What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Interesting yard you've been in there Smithy :)..... That Weeks trailer has the earlier style decal on it from the 60's..... so has a good bit of age about it and still in fairly good shape 8)

its still got most of the paint on the inside floor

• Like 2

its still got most of the paint on the inside floor

It must have had steady life then smithy after all these years..... local contractor got a brand new West 14 tonner the other year and don't think there were much paint left on the floor after 2 seasons.....unless they used better paint in the 60's ;)  :laugh:  :laugh:

• Like 2

the chassis looks like a pettit smithy , biggest they did was 6.5 or 7 tons for a single axel I think , but the wheels / hubs don't look right for them , the body more home made?? or maybe  a legg body ?? certainly a mis match or parts

yes the body is home made think I now the person that built that bit but down the sides it still have the pins that the sides hinged on  

I took my mates sawbench back today and took these pictures of 2 of his tractors will post the rest later as computer is slow and dinner time is over

Smithy my old mate they look like you, good genuine still working hard, but getting on a bit hope you and the lovely wife are well regards Goody.  

• Like 2

took the grand daughter and my niece swimming this morning, followed by tidying  the garden up. spent  a few hrs in the shed on the ford 5000, plus started a second one, cleaned the muck spreader and primed that ready for top coat , although I still haven't decided what model to do, but looking like krone or skh ,  infact skh is edging it I must say, re assessed the 6600, mainly  the bonnet ,solved a issue with that one now to, then after a fair bit of nagging, (last week or so hence the outdoor activities :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ) I packed my case ready for 2 am Tuesday morning  when we fly on holiday, took me a grand total of 5 mins , and no matter what she's mentioned its in there, and a good 6 kg under weight too , nagging now stopped  , bliss , shes still working on it after a week and a half :of :of

• Like 3

Smithy my old mate they look like you, good genuine still working hard, but getting on a bit hope you and the lovely wife are well regards Goody.  

Thanks Goody I will take that as a complement ,yes me and the lovely wife are well hope you and your wife are fine

Just about to leave for the airport, had a message from my cousins husband, he wasnt overly impressed with being taken of his mf 8680 and put on his fathers class arion yesterday,as the combine drivers been taken ill, so his mum made him lunch to make up for it, cant say i have seen this before, bags of chips or maccy d' s yes but a full plated roast ??

post-44-0-52596500-1438651958_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Blight spraying again, hopefully if tomorrow goes to plan I should get it wrapped up for this week. Got a trip to Cottenham and Waterbeach down the A10 with the Sprayer in the morning so will see what rude gestures I get this week!!

Sat chilling on the balcony with a bottle of wine(2 actually she's got a red and I have fruity blush rose) after another hectic 38 degrees day with the kids. Now a pleasant 24 and a gentle breeze. 2 more days here then Tuesday's off to the cruise ship for a week , talk about bliss .

Started to bale barley today but got rained off at 1 so went and cut a hill side field for hay as the forecast is good for the rest of the week. Then stacked 50 bales that we baled on sat. Hope to get a few little bales of barley but we are waiting on some parts for the baler.

post-4142-0-33831200-1439234088_thumb.jppost-4142-0-53869100-1439234155_thumb.jppost-4142-0-94746000-1439234194_thumb.jp

Edited by mb86
  • Like 7

Got a well over due hair cut. Just heading out in to the garden to start making an extra veg plot for next year. Will get a load of dung from a friend to sit on it over the winter and will dig it in the spring of the year, believe it or not i dont eat much veg, but handy for soup and mum eats alot. Also give some to my neighbour's and that. I enjoy growing them, take my mind of things and give me a wee break from the models :-)

• Like 4