What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Carrying on from yesterday with final preparations for the college 24 hour ploughing marathon. Finally ready to go after a manic day running round trying to do lots of niggly jibs that shouldn't take long but still seem to. Also got the final timetable given to us today (ploughing in the dark for me ), along with news that we should have a demo Fendt 936 to have a play with in the afternoon. All I can say is roll on tomorrow. Thank god for energy drinks

post-2550-0-13027900-1332962894_thumb.jp

Edited by Tommy Gough

Lord help me, my sister in law from Fla. is here and we're have "Pullenover Curry Chicken".... :of I hello heartburn no doubt........My first time ever for Curry........ ;)

There's a first time for everything, Rick! Anyway I thought you were supposed to be hot stuff yourself ::)

Ouch.... knowing my luck I'll be reincarnated as you hand Alex :of :'( :) :)

to generate that sort of misfortune probably requires murdering someone..

corsa clutch is done! currently preparing my friends transit connect (known colloquially as "super transit") for a road trip this evening, to collect £3k of bespoke car parts i've just acquired for £650. only problem is that people have panic bought all the diesel. i'll be nipping to tesco for 50 litres of vegetable oil then...

More destoning after sorting out last nights little problem with the machine where it ingested an old plough share which jammed the 4th web and top web together bending a bar on each in the process ::) Started on our last field today as well so getting there now

Well today (friday), since it after 12, I will do abit with the 4 sg2 john deeres im busy at the now, then leaving at 4 to.head to peterbourgh, ready for spalding on sunday ;):)

more grassland rolling,i wont put up pictures of the tractor,its the same jd and roller as last time,but a couple of pictures of one of the fields i was in,just under 30 acres and called golden pool,took most of the day then started a 20 acre field,the 30 acre field runs beside the river yeo

post-1769-0-68161400-1333222605_thumb.jp

post-1769-0-76425800-1333222619_thumb.jp

work as usual, but not to much to do ,however just had to pop up to the local tesco metro to assist my step daughters other half after the merc sprinter they run failed to start, first call was do i have any way to tow it off, no was the reply, its loaded up to, next call was do i have any easy start?? nope again ,followed by a weird request , can i bring a can of lynx deodrant?? turn up and hes on his mobile to his mechanic mate , tells me to get in the cab and turn it over, whilst he does 3 sprays of the lynx into the air intake, away she goes??? great little tip , apparently easy start, and lynx share similar explosive propertys, and only lynx works , others have been tried sure and alikes , but it does make you wonder what the hell it does to your underarms each morning?? time to swap to sure or something i thinks :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Nice scenery there, Paul. Very nice indeed.

Sean I'll remember that, we keep Easy Start in the lorries for getting old junk to start but I also have Lynx in my overnight bag! :D

Well for me it was a busy day and a bit. Last night I left the yard at 17:30 and pulled up at Crowlas at 22:00 for the night in the rigid. Then this morning I left there for a farm just the other side of Penzance where I collected two well rotten Masseys, a canned 135 and a 565. Leaving there I headed back up to Tiverton where I met the artic. Winches the two tractors up on to the lowloader and went to a saleground and picked up a Kverneland 5f reversible, took that out to the artic and cranes it over onto the lowloader, back to the saleground and lifted on a 4m Massey drill, 2f Ferguson Ridger and a generator and headed home. Unloaded, reloaded with a 3065 and loader with bucket, tines and spike for my job to Taunton. FRmer is trading in a poorly 3120 I think.

Nice scenery there, Paul. Very nice indeed.

Sean I'll remember that, we keep Easy Start in the lorries for getting old junk to start but I also have Lynx in my overnight bag! :D

Well for me it was a busy day and a bit. Last night I left the yard at 17:30 and pulled up at Crowlas at 22:00 for the night in the rigid. Then this morning I left there for a farm just the other side of Penzance where I collected two well rotten Masseys, a canned 135 and a 565. Leaving there I headed back up to Tiverton where I met the artic. Winches the two tractors up on to the lowloader and went to a saleground and picked up a Kverneland 5f reversible, took that out to the artic and cranes it over onto the lowloader, back to the saleground and lifted on a 4m Massey drill, 2f Ferguson Ridger and a generator and headed home. Unloaded, reloaded with a 3065 and loader with bucket, tines and spike for my job to Taunton. FRmer is trading in a poorly 3120 I think.

certainly sounds a busy day tris

i would have never thought of lynx mate, was pretty amazed when it fired first time with it ,but it does make you wonder whats in it and what it does to your skin :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Alcohol (or some other volatile substance) as it evaporates at skin temperature. I would imagine that any non-powder deodorant spray would work too

Can't knock that for a nice Good Friday job, Paul. I finished the chain harrowing today by doing 70 acres. Then went round the cattle, did a couple of injections in some calves and then cut a bar out of a ring feeder as one of the bulls had his head stuck in it! :D :D 11hrs clocked and Traci is doing me Mediterranean roast veg to go with my fillet steak. Perfick!! :)