought to get the 8400 before they all sell out.  Very nice imposing model but the front linkage is going to need a spot of glue.

the Marge Case Magnum is a replacement for one which came the other day which turned out to have misaligned steering.  The replacement one isn’t perfect in the front axle department either so must have been a bad batch but I will put up with it

IMG_2504.jpeg

IMG_2505.jpeg

Edited by CX820Joe
  • Like 5

14 hours ago, Jack390 said:

Off topic, but nice shed!

Thank you , Its my first attempt at this , I've just spent the last week making a Scaledown Suoer Six County  , now its nearly finished I will get back to the shed , Trying to do a diorama of home but soon realised that I had to do some jiggery pokery , the actual size scaled down would take up to much room so instead of 5 bay I've made it 3 bay , but so be it  . So I've got to make 2 sliding door to go on the front of the Dutch Barn , find a material which will replicate fibre cement / asbestos roofing sheets , and then start looking into making a Ransomes continuous flow drier which lives in the one end of the shed with all the infrastructure that goes with it , 

When the Dutch barn and lean to's are finished  I've got to work out how to bring the rest of the yard into the diorama , We are on top of a hill and there's a fair slope from one end to the other  , I suppose that's when the real modelling begins , making look realistic , it looks all way to new at the moment , not enough rust !!!!!!!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, trigger82 said:

What are they like ?? Is the hitch any good on them ???

Very nice I have to say, quite weighty too.  Hitch is standard Britains one.

i would recommend it 

• Like 1