What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Today as with the last two days, I'll be shaking out hay. We've thirty odds acres in the barn, 50ish cut and of that about thirty shaken out. That will be shaken out once more today by me, then rowed up by another chap for the balers. While I go on shaking out tomorrows work twice. In all, 200ac to do but this week we'll aim to bale up until tomorrow and then look at the weather as it is mean't to change.

Fleet this year is:

6180 mowing.

390 shaking out.

399 on haybob.

698 and 6160 baling.

165 Farmhand loading.

590, 290 x2, 390 trailering.

JCB 531-70 on a 12 plate unloading at the barn.

Is that Wiltshire-speak for tedding Tris? ;)

Still waiting for calls from two farms to do bale trailering/stacking

so far done all the washing, then repaired the outdoors chair belonging to the step daughter , which had a slight accident saturday at the bbq, someone sat on it a little heavily ??, then repaired the 2 draws that have been broken for a while now, where the handles kept coming off and the bottoms had come free, now off out into the shed back to the jd builds

then repaired the outdoors chair belonging to the step daughter , which had a slight accident saturday at the bbq, someone sat on it a little heavily ??,

That wouldn't have been you would it Seanie? ::) ::)::)

er nope mate, not this time, was a visitor that also blew the bouncy castle up :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: nothing major, its now all reglued and g clamped up. next stage is 2 nice countersunk bolts sets through just to be sure its all ok, was a fairly expensive set so i was told, so worth repairing

Had a meeting about the future of the farm and how we procede with wind down and arranged another meeting next week to sort out what is going into the farm sale later in the year.

( I know where a real County 944 will be sold in the near future) ammongst other vintage machinary and implements ;)

Had a meeting about the future of the farm and how we procede with wind down and arranged another meeting next week to sort out what is going into the farm sale later in the year.

( I know where a real County 944 will be sold in the near future) ammongst other vintage machinary and implements ;)

Will the land be auctioned at a later date Scott?

Edited by CMB

Tedding again today after starting a 6am for the second TB test on the store cattle. Yesterday the two claas balers kicked out 5000 bales between them! Last year that would have been half the crop!

Bale carting in a hoary old Zetor 8045 + nondescript trailers, then receiving and stacking mostly manually in the barn. Other help from NH 6635 with a Cook flat 8, cabless Leyland 384 2wd (also drawing), and, (for a short while) a Chillington 56 bale carrier (before a leaking ram was discovered).

Bit of DIY today after a long week. 12,000 conventional bales in the barn, the last 1000 odd two of us stacked last night finishing at midnight. Still got 70 acres to do..... No idea where it will all go!! Some will be loaded directly ok to the artic for me to take to Wales I expect. Big crop, Barry. Been a good year for grass. Where is the new job goibt to take you then chap?

Bit of DIY today after a long week. 12,000 conventional bales in the barn, the last 1000 odd two of us stacked last night finishing at midnight. Still got 70 acres to do..... No idea where it will all go!! Some will be loaded directly ok to the artic for me to take to Wales I expect. Big crop, Barry. Been a good year for grass. Where is the new job goibt to take you then chap?

Egad! That puts my little 2000-odd gathered this week into perspective and I'm still recovering from that!