What's your latest farm/Construction buy in 2024

I’ve had this today, a Marge New Holland T8.435.  I would have liked to have got the older one in standard colours - which I won off eBay but it turned up as a Blue Power due to a mix up.  But this. Is very nice all the same 

IMG_2097.jpeg

• Like 4

On 2/26/2024 at 8:54 PM, Paul Palmer said:

Thanks Stan, does the marge weight fit?

The Marge weight does fit, nd it looks well, but the links won't stay up with the weight.

The top link also probably needs tweaking as it isn't stable and pops off with the slightest movement.

20240302_103233.jpg

4 minutes ago, SPN said:

The Marge weight does fit, nd it looks well, but the links won't stay up with the weight.

The top link also probably needs tweaking as it isn't stable and pops off with the slightest movement.

20240302_103233.jpg

Sent mine back Stan, front links were really loose and im not messing about glueing or tightening screws, if replacement is the same then i will not be getting another

Yep, I took the link arms off put a blob of glue in the screw hole, let it harden, re drilled the hole and then put the arms back on. Also put glue on the two silver rams and let that harden before pushing the arms up. The glue acts as packing. They all work fine now.  I'm getting a blue power version this week so be interesting to see if that fares any better. 

Its a fiddly job and of course we shouldn't have to do it, but it is what it is and it wasn't that difficult to do. For the most part they are a really nice model and much cheaper than a Wiking Fendt 728 or JD 6R.

P1010512.JPG

• Like 2

Blue Power T7.300 has arrived.  Very nice like the standard version - but they need to stop using Geoff Capes to tighten the screws   - as with the last model I could not unscrew the tractor from the plinth and had to saw it in three this time to release it. 

IMG_2133.jpeg

IMG_2134.jpeg

IMG_2135.jpeg

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, phil phoenix said:

Yep, I took the link arms off put a blob of glue in the screw hole, let it harden, re drilled the hole and then put the arms back on. Also put glue on the two silver rams and let that harden before pushing the arms up. The glue acts as packing. They all work fine now.  I'm getting a blue power version this week so be interesting to see if that fares any better. 

Its a fiddly job and of course we shouldn't have to do it, but it is what it is and it wasn't that difficult to do. For the most part they are a really nice model and much cheaper than a Wiking Fendt 728 or JD 6R.

P1010512.JPG

So are the front links permanately in the up position Phil?

10 minutes ago, CX820Joe said:

Blue Power T7.300 has arrived.  Very nice like the standard version - but they need to stop using Geoff Capes to tighten the screws   - as with the last model I could not unscrew the tractor from the plinth and had to saw it in three this time to release it. 

IMG_2133.jpeg

IMG_2134.jpeg

IMG_2135.jpeg

What are the front links like Joe, do they actually hold anything up?

Edited by Paul Palmer
Spelling

22 minutes ago, Paul Palmer said:

What are the front links like Joe, do they actually hold anything up?

I haven’t tried anything on them but they don’t seem as loose as on the standard blue 

Hi Paul,  The arms move up and down as long as you allow the super glue to harden 12 hours perhaps. Obviously if your too hasty to refit things onto soft glue it wont end well😁

Looking forward to receiving my blue power, should be here tomorrow or weds.  Got plans for that one.

uh massey 8270 extra on floats, wasn't. to keen at first ,looked a bit odd ,but i have the rest of the 82’s done and it was a good 20 quid cheaper than the others i have seen and keeps the collection complete as such 

• Like 1

Ok 2nd one of these,first one went back as front links were useless, wouldnt hold anything up,1 beacon rattling in the box but a dab of glue should put that right, going to look at it later and see if the links do hold anything up and if it comes off the plinth ok

IMG_6855.jpeg

Edited by Paul Palmer

Well it came off the plinth ok, front links are stiffer on this one but i dont think it will hold up the marge front weight i have coming🤦‍♂️ but apart from the front links and a little bit of black paint needed on the rear hubs its a stunning model

IMG_6859.jpeg

IMG_6858.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Got my Blue Power yesterday as well, stunning model.  Front links better than on the standard blue but certainly wouldn't hold up Marge front weight, and for that matter neither did my marge T7.315's😄

I'm to busy with my barn project to play around getting the tractors looking how I want them presently but I will be addressing the very poor steering lock, by comparison the UH MF8S is superb in that department.

I notice as well that the new T7.300 blue power is a much nicer more vibrant shade of met. blue than my older slighty dull blue power T7.225 which I bought 6 years ago.  The paint jobs in general on recent UH buys seems of improved quality.

48 minutes ago, phil phoenix said:

Got my Blue Power yesterday as well, stunning model.  Front links better than on the standard blue but certainly wouldn't hold up Marge front weight, and for that matter neither did my marge T7.315's😄

I'm to busy with my barn project to play around getting the tractors looking how I want them presently but I will be addressing the very poor steering lock, by comparison the UH MF8S is superb in that department.

I notice as well that the new T7.300 blue power is a much nicer more vibrant shade of met. blue than my older slighty dull blue power T7.225 which I bought 6 years ago.  The paint jobs in general on recent UH buys seems of improved quality.

Yes Phil forgot to mention the awful steering lock. But apart from that as you say and me a stunning model, could this be put on a 23 reg plate Phil?