What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Is it a popular sport in England Mark?

Seems to be getting that way judging by the number of spectators all along the route yesterday, Bradley Wiggins winning the Tour de France and the Olympic cycling success has helped no doubt. It was quite a spectacle to see 8)

Popular as in many people do it Ol. Not too popular with other road users at times though

But then Tractors on the road are not exactly popular with the general public either, as people often are only too keen to tell me ::):laugh:

So far today I have fixed a security light. It was only the bulb needing replacing but it had been up for so long the screw to drop the glass cover was seized solid and despite using WD 40 on it the phillips head got burred. The long and short of it I had to disconnect the wires take the light down and hacksaw the stud off. Should have been a simple 5 minute job but these things are sent to try us. Vaseline on the studs now. Off to jet wash car now.

But then Tractors on the road are not exactly popular with the general public either, as people often are only too keen to tell me ::):laugh:

yeah I get that too. Ask them if they've eaten in the last 48 hours, if they say yes then ask them why they have a problem. No farmers, no food. I do try to explain about the connection between farmers and food

been gardening today, cut back the brambles at her mums, had to remove part of the fence to get to it mind, then cut back the hedgerow at the back of mine, had a guy from behind moaning big time until i pointed out i do it every year, sometimes twice depending on how it grows, have done for 14 years now and it also belongs to me now after we took it over after enquiring with the council and land registery last year, blokes only ived there 1 year so went away a tad embarrased, not like it backs onto his garden or anything, its just a car park behind and he doesnt park there anyway, hes got a driveway

Get on the money, Alex. Do it while you're young and healthy mate. Same for lately but apart from the monumental UH c0ck up it doesn't seem much has been missed!

difficult to turn down the cash mate... i do miss people from here though, m'lord, seanykins, you trissle, the aunties, billiam bookbank, gavalar... to name but a few

Poured the floor off the new workshop, due to go up next week, then washed half the fleet for a photo shoot for next years catalog, depressing times :( then the pub with the lads for a well deserved pint(s),

sat taking it easy before back to work tommorrow on overtime

Sat taking it easy again today too then :D:P

I'm heading for Tilbury docks to drop off a Tanzania bound Seddon Atkinson tipper. On up to Peterborough afterwards to pick up an MF6160, 3f Lemken reversible, a fertiliser spinner and a combination cultivator. Most of which will stay on the farm to put the first crop of wheat in behind the pea/barley wholecrop which wad bales off earlier in the year. First bit of arable on this ground ever I believe and possible for the farm in at least 50yrs possibly ever.

• Like 1

working at a converted barn we did about 4/5 years ago,and quite a farming connection today,western power were replacing 2 leccy poles and got talking to the supervisor,and found out that he knows the guy that i work for part time ,western power uses his telehandlers on their jobs,also a guy drove up to check on his sheep,as the barn conversion has a lot of fields around it,and the guy was the son of my uncles boss,my uncle who has passed on now was farm manager for his dad,got talking again,and he took my number,may be some part time driving for him,i used to work there as a kid up until i was about seventeen,so small world

Just booked Nathan Carter tickets for Natalie and I he's playing in out local hotel in December so the cowboy boots and shirts will be back on again as we have just seen him last Saturday night Natalie and I had a great time love country music.