What's your latest farm/Construction buy in 2024

• robbo pinned this topic

Picked up this Marge Ford 8730 and a Tabmodels Ford 7000 skid unit. The 8730 needs some work. Not sure what happend with it. Curiously it has the door handles and mirrors of the bubble cab TW's. Going to swap the doors with my TW-15 and maybe some wider and higher rear tyres.

1704228251489174546342240484521.jpg

Edited by New Hollander
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, New Hollander said:

Picked up this Marge Ford 8730 and a Tabmodels Ford 7000 skid unit. The 8730 needs some work. Not sure what happend with it. Maybe dropped or something. Curiously it has the doors and mirrors of the bubble cab TW's. Going to swap the doors with my TW-15 and maybe some wider and higher rear tyres.

1704228251489174546342240484521.jpg

Uh Mf 6290/6160/6170 tyres fit the Marge rims a treat 

3 hours ago, FendtFarmer said:

Uh Mf 6290/6160/6170 tyres fit the Marge rims a treat 

Recently put UH MF 6475 tyres under the TW-15 and I guess these tyres are the same. Previously had McC MTX tyres under it but these are a better match. Wanted a little wider ones under the 8730 but may consider these. Thanks for the advice, Ben. 

Looks like there's a colour difference between the TW-15 (7610) and 8730 cab, so no door swap unfortunately... I believe the colour of the Marge TW-25/35 is a bit lighter. The 8730 is missing the 3pl, was thinking of putting a Replicagri NH TM 3pl on it. Now I'm thinking this is a pre-production prototype. 

1704229250067585777936131031196.jpg

Edited by New Hollander
  • Like 1

Yeah, well I was peeved they still hadn't raised the cab up over the fenders like on the real thing.  I guess the tooling budget didn't stretch that far. So once again I will do it myself and narrow the wheel tracking and change the tyres.  To be honest its 90% a cracking model that I will have to finish the other 10% on.

The Fendt 728 is a brilliant model, the only flaw is the black radiator grill which should be grey but thats easily sorted. And I will be spraying the wheels fendt red too.

4 minutes ago, phil phoenix said:

Yeah, well I was peeved they still hadn't raised the cab up over the fenders like on the real thing.  I guess the tooling budget didn't stretch that far. So once again I will do it myself and narrow the wheel tracking and change the tyres.  To be honest its 90% a cracking model that I will have to finish the other 10% on.

The Fendt 728 is a brilliant model, the only flaw is the black radiator grill which should be grey but thats easily sorted. And I will be spraying the wheels fendt red too.

Just now, Paul Palmer said:
5 minutes ago, phil phoenix said:

Expand  

Thought you would tinker with it Phil, look forward to seeing it

So I finally managed 5 minutes to sit down & photgraph my two new purchases🙂

The Fendt 728 was bought from my Fendt dealer who ordered it in from a french Fendt Warehouse, leftover model from Agritechnica. Edition One. £83.00.

The John Deere 6R.250 came from NorthWest Diecast directly and not via ebay. Saved £16 doing this, and to be fair my last 4 or 5 orders to them have been turned around very quickly with no delivery issues. That hadn't always been my experience with them in the past, so credit where its due.

Fendt is excellent apart from black radiator grill, should be grey. What I find odd is that Wiking just released new edition Fendt 0ne 942 & 1050's both with new grey grills!!  No problem as I will paint it and probably Edition two version 728s coming in the spring will have grey grills.  And I already have the wheels off and sprayed red in the garage. But the red plastic should please most buyers.

P1010364.JPG

P1010363.JPG

P1010355.JPG

P1010357.JPG

• Like 3