What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Things did not go quite to plan yesterday , I have enough jobs on the go at the moment so was not looking for any more but a friend of a friend got in touch to ask if I could top his 5 acre meadow that afternoon as his topper was broken and he would pay me as I left the field ,well was not looking for the work but the model vouchers at the end of the job sounded good so off I went did the job and sure enough he was there to pay me got talking about his broken mower when he said he had bought a new one together with a Farmall  tractor which is being delivered in about 2 weeks time and the tractor he had got was not big enough for the new mower so he was going to stand it on side of road with for sale on for £££ pounds as it has a oil leak . so yes I then had to give him his money back as a deposit and the rest when I picked it up last night the oil leak is a pipe that just needs replacing as it is just dripping out of the fitting where it is crimped on . I will fix it and give it a oil change and unless when the wife sees it she wants to keep it for her horsey meadows I will be selling it on

20180607_192518.jpg

20180607_192447.jpg

20180607_192417.jpg

20180607_192402.jpg

20180607_192346.jpg

20180607_192313.jpg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, smithy said:

Things did not go quite to plan yesterday , I have enough jobs on the go at the moment so was not looking for any more but a friend of a friend got in touch to ask if I could top his 5 acre meadow that afternoon as his topper was broken and he would pay me as I left the field ,well was not looking for the work but the model vouchers at the end of the job sounded good so off I went did the job and sure enough he was there to pay me got talking about his broken mower when he said he had bought a new one together with a Farmall  tractor which is being delivered in about 2 weeks time and the tractor he had got was not big enough for the new mower so he was going to stand it on side of road with for sale on for £££ pounds as it has a oil leak . so yes I then had to give him his money back as a deposit and the rest when I picked it up last night the oil leak is a pipe that just needs replacing as it is just dripping out of the fitting where it is crimped on . I will fix it and give it a oil change and unless when the wife sees it she wants to keep it for her horsey meadows I will be selling it on

20180607_192518.jpg

20180607_192447.jpg

20180607_192417.jpg

20180607_192402.jpg

20180607_192346.jpg

20180607_192313.jpg

Do you not want to stick some case IH decals on an keep it as your new ploughing tractor smithy?

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Looks as though you've a bit of truck work going on in the background Joe.. :)

Ha ha,well spotted that man,thing is though,that photo was taken in 2011,ha ha!.

Regards

Joe.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, catkom3 said:

Ha ha,well spotted that man,thing is though,that photo was taken in 2011,ha ha!.

Regards

Joe.

Did you get the project finished Joe or is it still an ongoing job? knowing you it'd be an interesting build of something abit less common :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Did you get the project finished Joe or is it still an ongoing job? knowing you it'd be an interesting build of something abit less common :)

Don't think it'll ever get finished Paul,my building skill's are not what they once were,lot's of thing I'd like to do,but just no longer have the enthusiasm to do them,maybe after I retire next year,I might start again,you never know.,

Regards

Joe.

• Like 2

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 5:07 PM, Tractorman810 said:

what make is that then?? 

Well I think it is a SIROMER it is one of them tractors that come from China on a pallet that you put together yourself its got a 3 cylinder engine which I think is about 30hp but could be wrong on that , I am going to get in touch with a suppler this week and get some info on it and hopefully a operators manual   

• Like 1

spent most of Saturday tractor hoeing some of my beet as there is the odd patch of weed-beet and the more I can cut up the less I have to pull later on , its not my tractor and hoes I have borrowed it of a good neighbour/friend  

20180608_160926.jpg

20180608_160940.jpg

20180608_160948.jpg

20180608_160912.jpg

20180608_160854.jpg

20180608_160824.jpg

20180608_160753.jpg

• Like 8