What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

2 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

I had your steak today for lunch David,sorry, but I did leave you that nasty ale stuff ;D;D

Enjoying the joys of tap water, tapwater and more tap water at the moment.......Mum was insistant I shouldn't miss out on a little bit of Venison tonight....i'm not arguing with her on that one! :D:D

• Like 4

1 hour ago, walterderwent said:

Enjoying the joys of tap water, tapwater and more tap water at the moment.......Mum was insistant I shouldn't miss out on a little bit of Venison tonight....i'm not arguing with her on that one! :D:D

Good to hear that you are on the mend! Sounds like you are living well tea time sounds like a bit deer to me!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Good to hear your on the mend David and that you get a good recovery ready in time for a few machinery packed months with your camera ;)

Thanks ever so much Paul. Barring any complications with my recovery I should be chasing around with my camera again in a couple of weeks time, all being well. :)

• Like 2

Decided to roll the sugar beet land today ,we planted the beet on Friday into cloddy ground and allow we have had 4mm of rain in showers since then the wind has dried it out don't like to roll as its another set of wheeling's but to improve the seed/soil contact I have done it, this was the better field of the 2 I have this year I rolled at 3.5mph with the heater on as it was bitterly cold up here today   

20160424_174323.jpg

20160424_174341.jpg

20160424_174357.jpg

20160424_174422.jpg

20160424_174441.jpg

20160424_174456.jpg

• Like 6

Well not really today but yesterday went for the first time in a long time to a general toy and train fair or toy swap meets as they were call years ago in ipswich not a big toy fair but one chap was selling his collection of boxed older Britains at very reasonable prices to! So don't forget about the old toy fairs it's not all eBay. On another trader stand was this Bandai Mitsubishi D1300 compact tractor model and rotavator in about 1/28 ish scale made in japan in the late 1970's which I had missed at a local auction a few sales back now heading towards my collection.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, smithy said:

Decided to roll the sugar beet land today ,we planted the beet on Friday into cloddy ground and allow we have had 4mm of rain in showers since then the wind has dried it out don't like to roll as its another set of wheeling's but to improve the seed/soil contact I have done it, this was the better field of the 2 I have this year I rolled at 3.5mph with the heater on as it was bitterly cold up here today   

20160424_174323.jpg

20160424_174341.jpg

20160424_174357.jpg

20160424_174422.jpg

20160424_174441.jpg

20160424_174456.jpg

I can smell the barking fox Chinese from here o lovely! That is why you got out to take pic? 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, mf135 said:

I can smell the barking fox Chinese from here o lovely! That is why you got out to take pic? 

Yes I could smell something as well but don't think it was the Chinese I got out of cab because I needed well I think they call it a comfort break I call it a p### 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, chris.watson said:

That's a big garden Cyril, you must like your potatoes.

Yes we do like our potatoes last year the rain came and we had none first time we ever had to buy some . Some cabbages as well .. 

2 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

Will make a few people dribble smithy, bit of a beast even for the big fields up your way 

Yes would make a few people dribble there is a bit of a smell round that area at the moment so you can have a guess what they was spreading you can see which fields it has been on by the wide tramlines  

Nice log set up Smithy, is that your timber or just helping out ?

I like doing logs, something very enjoyable with the smell of the wood, the sawing and splitting with an axe to produce a source of heat.

• Like 2