What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

I quite enjoy tiling, Sean. Here's the deal, I'll do your tiling if you put three extra sockets in out frony bedroom..... :)

Alex, I'm just using the packs of loft boarding you get in the likes of B&Q and Homebase but when I get to doing the roof pitch your tip may we come into use so a thanks on advance to you. You bruddy good bloke you :)

Will is that at Cirencester? My mate was doing rides in his Manitou cherry picker up there today.

I quite enjoy tiling, Sean. Here's the deal, I'll do your tiling if you put three extra sockets in out frony bedroom..... :)

Alex, I'm just using the packs of loft boarding you get in the likes of B&Q and Homebase but when I get to doing the roof pitch your tip may we come into use so a thanks on advance to you. You bruddy good bloke you :)

Will is that at Cirencester? My mate was doing rides in his Manitou cherry picker up there today.

righto, do you mean boarding over the orange insulation up the side of the roof? the chipboard flooring is far too thick (minimum thickness 18mm) for the job, the t&g make it most effective in situations where it needs to take a lot of weight... (unless you just mean about asking for damaged goods, in which case, oops) just plasterboard will do fine available in 8x4' sheets too!

not wishing to teach you to suck eggs either, but compressing the insulation is not energy efficient, I'd advise you to use batons to increase the rafter depth to greater than that of the insulation, then to board over it.

just had a huge nostalgia moment of trying to explain to a man why he couldn't use a sheet of OSB as a fence panel, and explaining to a woman why 20 5.4m lengths of slate lath with 4m poking out of the sunroof wasn't advisable... oh that and a man walking in with a picture of a bunk bed and asking what wood he needed to make that!

Edited by Deere-est

well its been a long day,just got in,due to the very good weather we had today it was all go to get the maize drilled,my drive for the day,more pictures tomorrow,im knackered,off for a shower and something to eat,and then do it all again tomorrow

post-1769-0-84345200-1336861759_thumb.jp

post-1769-0-31904700-1336861771_thumb.jp

post-1769-0-60395500-1336861784_thumb.jp

post-1769-0-80926300-1336861795_thumb.jp

well its been a long day,just got in,due to the very good weather we had today it was all go to get the maize drilled,my drive for the day,more pictures tomorrow,im knackered,off for a shower and something to eat,and then do it all again tomorrow

nice day to be out on a tractor paul. that tractor needs a bigger power harrow behind it. :P Edited by chris.watson

More of the same tomorrow presumably Paul looking at the forecast, how many acres have you got still got to break up?

5 1/2 hours to go on my shift - then sleep till 3pm - get up and feed then make six firs and finish of the fencing for my display section, then start cutting the out the farm buildings for the 15mm farm then add foilage to my bocage walls - then finish off my hedges for the diplay section and then off to bed at 7pm up at 9pm back into work.

oh and don't forget to say hello to the wife in the process.

not a lot really, planned to ring Lordo up to see if i could pop over with Harry, but he went down with a suspected case of chicken pox, Harry not Mark! ;D ;D ;D ....although seems to not have taken hold as we were told? :-

cut the grass instead, done some tidying up, today clean the BBQ before back to work and the commute to hell tomorrow! :-X :-X :-X

oh and need to get a new PC, 30mins for this one to start up! >:( >:(>:(

Been out with pup for a nice long walk and a splash in some streams. Now a bit of DIY, got some tile trip to reattach, two cast iron downpipe funnels to fix up outside for planters and a towel rail to put up. Then up the inlaws for a barbecue...... and to practice a Chuffing line dance...... I'd rather pick my nose with a broken bottle. >:(

Been out with pup for a nice long walk and a splash in some streams. Now a bit of DIY, got some tile trip to reattach, two cast iron downpipe funnels to fix up outside for planters and a towel rail to put up. Then up the inlaws for a barbecue...... and to practice a Chuffing line dance...... I'd rather pick my nose with a broken bottle. >:(

line dancing triss, you do have some varried hobbies dont you mate, yeeeeeeeeeeee-haaaaaaaaaaaaa! :P

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: step to the left trissy :laugh: :laugh: can just see you doing that, what is the practice in aid of then???

Traci's family love a good yes-haw line dance and so her sister has arranged a surprise birthday for her boyfriend where we l have to dress up as cowboys and cowgirls and do some line dances, three in all I think. To say I am not looking forward to it is an understatement, I'm hoping for a night in hotel Scania or at the very least a late finish. Still, I hit back four pints of cider to dull the pain.

same as yesterday,and boss asked if i would pull a sickie from the painting ,so up there again tomorrow,some more pictures,mf 8450 on the subsoiler ahead of me,the 2 power harrows on the go to cover more ground,and one as the sun was going down

post-1769-0-51898300-1336940016_thumb.jp

post-1769-0-25207800-1336940034_thumb.jp

post-1769-0-19337800-1336940048_thumb.jp

took the grand daughter swimming this morn as usual, on the way back i noticed the silage has started, could see a tripple mower of some sorts working away on a filed on the banks of the tamar as i went across the bridge ,also saw a team of nh and jd tractors off somewhere with weston trailers on the back, no idea where to mind, then out for a drink at a coastal pub, followed by cutting the grass, and out for tea, nice relaxed day