What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Off on holidays today so its my first day off since we got the new house inside almost finished thanks to Kirsty aka (Mrs MF) so todays plan is to paint the inside of my garage and get it ready for the new arrival the little MF135 I think my garage is going to end up a MF man cave.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

spent Wednesday/Thursday/Friday over Martyn Reeves taking tractors apart to get the parts needed for his next batch of model to take to the next 2 shows also spent a few hours masking up some cabs ready for a respray  .Saturday and today I have been back on the farm spraying the wheats

Was working down London yesterday with my mates from Barking Forge had to carry a window guard up 3 flits of stairs out though a window/door on to some scaffold  get it level drill bolt holes right though the wall as bricks are soft and rawbolts would just come out .the building was 5 story's high and we was on the 3 story/apartment which was being decorated out by 10 polish men had just been sold for 1.5 million pounds      

IMG_0294.JPG

Edited by smithy
add picture
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, smithy said:

Was working down London yesterday with my mates from Barking Forge had to carry a window guard up 3 flits of stairs out though a window/door on to some scaffold  get it level drill bolt holes right though the wall as bricks are soft and rawbolts would just come out .the building was 5 story's high and we was on the 3 story/apartment which was being decorated out by 10 polish men had just been sold for 1.5 million pounds      

IMG_0294.JPG

Hi Smithy, you keep doing these dare devil jobs! The next one you do, will probably be to deliver some lady a box of milk tray while absailing from a building. Mind you, I guess you already do that for the lovely Julie, being the old romantic you are. 

p.s the window guard does look nice. 

Regards, Goody

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Goodiestractor said:

Hi Smithy, you keep doing these dare devil jobs! The next one you do, will probably be to deliver some lady a box of milk tray while absailing from a building. Mind you, I guess you already do that for the lovely Julie, being the old romantic you are. 

p.s the window guard does look nice. 

Regards, Goody

Thanks Graham yes already done that one but that's a story for  another day

• Like 1

been and got my euros ready for next weekends trip to Zwolle, then spent the afternoon fitting the new frameless shower enclosure, eventually got it right, but I highly recommend others don't buy one, t**t of a job is an understatement, if your wife ever recommends getting one, tell her she's fitting it,everythings straight and level, have checked it I don't know how many times, yet still the dam thing took an eternity to line up and get right >:(,but its in and sealed ,tomorrows job is fit the shower, after swimming with the grandkids mind

• Like 1

Been at a model auction this morning with mf135 ,Robploughing,and Ford8830 then the 4 of us went to breakfast-club then later on was packing boxes in to Martyns van ready for Zwolle next week found lots of things in his stock room that he had forgot about   

• Like 1

Well you lot are defiantly dodgy that's for sure smithy :laugh:

for me ,after what seems like ages (2weeks) I have a shower back again, it's amazing how you miss something, so much easier now after doing the rest of the room, all that's left now is the new mirror to glue in place, skirting boards back on and painted, and the new down lights to be fitted finished by a lick of paint on the ceiling, lights will be two weeks now as I am away for the next two weekends, but the paint etc may get done in the eves 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Jdeere6910 said:

At work today, got done milking so went for breakfast, come back and there's about 70 cows quite happily paddling around the silage clamps, but this special creature went the extra mile

image.jpg

Did she go through the netting? We had some up the side of the clamp last week but they hadn't been on the sheet. Think I read somewhere that if the clamp is rolled well you can drive on top of the net to stack bales. Don't think I'll try it though. 

On 14/11/2015, 19:51:48, Tractorman810 said:

been and got my euros ready for next weekends trip to Zwolle, then spent the afternoon fitting the new frameless shower enclosure, eventually got it right, but I highly recommend others don't buy one, t**t of a job is an understatement, if your wife ever recommends getting one, tell her she's fitting it,everythings straight and level, have checked it I don't know how many times, yet still the dam thing took an eternity to line up and get right >:(,but its in and sealed ,tomorrows job is fit the shower, after swimming with the grandkids mind

Sean was this a Brownie Point job so you could go to Zwolle, Well done for doing it may see you there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mb86 said:

Did she go through the netting? We had some up the side of the clamp last week but they hadn't been on the sheet. Think I read somewhere that if the clamp is rolled well you can drive on top of the net to stack bales. Don't think I'll try it though. 

I don't think she did go through the netting, quite durable stuff unless it gets ripped. I'd say the clamp is pretty solid but wouldn't want to drive up it though

13 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

She can dream , she hasn't seen he list of painting jobs I have for her when I am away, ceiling and skirting boards for her :laugh:

Now Sean don't forget to behave yourself when in Robbos car and don't keep saying  ARE WE THERE YET 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tractorman810 said:

As if I would, it's david you need to watch , he caused a real scandel. A while back when he stole some "smith kendles" without Markus approval , it was hell in the car for the remaining 4 hrs drive ;D

Yes blame poor little David but we all now the truth so behave yourself this time Sean