What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

22 minutes ago, mb86 said:

Nice pics smithy. I see you are handy with a welder, tidy job you have made on the weight frame. 

Thanks ,yes made it up one sunday morning as church was closed for the day haha ,used to do a lot of welding a few years back when I worked for a company building generators in the winter months I used to help make up the base units and convert 20foot shipping containers into sound-proof units 

• Like 2

I received a email from CNH INDUSTRIAL ST. VALENTIN-AUSTRIA on Monday this week inviting me to one of there 3 road-shows that they was putting on ,one on Tuesday at Cirencester ,one on Friday at Harlton,Cambridge and one next week somewhere in Scotland . So as it spoke of being wet on Friday and Cambridge being the closes I replied saying yes so me being me set of very early to allow for traffic and was one of the first to get there even before a lot of the reps from all the case dealers in the area but the coffee/bacon buttie van was on the go and was free so I dived in and then my Goodwin turned up so had a quick hello with him before going of to test drive the tractors of which I drove every one some of them twice it started to rain about 11ish so went and got another coffee and pork roll this time and was then told that some other farmers from my area was planning on being there in the afternoon so went and got another coffee/hog-roast roll and waited as by now it was raining hard and I know that I could not be doing any land work back home so went for some more drives in the machines and spoke to the farmers from my area and some from all round the local area ,anyway after most of them had gone and after appox 30mm of rain me and a demonstrator driver took the Quadtrac out again and sunk the machine we was pulling into the ground and set off on what was very wet ground but it pulled it and only had 6% track-slip I had more than that trying to walk across the field anyway it was then time to make my way home with very wet/muddie boots and another pork roll but no coffee as you cant drink and drive    

20160916_092600.jpg

20160916_092613.jpg

20160916_092632.jpg

20160916_092642.jpg

20160916_092653.jpg

20160916_092705.jpg

• Like 7

Some more pictures from the demo the tractor off the ground was connected to some controls in the tent next to it so you could practise setting up all the controls as in headland-management /auto gear changes . Some of the demo team had been over here for 4 weeks from Austria but was flying home over weekend and some more flying out to do the Scotland show then I think they said moving it all to Denmark

20160916_092755.jpg

20160916_092815.jpg

20160916_092834.jpg

20160916_092910.jpg

20160916_092926.jpg

• Like 7

been very busy over this weekend, since I was 18 on Friday! Went out on Friday and only made it to the first bar before I was very sick! ha ha!!

Then last night, I thought I was going out for a meal, but came home to a surprise party! I must say it was a well kept secret, however I am very gullible.

hopefully going to open the rest of the presents from last night...

• Like 4

Putting myself forwards for "The Darwin Award" today. This is where you are judged on your stupidity and if you followed natural selection then your line would die out.

It was wet in the garden but I was cutting the grass with a petrol rotary mower, it blocked and I wanted to keep the motor running to help to blow out the wet grass. The grass wouldn't budge and so I decided to give it a helping hand, my left hand. I have ended up with a broken finger which is better that chopping the damn thing off.........opps

• Like 1

5 hours ago, robbo said:

Putting myself forwards for "The Darwin Award" today. This is where you are judged on your stupidity and if you followed natural selection then your line would die out.

It was wet in the garden but I was cutting the grass with a petrol rotary mower, it blocked and I wanted to keep the motor running to help to blow out the wet grass. The grass wouldn't budge and so I decided to give it a helping hand, my left hand. I have ended up with a broken finger which is better that chopping the damn thing off.........opps

ouch bet you don't do it again

• Like 1

Been ploughing again ground is a bit softer since the rain on Friday ,also spent a few hrs checking over the combination drill as plan to start drilling over the weekend also had a quick visit to a mate of mine that has just come out of hospital as about 2 weeks ago he cut down a tree which landed exactly where he wonted it on the edge of a ditch he got in the ditch to clear out some rubbish and tree rolled on top of him and brock his collar-bone and stopped the blood supplies to his other arm he was found by 2 people out walking about 2hrs after it had happened was in hospital a little while as he got blood-poisoning but home now and on the mend may have to go and do some of his work to help out      

5 hours ago, smithy said:

Been ploughing again ground is a bit softer since the rain on Friday ,also spent a few hrs checking over the combination drill as plan to start drilling over the weekend also had a quick visit to a mate of mine that has just come out of hospital as about 2 weeks ago he cut down a tree which landed exactly where he wonted it on the edge of a ditch he got in the ditch to clear out some rubbish and tree rolled on top of him and brock his collar-bone and stopped the blood supplies to his other arm he was found by 2 people out walking about 2hrs after it had happened was in hospital a little while as he got blood-poisoning but home now and on the mend may have to go and do some of his work to help out      

He was lucky the walkers found him Smithy. Must have been a long old wait hoping someone would come to his rescue.

• Like 1

On ‎21‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 8:23 AM, Tractorman810 said:

ouch smithy, sounds like he was very lucky . how many acres left to seed then ?? everything left or are you doing some spring. crops to ? 

Yes he was very lucky but he is up and about but not allowed to drive at moment as for me if it don't rain on sunday I plan to start drilling wheat been giving some fields a second pass with press last few days as well as spreading slug-pellets and bit of spraying on stubbles where next years sugar beet are going we will also have about 30 acres of spring barley on one field where there is some black grass,as for winter crops ,wheat/barley/beans I have about 170 acres of my own to do and depends on weather if it turns wet I have some to do for 2 neighbour's as I have a Maschio/Accord combination drill       

• Like 3

been into work today after a 5am callout ,one of my workmates (may notbe much longer :rolleyes: ) rang in sick at 5 am for a scheduled A60 fibre change over ,basicly a customer agreed date and time we cant break   without huge penalties , which started at 6am, luckly i got there at 6.15 which wasnt bad given it was in exeter, and the other guy had made a start both ends already which saved me some time, got home about 30 mins ago,