What's your latest farm/Construction buy in 2024

On 4/5/2024 at 5:52 PM, CX820Joe said:

I have bought a replacement for my battered old Fiat Hitachi loader in the form of a Volvo L60H, and also something I’ve been wanting to get for a while, a Britains Ransomes Nordsten drill which is in very nice condition 

IMG_2450.jpeg

IMG_2451.jpeg

IMG_2452.jpeg

IMG_2453.jpeg

The Hitachi looks to have plenty of life left in it to me , still got paint in the bucket , must be year end and some money burning a hole in your pocket 

On 3/6/2024 at 5:03 PM, Jack390 said:

Model farmer reco sh40 forager from @Liam Wardle

IMG_4150.jpeg

IMG_4149.jpeg

spent many a hour following one of these around the fields , it had been fettled with , bigger pulleys and such like and then the Fendt  615 had the magic spanner applied , what a outfit !!!!  But in time the lure of a SP forager meant a Claas 690 turned up ,,,,,,, was fairly disappointing tbh , In time tho we had another  Mengele chop our grass , wasnt half the animal , tho I think it was mare a case of the driver wanting to stretch the job over a couple of days 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Idle Git said:

spent many a hour following one of these around the fields , it had been fettled with , bigger pulleys and such like and then the Fendt  615 had the magic spanner applied , what a outfit !!!!  But in time the lure of a SP forager meant a Claas 690 turned up ,,,,,,, was fairly disappointing tbh , In time tho we had another  Mengele chop our grass , wasnt half the animal , tho I think it was mare a case of the driver wanting to stretch the job over a couple of days 

There was one featured in classic tractor a few months ago, it was on a fendt 926 if memory serves correctly. That reco had been modified aswell.

I’ve had this Wiking John Deere 8R from Ben @FendtFarmer - this is a very good model considering some of Wikings recent models haven’t been so good.

and also bought the Britains International 1066 (another Amazon purchase) 

IMG_2676.jpeg

IMG_2677.jpeg

• Like 5

On 4/24/2024 at 8:05 AM, Idle Git said:

The Hitachi looks to have plenty of life left in it to me , still got paint in the bucket , must be year end and some money burning a hole in your pocket 

Sorry I missed this reply - you might well be right though the Hitachi does have an issue where it leans to one side! 
Hope to find some more attachments for the Volvo so it can earn its keep

11 hours ago, Paul Palmer said:

My next project, a replicagri ih 845XL which will become a 885XL

Just a little word of caution Paul, I don’t like to stick my nose in but the 885 has a much shorter wheelbase and bonnet than the 845 which is basically the same as the 844. Also, the lower grill and side panels on the 885 is completely different, as are the cab interiors and rear linkage. We’ve had both tractors in the past (still have the 844actually) and the differences between them is very noticeable, unless you do major surgery on the 845 it will never resemble the 885 I’m afraid. Like I say, I’m not wanting to interfere, it’s just that I’ve grown up with these tractors and know them pretty well, what looks on the face of it to be a relatively simple conversion isn’t unfortunately 

1 hour ago, 844john said:

Just a little word of caution Paul, I don’t like to stick my nose in but the 885 has a much shorter wheelbase and bonnet than the 845 which is basically the same as the 844. Also, the lower grill and side panels on the 885 is completely different, as are the cab interiors and rear linkage. We’ve had both tractors in the past (still have the 844actually) and the differences between them is very noticeable, unless you do major surgery on the 845 it will never resemble the 885 I’m afraid. Like I say, I’m not wanting to interfere, it’s just that I’ve grown up with these tractors and know them pretty well, what looks on the face of it to be a relatively simple conversion isn’t unfortunately 

Was aware of the wheelbase difference John but not the other stuff🤦‍♂️

25 minutes ago, Paul Palmer said:

Was aware of the wheelbase difference John but not the other stuff🤦‍♂️

They share a family resemblance Paul, but that’s about it! The 885 traces its roots back to the 74 Worldwide series as they’re Doncaster built tractors, the 845 is European spec built in both Germany and France, longer, heavier back end, gear levers on the other side of the cab, sensodraulic hydraulic system, in all honesty a better tractor, which is probably why we still have the 844, although I do love the 885!

3 minutes ago, Paul Palmer said:

Do i keep it as a 845 John?

1 minute ago, Paul Palmer said:

Was your 845 an import

As I said Paul, I don’t mean to interfere, it’s just I’ve looked at doing something similar myself in the past and realised it wasn’t worth the work for me, but I certainly wouldn’t say whether you should do it or not. No, our 844 was one of the last and it was actually built in Doncaster as the transferred production there in the latter years. My father also has one, but a few years older and his was built in Germany I believe, in all honesty it’s probably better finished than the UK built ones

4 minutes ago, 844john said:

As I said Paul, I don’t mean to interfere, it’s just I’ve looked at doing something similar myself in the past and realised it wasn’t worth the work for me, but I certainly wouldn’t say whether you should do it or not. No, our 844 was one of the last and it was actually built in Doncaster as the transferred production there in the latter years. My father also has one, but a few years older and his was built in Germany I believe, in all honesty it’s probably better finished than the UK built ones

Your not interfering John glad you pointed the facts out i am tempted to still go ahead though, usually i like things right but this one wont be accurate