What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

20 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

Just been helping the granddaughter with her school project, a ww2 allotment , wonder where all the materials came from  

34D42308-0D85-4829-9011-C1453B2F107B.jpeg

Military supplies store ? Your granddaughter has done a fantastic job of that    

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SPN said:

She certainly takes after her grandfather when it comes to diorama building.

:D

its “grumps “ not  grandad mate , :D:D no idea why ,thats what she started calling me ,and it stuck. she was up in the loft for a while lookimg at what i had done and took a couple of pics then down she came, bar the superglue she did pretty much all of it bar the tree , that knoc scatter aint cheap so i put that on for her 

• Like 2

finally got the driveway sorted, all locked in and jet washed down, just need to runa plate wacker over it,and sharp sand it to lock them all in. next step is lift and clean the gravel on the side out ,as thats where all the mixing etc was done  for the extension, should be able to reuse most of it, along with the locking plastic grids its in, so with luck a days work ome weekend, then its just re planting and painting the sleepers up .done, no more work on the house . a summer back at the models with luck 

• Like 2

baking day ready for tomorrow ,, so far i have got the bakewell tart done, 24 eclairs are cooking, shes on the 3 quiches and i am now on the victoria sponges 1 normal(bar the raspberry gin jam for it:D) and 12 midi size  chocolate ones, still sausage rolls to do, proper meat ones for the normals and some vegei ones for the weird ones :D some jam tarts and maybe a lemon merange poe if we get time, plus2 pizza doughs to do, some for our tea plus 8 others  for the freezer ready for next friday for friends round .and if i get time maybe sit down for 10 mins 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

baking day ready for tomorrow ,, so far i have got the bakewell tart done, 24 eclairs are cooking, shes on the 3 quiches and i am now on the victoria sponges 1 normal(bar the raspberry gin jam for it:D) and 12 midi size  chocolate ones, still sausage rolls to do, proper meat ones for the normals and some vegei ones for the weird ones :D some jam tarts and maybe a lemon merange poe if we get time, plus2 pizza doughs to do, some for our tea plus 8 others  for the freezer ready for next friday for friends round .and if i get time maybe sit down for 10 mins 

What time shall I get there ,I like a good Tart (Bakewell):D

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, smithy said:

What time shall I get there ,I like a good Tart (Bakewell):D

given your track record getting down this way of late,best leave now for a 2.30 meal, although i suspect you will be fighting my mum,mother in law, step daughter ,grandkids, brother and his nipper ,plus his son,  the wife and me of course :D:D its come out well mind, just need to ice the top up tomorrow 

• Like 2

I used to work part time in the winter months for a generator company and most weeks there was a engine delivered on a heavy duty pallet which there had to pay to dispose off so they was happy for me to take in a tractor/trailer 2or3 times a year to clear them up ,yes a few nails in them but some good sized bits of cheap firewood only takes a few minutes with a good hammer to knock them apart then cut as normal on saw bench avoiding the nails . when the ash-pan on fire is full I take it outside and with a big round magnet I saved of the back of a loud speaker I just hold it a inch above the ash and all the nails fly up onto magnet and with a gloved hand just wipe around and nails fall of into dustbin then dig ash into garden   

20180310_154734.jpg

20180310_154728.jpg

• Like 6

just been putting some bits up in the loft, had to have a tidy up while up there,check everythings ok, and came across this,all intact and mint , in-fact i didnt know i had it ,as i also found another in one of the black boxes i store stuff in .question is what shall i do with it 

029316AD-BA44-4B12-AF5B-3BDB3BD9ED93.jpeg

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

just been putting some bits up in the loft, had to have a tidy up while up there,check everythings ok, and came across this,all intact and mint , in-fact i didnt know i had it ,as i also found another in one of the black boxes i store stuff in .question is what shall i do with it 

029316AD-BA44-4B12-AF5B-3BDB3BD9ED93.jpeg

Use them or sell one to me :D

3 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

leave them both there Sean and hope they breed!:D

• Haha 1

went into work today for a days ot, picked my van up from the garage as it was in for a service friday, managed to get  25 m from the workshop  door and bang , engine went , dumped its oil in the yards carpark, and stopped ?? needless to say the guys from the garage seem very worried given they just signed it off . so i decided to sign off and came home, no spare vans at the mo, and may well be vanless for a few days depending on what they find, at least it didnt go on the main road at 70 on the way to tiverton i guess 

• Sad 1

It must be a day for breakdowns Sean, tyre on the spreader blew at 4 this morning, Fair split in it but the fitter managed to effect a temporary repair (or bodge) to keep me going for now but half loads only today. Must be a big cow roaming free in teesdale going by the size of the pat. 

image.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, mb86 said:

It must be a day for breakdowns Sean, tyre on the spreader blew at 4 this morning, Fair split in it but the fitter managed to effect a temporary repair (or bodge) to keep me going for now but half loads only today. Must be a big cow roaming free in teesdale going by the size of the pat. 

image.jpg

Judging by the last time i was through Barney on a night Martin there's more than one big cow on the loose in the dale!:blink:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Sat in the yard again as the vans still knackered , new bit has arrived but doesnt seem to have sorted the issue , now looking at it being sent to the local fiat  dealer , which will be a week or so away with them it seems , belive it or not in a company our size we only have 3 daily hire  vans ,all being used, and no other spare vans available ? Luckly i have  access to one tomorrow as my mates on leave for the rest of the week  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

Sat in the yard again as the vans still knackered , new bit has arrived but doesnt seem to have sorted the issue , now looking at it being sent to the local fiat  dealer , which will be a week or so away with them it seems , belive it or not in a company our size we only have 3 daily hire  vans ,all being used, and no other spare vans available ? Luckly i have  access to one tomorrow as my mates on leave for the rest of the week  

Only until you break that one :D then you will be back on Shank's pony

• Like 1