What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

well the new fiats done well, have put 250 odd miles on it since tuesday, so at 452 miles from new,the 5th and 6th gears went and left the selection process today, had to limp back from torquay getting no faster than 50 ,AA called and told it was ok to do  as it was a 3 hr wait for recovery although the garage werent to impressed . its now down at the local fiiat dealers under warrenty repair. oh how it bodes well for the future ;D;D

• Like 1

at least i aint paying for it, sems its not the first of our new ones to do it either, apparently fiat sold them at such a silly price we couldnt say no, prob is i am stuck with it for at least 5 years now,unless they give so much agro they decide to swap earlier, until this batch we were getting a mix of transits and Vauxhall movanos ? but the Vauxhalls have been dropped as they are tiny inside ,and bits kept falling off them;D;D

i saw several fiats tractors working today,old pair of 880 dts,one a brown 2 wd the other a orange  4wd with loader neither had doors, or much left wing wise, but both happliy working away ,and a 88-95 i think go past with a tedder on, seem pretty popliar round torquay way,as i know of a good few others 

1 hour ago, robbo said:

Not good Sean. I have never understood why Fiat tractors are almost bombproof but their vans and cars are such fragile rust buckets

True .. great tractors . Still a few 1000 DT Supers working hard around my area. And the 110-90 is just a pure classic & legend. The Winner series are also strong performers . Farm near me has an F115 with a Turbo and also has a JD 6620.  The Fiat would pull the socks of the more modern JD any day..  The Iveco engine just pulls like a train.

But their cars.. Bad job. I remember when me and my cousin were renting together a few years ago. He had a 2 year old Fiat Punto with about 12K on the clock. Head gasket went in him. As soon as he had it fixed ..he got rid of it for a 5 year old Toyota Starlet. Off course in terms of reliability the Toyota will leave the Fiat for dead.. Fiat = Fix It  Again Tomorrow ..Best of luck with the van Sean. Maybe Fiat have improved over the last few years. ;D

;D;D no it wasnt,bar not selecting them,it made no noise at all ??? were working fine on the way up bar one jump out of 6th , on the way back when i got onto the a38 , first bit where i could get any real speed up and use 5-6 , and nothing, wouldnt engage at all,almost like it was a 4 speed box , gates just were not there , kimd of weird really, bit like me :P before someone says it;D

• Like 1

last few weeks I have been rushed of my feet trying to make hay before more rain come as I was cutting with my 4240 case and  my mccormick carting bales and mxu135 on baler I had my neighbours J/D on the turner and between us we kept things on the move .

20160706_182520.jpg

20160706_182454.jpg

• Like 2

Just now, trigger82 said:

Yes but there is a small toyota meet beside me on sunday so i got it out for a spin. Ahw i will be down in cork . 

Might see you there. The brothers AE86 is gone for a rebuild. So he will miss it this year. But we will still go for a look. The Lee Valley Golf course meeting place is only across the river from me. 

• Like 1

I started of using my 945 baler but had a problem develop which I could not fix for a couple of days as I had to wait for parts as rain was forecast I got out my 377 baler which we put 2000 bales though till it had a problem with one of the knotters which I think I caused as was pushing it to finish before the rain the water you can see round the 945 come out of a storm that only lasted 30minutes but dumped 28mm on use together with hail-stones which has damaged the rape .I have since repaired both balers and used both of them .

• Like 2

we had a window break whilst cutting grass with the case 4240 probably a stone thrown up by mower , anyway a good friend of mine from a well known local dealers' delivered me a new one late one evening together with some other parts ,he could see we was having niggle problems with the balers and allow it was 10pm he phoned another branch of his works and arranged for a second hand new Holland to be delivered to me on demo/view to by which we used for a good few bales Thanks GOODY , now do I sell my two and have one ,keep all 3 ,or send the 575 back?       

20160720_080019.jpg

20160720_080039.jpg

20160720_080131.jpg

20160720_204552.jpg

20160720_204631.jpg

20160720_204744.jpg

20160720_204814.jpg

20160720_204832.jpg

• Like 4

8 hours ago, justy 46 said:

Might see you there. The brothers AE86 is gone for a rebuild. So he will miss it this year. But we will still go for a look. The Lee Valley Golf course meeting place is only across the river from me. 

Ahw might see you at it then  should be a big show this year. 

that 575 looks almost new smithy, maybe just sell the oldest of your two ?? keep one as a back up to the 575 . at least you got it all done thats the main thing, is the damage to the rape bad then ?? i know theres been some very heavy showers round he thrsday i to friday 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MDFord said:

Nice to see the line up of small balers Smithy. Your 2 look well kept, that 575 is tidy too. 

Thanks for comments my two are not bashed about but the wearing parts are getting a bit worn and some off the parts are no longer availably and the parts you can get are £££, the 575 has got a couple of battle scares but no real problem and it makes a nice bale and is a bit faster then the other two   

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, smithy said:

Thanks for comments my two are not bashed about but the wearing parts are getting a bit worn and some off the parts are no longer availably and the parts you can get are £££, the 575 has got a couple of battle scares but no real problem and it makes a nice bale and is a bit faster then the other two   

Apart from the feeder assembly, Is there much difference in build between the 575 and your own ones smithy?

10 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

that 575 looks almost new smithy, maybe just sell the oldest of your two ?? keep one as a back up to the 575 . at least you got it all done thats the main thing, is the damage to the rape bad then ?? i know theres been some very heavy showers round he thrsday i to friday 

Thanks Sean think I now what I am going to do just got to make some phone calls in next few days will let you now the outcome , I started cutting my rape today and you can see a bit off damage to the top pods but ok my neighbours rape was more forward than mine and got a lot more damage 50% in places  it was last Wednesday in 30min we had 28mm rain and hail-stones the size of golf-balls  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mb86 said:

Apart from the feeder assembly, Is there much difference in build between the 575 and your own ones smithy?

Knotters are the same plunger is similar but stronger and instead of chains and belts there is more gears on the drives yes the feeder is different but that is still driven by chains  

• Like 2