What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

I went to work with my mates down at Barking engineering last week for a few days we had to take down old wooden fire- escape and replace it with this metal one ,it was at a place called Snape malting's which is a popular tourist attraction down here      

20190429_111125.jpg

20190429_111155.jpg

20190429_111212.jpg

20190429_111408.jpg

20190429_125435.jpg

20190429_130832.jpg

20190429_165030.jpg

20190430_155629.jpg

20190430_155652.jpg

20190501_161006.jpg

20190501_161011.jpg

20190501_161017.jpg

20190501_161030.jpg

20190501_161035.jpg

20190501_161111.jpg

20190501_161130.jpg

20190501_161400.jpg

20190502_100556.jpg

20190502_145432.jpg

20190502_145440.jpg

• Like 6

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 12:30 AM, smithy said:

Spraying my sugar beet Tuesday morning before the wind picked up ,desperately need the rain that forecast tonight/Wednesday   

20190507_095023.jpg

20190507_094931.jpg

20190507_094917.jpg

It certainly looks dry Smithy, have you had the rain?

• Like 2

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 4:34 AM, Valley Axe Man said:

Tidy work on the fire escape Smithy :)

It was made a bit harder because of the 3 telephone cables that cross over we had to have straps short enough to lift over but long enough to be able to drop down in place , then each tread plate which weighed 50kg each had to be lifted up above your head out of cherry picker basket and bolted in place made your arms ache

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

blimey,  not been to snape maltings in a long time smithy, certainly doesn't look to have changed that much

I had never been down there before last week ,the wife has been a couple of times to the concert hall but its not my type of thing so I let her out on her own :D 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, smithy said:

Are all 4 trees the same , I planted a Mountain Ash tree back in March

Yes they're all the same. Already have two other ones at another part of the site and they're doing well,  hopefully these will do just as well. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 844john said:

It certainly looks dry Smithy, have you had the rain?

Hi John , it has been very dry around here last few months a few miles away they have all had rain on odd days over the last few months but not us until Tuesday night and most of Wednesday, this morning I checked rain gauge and there is 17mm in it. on Wednesday we had a couple of rumbles off thunder but no storm with it just gentle rain ,they speak of bit more rain today at the moment its dry and warm with a bit of a breeze .All of are crops needed yesterdays rain and a bit more for this week is ok with me   

2 hours ago, smithy said:

Hi John , it has been very dry around here last few months a few miles away they have all had rain on odd days over the last few months but not us until Tuesday night and most of Wednesday, this morning I checked rain gauge and there is 17mm in it. on Wednesday we had a couple of rumbles off thunder but no storm with it just gentle rain ,they speak of bit more rain today at the moment its dry and warm with a bit of a breeze .All of are crops needed yesterdays rain and a bit more for this week is ok with me   

You certainly looked like you could use some rain Smithy. It's been very dry up here as well, great for lambing time, but not for grass. That said, everywhere is lovely and green and it has kept growing as long as it wasn't too hard eaten down over the winter. It rained all yesterday, last night and most of this morning here, so that should help, it's just so cold again with a strong north easterly wind. But then, I suppose we're never happy!:D

• Like 1

He you go John ,the first picture is the one from Tuesday and 2nd one is from this morning after the welcome rain . The brisk wind we had this morning has eased and sun is out to make it a good afternoon ,allow the local radio station is still say we have rain on the way  

20190507_094917.jpg

20190509_112722.jpg

• Like 5

and to top it of i just had a complete arse of a old neighbour from the back of mine, come and tel me i am not allowed to cut the bind weed and crap down from the back of my fence, on my property as they are trying to stop the kids using it as a short cut, managed to stay very calm, and point out that it wouldn't be an issue if all the residents  of said road, followed their terms in the deeds for each house regards maintenance of said car park ,ie  put the wall back up, the kids wouldn't get through. queue his son taking him away stating that i am  right ,as other in the street have said and giving me a nasty stare , the  old bugger even called me a w****r as well :D told him to toodle of back to washing his car and keep his nose out of other people business .wife amazed i never swore once at him .

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Tractorman810 said:

Neice dropped to school , hedge cut and trimmings taken to the tip, 2 cars washed , grass cut , all before 1 pm and its meant to be my day off and modelling was expected? Why cant women accept you need a day off :D

For some reason Sean,  whenever i say to the wife that I'm off to do a bit of modelling, she always says it must just be for gloves or socks then!:o:D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tractorman810 said:

and to top it of i just had a complete arse of a old neighbour from the back of mine, come and tel me i am not allowed to cut the bind weed and crap down from the back of my fence, on my property as they are trying to stop the kids using it as a short cut, managed to stay very calm, and point out that it wouldn't be an issue if all the residents  of said road, followed their terms in the deeds for each house regards maintenance of said car park ,ie  put the wall back up, the kids wouldn't get through. queue his son taking him away stating that i am  right ,as other in the street have said and giving me a nasty stare , the  old bugger even called me a w****r as well :D told him to toodle of back to washing his car and keep his nose out of other people business .wife amazed i never swore once at him .

I am amazed as well Sean. Of all the people that I know, you are the one that I would not get into an argument with as I know I would probably lose

• Haha 1

he would loose big time, as a very good mate of mine used to live  a few doors away in said street , and when the wall fell over tried to get it put back up,  none of them wanted to do it, despite the deeds stating its their responsibility ,tried to get the council to do it, and got told the same, pretty sure the same guy was living there then, hence why his son prob said i was right. my real issue was why bother me , the bind weed was growing through the close boards, pulling them out ,and all the times before i have cut it back they have never said anything.seems he had a bee in his bonnet over something 

3 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

he would loose big time, as a very good mate of mine used to live  a few doors away in said street , and when the wall fell over tried to get it put back up,  none of them wanted to do it, despite the deeds stating its their responsibility ,tried to get the council to do it, and got told the same, pretty sure the same guy was living there then, hence why his son prob said i was right. my real issue was why bother me , the bind weed was growing through the close boards, pulling them out ,and all the times before i have cut it back they have never said anything.seems he had a bee in his bonnet over something 

He probably could not get the answers while watching count down this afternoon so he took it out on you :D

probably mate, just the way he came storming over ,i was there 10 mins before he decided enough was enough, just had to come and have a go, never spoken to him before i fact had any interaction  with him, done the same thing at least 3 times a year, as i don't want to weed kill it, as like them i don't want the kids going through there ,but also don't need it destroying my fence ,he just wasn't having it .

• Confused 1

All of this makes me glad we don't have neighbours....well we do, but they're several fields away. Actually, thinking about it, the noise our lot make sometimes, it's probably a good thing that they're not close otherwise they'd probably be complaining about us!

• Like 1