What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

On 9/14/2018 at 10:15 PM, smithy said:

rolling the rape land the variety is CAMPUS it say on bag it weighs 21.6KG and there is 4 million seeds per bag I used 3 bags , it desperately needs a bit more rain at moment otherwise I might have to replant with something else . 

20180902_102033.jpg

20180902_171855.jpg

20180902_171924.jpg

20180902_172036.jpg

20180902_172057.jpg

Smithy did Julie make you count the seeds to check there was 4 million in the bag for not finishing any jobs she had asked you to do.

• Haha 2

On 9/14/2018 at 10:15 PM, smithy said:

rolling the rape land the variety is CAMPUS it say on bag it weighs 21.6KG and there is 4 million seeds per bag I used 3 bags , it desperately needs a bit more rain at moment otherwise I might have to replant with something else . 

20180902_171855.jpg

M&M's are grown in the ground then.......always wondered!!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, smithy said:

But you have some firewood to keep the home fires burning now ,,

We have the biggest heap of timber now Smithy, and there's still more to add to it, the wife can't burn it fast enough! Makes my annual Christmas present of a load of coal a bit less special now!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, mb86 said:

Dropped a couple of fields for second cut today, looking at the forecast for the week I will probably cut the rest tomorrow. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

there has been some 2nd cuts around my bit of Suffolk the last week as mowers, balers, wrappers keep going past the fields I been working on . It would have been a waste of good grass if you had not cut it

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 844john said:

We have the biggest heap of timber now Smithy, and there's still more to add to it, the wife can't burn it fast enough! Makes my annual Christmas present of a load of coal a bit less special now!

We used to have a Arga that burnt wood , about a ton a month in the winter , sometimes we had to open windows as it got to hot in the rooms but it did cook thing nicely especially Sunday lunch and cakes :D  

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, smithy said:

We used to have a Arga that burnt wood , about a ton a month in the winter , sometimes we had to open windows as it got to hot in the rooms but it did cook thing nicely especially Sunday lunch and cakes :D  

You're right Smithy, we still have an Aga and the food does taste better, trouble is ours runs on kerosene, and I'm sure it drinks more than Oliver Reed ever did!:blink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

11 hours ago, 844john said:

looks a decent crop Martin, I'm sure it's needed though.....

Its not bad considering it had no rain for two weeks after first cut. It certainly will be needed especially after the poor first cuts. I keep seeing posts on Facebook about a month long spell of snow this winter :o, mind considering they can't accurately forecast tomorrow's weather, I don't see how they have even the slightest inclination what's is going to happen in a few months. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, smithy said:

there has been some 2nd cuts around my bit of Suffolk the last week as mowers, balers, wrappers keep going past the fields I been working on . It would have been a waste of good grass if you had not cut it

I think this week will be a mad rush for anyone with grass to cut round here smithy, it could well be the last decent spell of weather.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mb86 said:

Its not bad considering it had no rain for two weeks after first cut. It certainly will be needed especially after the poor first cuts. I keep seeing posts on Facebook about a month long spell of snow this winter :o, mind considering they can't accurately forecast tomorrow's weather, I don't see how they have even the slightest inclination what's is going to happen in a few months. 

That's made me a bit happier then Martin, if there's two things in life that i never look at or take any notice of it's Facebook and long range forecasts, from what i hear they both usually talk a lot of rubbish!:D And if it does come, and i hope not as i hate the white stuff, well...thats it,...I'm off down-under to stalk Kylie for a few weeks, I'll come back after lambing!!!

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, 844john said:

That's made me a bit happier then Martin, if there's two things in life that i never look at or take any notice of it's Facebook and long range forecasts, from what i hear they both usually talk a lot of rubbish!:D And if it does come, and i hope not as i hate the white stuff, well...thats it,...I'm off down-under to stalk Kylie for a few weeks, I'll come back after lambing!!!

Don't be getting yourself locked up,  you have a few projects on the go that I wouldn't mind seeing finished. ;)

• Like 2

just back of my holiday, left southampton smack on 7.30 was back in the door,inc stopping to get the cats,and bags unpacked ,forst washing load on by 11.30 ,very clear run home , superb 2 weeks finished of by the most amazing sunset over peg well bay/deal ,my old stomping grounds. had a serious squeeky bum moment at st petersburgh mind with the russian imigration bods, i got through after a 5 min stand still look at the red dot, and a few questions ,standard for anyone apparently, by a guy who we swore blind was vladimir putin, or a dam good look alike, even the tui rep said the same, however the poor wifes passport pic is 9 years old  and she had different colour hair, ,queue nearly 10 mins of more intense questions and a supervisor doing the same as well,  swear blind they knew everything about us before we got there, luckly the supervisor let her through .according to the tui guys  it happens a lot and this season theres been 7/8 people refused access for similar reasons . would have spoilt the holiday slightly. worst bit was it was just as hard to get back on the boat  eve. though we had the visa slips .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1