What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Cold and wet with -5 on the farm, tractor work is up to date with most of the wheat in the ground. Off to listen to some of top arable farmers from around the world talk about fert,crops,irrigation today.

70% of farmers think they are in the top 10%, this should be a good test and show were the gaps are in my arable understanding. 

DSC_0008_zpsyup7puum.jpg

DSC_0003_zpscextmnur.jpg

• Like 3

flat out at work, done my first weekend in a good 7 years this week, doing 07.30 till 2100 most weekdays, as normal the contractors have let us down yet again at end of quarter, yet we still pay them, despite us having to do their job, doubt any other company would do it??? in tomorrow on ot again, but now counting down to the british gp in 2 week, and with luck I will get next weekend off as I will break the European working time rules if I do not, but that's never stopped them making me do mandatory overtime before, they just sign me out???

Rain stopped play for me over weekend little bit more forecast for today but hay not spoiled yet so get it turned later today and maybe baled on tue/wed then get cutting again .Made the most of the wet weekend by

putting the lights up and socket fronts on in my shed/rest room

Well not what I have done today but over the weekend which was one of them rare days off so went to palgrave rural event good lot of tractors and ford and Fordson club was also there with a fantastic display from Fordson n to tw25. Mrs R was honoured by driving my Deutz intrac while I dusted off and polished the old Steiger.

post-221-0-47456500-1435000759_thumb.jpg

post-221-0-08553900-1435001229_thumb.jpg

post-221-0-27522500-1435001294_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Well not what I have done today but over the weekend which was one of them rare days off so went to palgrave rural event good lot of tractors and ford and Fordson club was also there with a fantastic display from Fordson n to tw25. Mrs R was honoured by driving my Deutz intrac while I dusted off and polished the old Steiger.

Martyn your not laying under the steiger somewhere are you The missus looks fit and has a smile on her face hope you are both well.

• Like 1

Martyn your not laying under the steiger somewhere are you The missus looks fit and has a smile on her face hope you are both well.

Thank you for the lovely comment I will not be telling her indoors about being fit as I won't hear the last of it! No I wasn't under there as well all I told her to do is find the oil leak and then she said take a picture got one from last year show under the Deutz she just like getting under my things? Anyway we are all good hope that you are all as well to.

• Like 1

Wish we were on hay or silaging, weather looks spot on next week though.

Today I went to the lincolnshire show for a few hours,

Then fought the dog for a fence post

post-2056-0-30197600-1435259029_thumb.jp

Finally went to pick up our new press

post-2056-0-60924300-1435259082_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Relaxing, just done 18 days straight ,mostly 14 hr days hence my lack of time on here, sure i will be happy when i see my paypacket for the next two months though, only got a 3 day week this week with the grand prix next weekend,and only 5 weeks total to my 3 weeks off, no past the deadline for this quater so we as normal , have fone from flat out,helping up dorset,somerset and in devon in our usual patch, to pretty much nothing for a week, so easy days for this week with luck