What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

last Wednesday I was helping my mates from down the forge we had two chimneys to drop liners down but first of all we had to unload two cherry pickers which caused a bit  of fun for a few local people that stopped to watch as they thought we was putting up the Christmas tree next to the clock tower after half hour of watching us they came over and asked when was the tree turning up

20171206_093759.jpg

20171206_093742.jpg

20171206_094123.jpg

20171206_092913.jpg

20171206_092322.jpg

• Haha 1

Day two we planned on using the smaller cherry picker but due to the slope of the ground it would only go up halfway then cut out with sirens and lights flashing so we got the big one round and did the second chimney in the rain as well it was chucking it down at times   

20171207_095519.jpg

20171207_124432.jpg

20171207_124525.jpg

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, 844john said:

yes, it's going to take a lot of scented festive candles to make it bearable at the moment for all those townies that have moved into the countryside for all that peace and fresh air!;):D

But they all want organic produce :D It just has to be sanitised first ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

16 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Busy times for you Smithy, that Weeks trailer you have looks tidy, a classic still in use :)

Yes Paul that was just one of the many things I have on the go at the moment seems to be no rest at the moment , the weeks trailer belongs to my mate Eric its in constant use up in his wood-yard it gets some abuse at times with wood dropping in it and it spends most of the time outside which is a shame I have dropped a few hints that I would like a trailer like that but so far he has not said that I can buy it :wacko:  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, smithy said:

Yes Paul that was just one of the many things I have on the go at the moment seems to be no rest at the moment , the weeks trailer belongs to my mate Eric its in constant use up in his wood-yard it gets some abuse at times with wood dropping in it and it spends most of the time outside which is a shame I have dropped a few hints that I would like a trailer like that but so far he has not said that I can buy it :wacko:  

Be a nice addition to your collection Smithy if you could ever get him to sell it to you, those multi-coloured weeks decals on the sides date from around the mid 70's so she's 40 years old if not abit older  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just pushed the calendar button on here and it say there is 2 birthdays today first one is CCF but not been on here since February 2015 and 2nd one is KIWI009 joined in 2007 but has never visited , but tomorrow apparently it is JOHNY MF; birthday  happy birthday Johny  

just been putting a few buys away in the loft in there sealed bags, plus updating the spreadsheet of boxed stuff, did t realise i had 320 plus models up there ,without even logging the unboxed stuff, probabably tame to some on here mind,especially brian or smithys , really must pic them all and start my own topic up,

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The gang turned up yesterday to start putting up my mates log cabin first of all they undone every pallet and laid out the parts that are all the same together and did a quick count up  to make sure all parts was here has taken two days now but all the big base pieces are in place so hopefully tomorrow they can go around and start building the main walls  .last two pictures of the base was taken in the dark this evening so sorry if not very clear , I hope to get some more pictures tomorrow if possibly but I have a busy day ahead and have also got a funeral to attend at 11am

20171219_145618.jpg

20171219_145613.jpg

20171219_150843.jpg

20171219_150807.jpg

20171221_160009.jpg

20171221_160021.jpg

• Like 6

5 hours ago, trigger82 said:

Thanks for that yes I did and my mother was sick so no dinner for her then 

You and your family have definatley been through the mill this Christmas Cyril... least you got your Christmas dinner.... best meal of the year :) 

It's been a while since you posted up on how your were getting on with that Nuffield tractor that you were restoring, is she back on the road now?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

You and your family have definatley been through the mill this Christmas Cyril... least you got your Christmas dinner.... best meal of the year :) 

It's been a while since you posted up on how your were getting on with that Nuffield tractor that you were restoring, is she back on the road now?

The father has it in shed did not much more with it do need parts 

• Like 1