What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Been a wet and windy weekend here in my bit of Suffolk so moved sawbench and splitter into a open front shed and cut up the trailer load of firewood under cover from the weather and put it all in big bags filled 15 of them , 4 of them I took straight out to a couple of friends that have helped me on the farm this last season

20190309_105100.jpg

20190309_105113.jpg

20190310_110402.jpg

20190310_110414.jpg

• Like 8

On 3/10/2019 at 10:16 AM, weblet375 said:

Been watching a excavator up the road digging footings for a new grain store. Why do plant machinery have greens flashing lights. 

its linked in to the seat belt , its shows if its being used , so I've been told 

• Like 3

had the youngest  grandaughter home today as not well, been of pre school since Wednesday. so all plans out the window, so while she slept and once up ate us out of anything expensive, i knocked up 30 of the scaleoox blocks ready for the piggery work,  had some ready so have cut out the corners and set them ready so i can cut away the timber  part ready for staining while i do the walls and internal walls 

• Like 3

After a few months of sitting in the middle of the field as a non runner the ED-40 finally lived again today, after rebuilding and fettling most of it without luck 2 squirts of easy start and off it went.. Hopefully the only time i'll have to use the dreaded stuff! Gave it a good blast up through the village a couple of times and realised what a lovely little tractor it is.

53522388_394917707753680_2226907033641156608_n.thumb.jpg.2882cdf5cf55e7247b29faa0003b71fb.jpg

• Like 5

Where I cleaned out the water course and cut out some falling down trees the other month I have replanted on the top bank 5 trees all different species and each one is for the 5 grandchildren that we have    they did come down and help plant them the other weekend and they are planted in the order of there age so oldest one is the first tree and so on , I also planted 2 more trees on the bank of the field next door to them ,so 7 trees in total

20190316_162522.jpg

20190316_162209.jpg

20190316_162120.jpg

• Like 9

1 hour ago, MDFord said:

Nice job Smithy.

What type of trees did you plant?

The trees are  Hornbeam , Wild Cherry , Red Oak , Silver Birch , Mountain Ash , Maple , Walnut . I did wont a few more but I left it late to order them and the supplier I used had run out of the other ones I would have liked . I will get them for next winter  

• Like 3

A nice thing to do mate, I planted quite a few including Alder, Maple, Beech, Ash, Wild Cherry Horse Chestnut about 20 years ago, they are coming on nicely. Also an Oak that I grew from an acorn from Alfreds Tower about 15 years ago, thats getting on for 20' tall now.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, bluegreen said:

Hows your rapeseed coming along Smithy?    Round these parts its ranging from ropey to catastrophic!!  Ive never seen so many ploughed up fields due to failed rape in all my life:o

Not very good ,out of the 30 acre field there is about 10 acres that has a poor plant the rest there is nothing I did spray were there was nothing the other week to kill off the grass-weeds  ,I have been re-drilling that bit today with Planet Spring Barley I have a picture of me drilling it today if I can upload it .

• Sad 1