What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

well I am now officially in charge, jobs pretty easy, know the work and a likes inside out , all the systems etc , but this will be the first time in 24 years I have ever been office based, always been outside working, and I think that will be my biggest issue :laugh:  :laugh: :laugh:  already nearly nodded off when everyone was out as I had done everything within an hr without breaking a sweat

Been using Spell Check too by the looks of this post!! Well done Sausage!!

• Like 2

I went for a little run in the car today,to Methil in Fife to try and get some photo's of one of the biggest crawler cranes in the World,the demag CC12600 capable of lifting 1600 tons at 22meters,it's next nearest rival can only achieve that at 10meters,but it's real ability is it can still lift 200tons at 102meters i dont think there is another crane capable of doing that,this is the second time this crane has been in Scotland and also the second time I've seen it,the first time it was at Clydebank lifting an oilrig onto the top of a ship,which subsiquently sailed down the Clyde only to hit the Erskine Bridge,due to security I could only get within about 400 meters to it,you get some sense of scale with the two guys in the centre,

Demag12600Methil2013009re_zpsb2bf9288.jp

Demag12600Methil2013022re_zps311691dc.jp

Demag12600Methil2013029re_zpsb5d04c4a.jp

Any other day this would be a big crane,but not today,

Demag12600Methil2013033re_zps74a348e6.jp

This I guess is what it will be lifting once everything is completed,

Demag12600Methil2013034re_zps58f44f04.jp

Regards

Joe.

• Like 1

some ones been complaining to Microsoft I recon ,the laptop did a whole series of updates the other day, and since then it prompts for spell checking, even online :of  :of:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  

Been using Spell Check too by the looks of this post!! Well done Sausage!!

Oh Tris,what a question mate,first Van Seumeren are Dutch,so lives in Holland,but like trucks they don't pay for themselves sitting in the yard,i do know when it was at Clydebank,it's next job was in South America,??,it normally travels by barge I think,each front boom section is roughly 10ft x 40ft = 3m x 12m but I think weight wise one rear section fits inside each front section,

here are some good photos of it from a Dutch heavy lift enthusiast Jan VanWees,http://www.janvanwees.nl/Spanje/Spanje.htm and a pdf http://www.anthonycraneusa.com/loadcharts/Demag/Crawler%20Cranes/CC%2012600%201600%20Ton/CC%2012600%20Demag.pdf

Regards

Joe.

• Like 1

trying to track down an ebay purchase. bought a new bumper for the c2, (bollard, don't ask) seller shipped it, to the right address, nothing has arrived, UPS tracking says it was delivered and shows a signature, (Not my signature!) so I do not know where the bumper is. Luckily my cousin happens to be a manager at UPS... 

trying to track down an ebay purchase. bought a new bumper for the c2, (bollard, don't ask) seller shipped it, to the right address, nothing has arrived, UPS tracking says it was delivered and shows a signature, (Not my signature!) so I do not know where the bumper is. Luckily my cousin happens to be a manager at UPS... 

this. still. feeling like this... 

3opuow.jpg

oh and I'm apparently decorating the flat. up to my eyes in filler dust. 

Edited by AlexMF
  • Like 1

Busy as, few people trying to "test" in my current role . All dealt with though leaving one very red faced and not speaking to me mind , hey ho grow up I say , worked to midnight the last 2 nights getting a job done after someone went sick , but with luck I have now got tonight and tommorrow sorted with someone else so with luck I can get the j24trac .Pics up to i when I get home

• Like 1

Busy as, few people trying to "test" in my current role . All dealt with though leaving one very red faced and not speaking to me mind , hey ho grow up I say.

I know the feeling Sean. I've had two members of staff leave recently after I told them precisely what I thought of their performances an behaviours. No great loss mind. :D

...today i've been doing exactly what I was doing yesterday, and the day before that. Not a right lot after a trip to Rotherham Hospital on monday morning.

They should know better, I am no different when I am out side so why would I change in here , I will not just add extra products to a job so they can cover up just how slow they really are , not my problem they are bone idle at the end of the day, and when you decide 45 mins after your ment to start to arrive in the office and tell me your flexing off 2 hrs early, which he can no probs, when you actually knew yesterday , so we had time to rearrange the teams then , aaaarrrggghhh enough said , it's like dealing with kinder garden age people

Will there be enough snow for me to go skiiing when I'm over Ol?

it's trying to snow here so i'm playing on the carpet infront of the fire with my nh190 wheel loader picking up the odd bit of saw dust like a kid. :-[  

Be plenty Pat,the ski fields have a realy good covering I saw on TV last night.If it's dry enough you can come ploughing or drilling with me for a day if you like if it's wet Dew and I will take you for a drive around our area so you can see a few farms.

well its been my first week back since baby cameron was born, he arrived 10 days late, apparently he gets that from me , so been changing nappies and feeding him while carlys been getting a rest. So yesterday i started what was supposed to be a small job, the person im carrying out the work for owns a small plant company but decided it was to big for his largest machine which is a jcb 8020, told me on the phone its only 40 tonnes and the earths getting dumped up at the local farm, that was 160 tonnes ago, ended up taking my 3cx and 8085zts down, along with hiring a 9 tonne dumper, doesn't look nearly finished, and hate to think how much is still to come out, should have just stayed at home with cameron and let carly go back to work...would be so much easier!

well its been my first week back since baby cameron was born, he arrived 10 days late, apparently he gets that from me , so been changing nappies and feeding him while carlys been getting a rest. So yesterday i started what was supposed to be a small job, the person im carrying out the work for owns a small plant company but decided it was to big for his largest machine which is a jcb 8020, told me on the phone its only 40 tonnes and the earths getting dumped up at the local farm, that was 160 tonnes ago, ended up taking my 3cx and 8085zts down, along with hiring a 9 tonne dumper, doesn't look nearly finished, and hate to think how much is still to come out, should have just stayed at home with cameron and let carly go back to work...would be so much easier!

Harry not long ago you said you where on crutches god watch out you don't do any more damage jumping in and out of the 3 cx

fit as a fiddle me... should still be on them according to the quack but as the young ones say YOLO, no wont be any jumping in and out, carefully climbing the steps with 3 parts of the body touching at all times like your taught when sitting your ticket,