What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

putting in the dining room downlights today, had the back bedroom floor up as the dining rooms all plastered ceiling wise, poped up b&q to get a new light switch ,as part of the upgrades, to get a call while up there asking if i can get some plasterboard? turns out the wife totally ignored my instruction not to go in the back bedroom and promptly put her foot through the ceiling , very luckly didnt hurt herself, and even more luckly put it through the only bit thats above the front room, the last room to be done ,why dont women listen ;D;D;D suspect she will now 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

passed a big milestone this weekend with the house, bar carpet ,which is all booked for 2 weeks time, for the stairs/landing, every room upstairs is now carpeted and decorated, having just laid the spare rooms carpet and moved all the furniture back in , leaving me just the front room to do inside, and then its all outside work left, mainly cladding for me to do,and relay the driveway ,plus get the new front walls built round the garden. been a long haul ,but the light at the end of the tunnels getting bigger ,plus i have a few weeks model time now to,as we are taking a months break from all the diy before we start again 

image.thumb.png.85b9032ab12942ecedd296ffd0025447.pngOur local dealer RC Boreham let us have this deutz 180 c shift for a couple of days. Sat next to our jd 6150r it's the same size foot print wise. Well I have to say, a very nice place to spend the day out ploughing, pulled like a train and if the deal is right we may well be changing the shade of green on the farm. Suspension is far,far more superior to the jd. Build quality seems to be very good. Sorry about the volume logo on the pic, my fingers got in a muddle on my I pad;Dimage.thumb.png.ce7cc77791408e6b1475cebb359fbe0c.png

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tractorman810 said:

will you try others out to chris ?? or will the boss just say yes or no to it price wise 

It will be a Deere or deutz. No other brands come up to scratch really, we have on Massey, a 6465 dyna 6, and it's an awfull piece of junk.cab is the worst I have sat in. Jd 6125r and 6150 r maybe swapped together for two new machines, but our 14 plate JCB 531-70 is coming up to 6000 hours and that's definatly going in place of a new JCB. Had the demo out a few weeks back with the new gear box, excellent machine.

there is a few deutz down this way, but i have noticed once bought they do seem to keep them a while ,where as deere nh's and masseys seems to get rolled over every 3 odd years, only others that seem to last are valtra t's ,one guys sticks with them big time 

On 4/3/2017 at 5:30 PM, walterderwent said:

Had a very enjoyable day at the Five Nations Ploughing Match near Doncaster today. :) 

P1260642.JPG

Super photo.

Did anyone else look at this and think of Mark Channell's ploughing escapade?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

there is a few deutz down this way, but i have noticed once bought they do seem to keep them a while ,where as deere nh's and masseys seems to get rolled over every 3 odd years, only others that seem to last are valtra t's ,one guys sticks with them big time 

Nh's and masseys are rolled over every 3 years round here, otherwise the price falls way down the more hours they get, and they are unreliable. Mate has a brand new new Holland t7 3 months old split in the workshop.

10 hours ago, bluegreen said:

I'm sure the Deutz is a good machine but Ive always felt they lack the charisma of other brands,  much the same as Valtra although the new ones are nicer. 

I think they sort of stand out Phil. The new range has the growly front end look of the new case Optum. Sdf just need a big major dealer to take them on, then they would get better established.