What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

took the 2 girls swimming this morning along with family visits, then did 12 white chocolate and raspberry muffins with sophie as her mum was out last night and ever so poorly this morn :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

once she had gone I got the external woodwork stained on the ash tree piggery, also made all 4 sty doors plus the main sliding door, roofs cut to size and 2 skylights fitted in , all the sow grates are now silver and mounted to the walls, along with the feed toughs fitted, just got the water pies and suckling drink pints to make ,plus get 4 or maybe more ? red heat lamps made to hang above each sty, then its external weathering and ivy etc to go on,

also got the first 2 paint  colours  onto the Volvo lorry, although in hind sight I may have sprayed it the wrong way?? time will tell, roof done along with the cab part, haven't got the paint for the chassis / arches  yet and finished the interior to right hand drive and painted that all up .

Fitted a new handle and mechanism to the window in my girlfriends bedroom, been broken for a while now. We then got on and glazed her new 8 x 12 greenhouse which was fun with the wind here today! Been a busy weekend with rewiring the front spot lights on my Defender yesterday after the wiring kit that came with them failed, I then fitted the centre switch console I have for it, wired up the roof mounted spotlights and the beacon bar on it, been trying to get round to it for weeks!

Yeah, certainly am, mind you, today aside, they may actually fare better playing IN the dark!! I do have the 4 55w lights on the roof on an isolator switch so they don't always have to be on with the main beam though, certainly hear the engine change note at tick over when I turn them on!

Trying to finish up jobs at my work as this is my last week of being a car sales man :)

I've a new job now and cant wait to start it in Scotland in a place called New Deere working for a Contractor called Eric Gibson

finely some good news and luck :D

• Like 5

Trying to finish up jobs at my work as this is my last week of being a car sales man :)

I've a new job now and cant wait to start it in Scotland in a place called New Deere working for a Contractor called Eric Gibson

finely some good news and luck :D

Well Robert you will be in good company up there,your only a stones throw from the next North East show in Newmacher,and Bill, Andy and Brian are also right on your doorstep,

Regards

Joe.

• Like 1

Popped into the mobile phone shop this morning as my current contract is up for renewal so I wanted to see what I could upgrade to, I ended up not upgrading as I have no need for another phone, the one I have is less than a year old and there's not much point in changing a nearly new Samsung Galaxy S3 GTi9300 for the sake of it. So, no phone upgrade but reduced the length of contract from 24 to 12 months which cut the monthly tariff by just over £2 a month and doubled my free call minutes and data use and increased texts to unlimited.

all the best with the new job Rob,what will you be driving?

Thanks Paul I think I will be driving a Claas 640 they run a JD8360R, 7530x2 6930, 6820, 6420 and a MF6495

Well Robert you will be in good company up there,your only a stones throw from the next North East show in Newmacher,and Bill, Andy and Brian are also right on your doorstep,

Regards

Joe.

Yeah be nice to meet up with the guys at some point :D

Wish you all the best Robert...and maybe an article for CLASSIC TRACTOR on Eric Gibson ;D

Now your talking Bill he has 2 Ford 7000 sitting in the shed but they are needing restored

Knowing where Brian works, I would say the Claas tractor you'll be driving and any other Claas equipment they own Robert.

Good luck with it, hopefully you'll get on ok there.

They have a lot of stuff from Sellars so Brian must work for them Gav

They have a lot of stuff from Sellars so Brian must work for them Gav

Brian does indeed work for Claas Rob,there are photo's on here somewhere of Brian at a Claas 100th year show with a collection of his Claas models,but I cannot find them anywhere,also if your moving to the North East you will definitely need one of these, http://www.aboutaberdeen.com/doric.php the North East of Scotland is very much like the North East of England,they have their own language, :laugh: :laugh: >:D

Regards

Joe.

• Like 1

Brian does indeed work for Claas Rob,there are photo's on here somewhere of Brian at a Claas 100th year show with a collection of his Claas models,but I cannot find them anywhere,also if your moving to the North East you will definitely need one of these, http://www.aboutaberdeen.com/doric.php the North East of Scotland is very much like the North East of England,they have their own language, :laugh: :laugh: >:D

Regards

Joe.

Oh I've found that out they there own language :D

• Like 1

Thanks Paul I think I will be driving a Claas 640 they run a JD8360R, 7530x2 6930, 6820, 6420 and a MF6495

Yeah be nice to meet up with the guys at some point :D

Now your talking Bill he has 2 Ford 7000 sitting in the shed but they are needing restored

I remember spreading dung with a pals father one L reg.There were big powerful beasts in their day. I always remember my pal saying it was the best loader tractor he ever had and wish he had kept it. I suppose it is the usual story most folk need the trade in money to upgrade to a newer tractor.

Regards

Joe.

It will be under events and shows if anywhere. I was asked to do coverage of the display for Rory Day at Classic Tractor so I may well have posted the remaining balance of photos I took after the article was published. If not there was a picture in Classic Tractor.