What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

getting very wet and dam cold sorting a faulty cable out, in one of the worst parts of plymouth , back again tommorrow to do a hopefully final fix, otherwise its a 3 day job in the middel of a very busy road in the same area, last time we spent a day or 2 there both vans got broken into

Well, after yesterdays trip to Pembrokeshire with 650 odd bales of hay on the lowloader and a return load of 2x 575's, 1x 5z0 and a 675, todays trip is somewhat a walk in the park. A refurbished 275 to Reading and a 590 4wd and a spare cab to bring back from Alton. I'm giving the 'new' 6 wheel beavertail it's first run today too. I must say it looks quite dapper as well. 8)

Thanks to the weather i've had a much shorter day at work than planned, the joys of retail work in a rural area. Panic buying, accidents, closed roads and major deliveries from County Durham that can't get within 20 miles of the store....Think I'll put my feet up have another cup of tea. :)

finnished school at lunch time (parents evening tonight) went up to the farm and a 6 wheeler was in the yard with 2 new snow ploughs and a mounted gritter fro the back of the tractor, snow plough and gritter on the t6050, snow plough and gritter on the tm120 and then the lorry gritter got some life put in her battery and she fired up aswell!

now we've got them loaded with salt and  if the snow thats been promised arrives i'll be off with dad at half 2 in the morning getting the roads clear  ;D  (our school has said if the snow comes dont bother coming in)  :P

Went to a farm up in Dover today to look at a combine.

1998 lexion 430,..........very good order,much better than anything else we've looked at lately.After a lot of negotiating we got to a sensible price  and should be taking delivery in the new year................ ;D ;D

Nice one John, has it got the CEBIS computer system in it and the yield monitoring kit or is it just the basic system?

I spent 5 years on a 460 and found it an easy machine to use and set up but just make sure you blow the engine/exhaust/under panel areas down daily, especially if it has the mesh type engine cover on it or you'll be on the local fire services Christmas card list ;D:of

Went to a farm up in Dover today to look at a combine.

1998 lexion 430,..........very good order,much better than anything else we've looked at lately.After a lot of negotiating we got to a sensible price  and should be taking delivery in the new year................ ;D ;D

What are you running at present John?

Best of luck with the new purchase!

Had a job to keep up with the Dommy98 when we were cutting away from the farm Mark ......... :-[

I suppose we will have to build another corn store closer to home................... ;) ;) .

Didn't go in the cab Gav,....was checking everything outside and left that part to the "driver".

One thing that wasn't working was the yield monitor and its pretty expensive to put right, so the experts tell us.

Overall it was a very well maintained machine and the only problem with it was a huge lump in one of the front tyres,...which will be sorted. It's even got a reversing camera,.....so I will not be able to pick my nose any more while following the combine........... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

got given a easy friday job,yeah right, what a pig of a job, gave up at 3pm after emptying 3 tanks of fuel on the compressor trying to get a blown fiber bundle into the toshiba factory, seems we have a crushed cable somewhere, usally a 900 m blow takes us 20 mins if that customers not happy?? and it turns out they also sent the guys from exeter down yesterday and they had the same problems, ?? so why send me i wonder

Weren't too bad but not dry enough for on-land ploughing so boss decided to get on and back in the furrow I went but cant get 650's to match up in these conditions only on light stuff with no wheel slip :'(

What boards are you on never had a problem with no8s with 650s

post-1913-132639546727_thumb.jpg

Went off to pick up a seed drill today, 2.4m trailed box drill. I thought it was a Bettison but thinking about it. ....  it wasn't! Began with B though  :laugh:::)??? ??? ???

Had a farmer nearby (Wheddon Cross) who for a small donation, came and lifted it on for me. From there I went on down to Crediton via Tiverton, following the River Exe. What twisty, winding road but stunning scenery down in the valley surrounded by beech tree's, the river itself. . .. very nice in clear blue skies and a frost on the ground.

Anyway, Crediton saw me pick up a pretty tidy 290 Turbo which was an ebay find and from there to a farm up in hills beyond Cullompton to pick up an old generator from a farm sale. I left there just as the snow swilled over the hill on the opposite side of the valley. From there all the way home it snowed, sometimes light, sometimes heavy.

Quick trip into Devizes to see the lights switch on and firewroks - or not as I missed it but the venison burger bar was there so, well rude not to eh?!  :P:) :)