What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

13 hours ago, Ferret90 said:

At least your not digging through chalk with solid flint bits haha

yes it's fine structurally apart from a few patches on the fenders. I do like the idea of keeping it as is maybe I will use a clear metal protector. It's a P3 so it might be better to keep it all original as there doesn't seem to be many untouched nowdays :) 

Looks like it would polish up a bit if you wanted Ted, looking from here some of that fancy cutting paste for paint would get rid of a lot of the rust stains. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mb86 said:

Looks like it would polish up a bit if you wanted Ted, looking from here some of that fancy cutting paste for paint would get rid of a lot of the rust stains. 

In some places, that have been worn down, the rust has come up nice and shiny, would be nice to get that finish all over

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 844john said:

looks good and sound underneath Martin

The combine had found a couple of wet spots and the headlands were a bit rough running across his wheeling a but it wasn't as bad as I expected. 

• Like 1

merrily  working away minding  my own business today in kingsbridge with my mate, when a pair of cyclists stop behind us. bloke says hello and we both wait the normal question, will this make my broadband quicker, or how do i get to X, when he promptly anounces himself as the CEO of bt, as in god. spent 5 mins talking to us, telling us about his hotel and holiday he's  on, shakes our hands and off he goes, first thing my mate says was , his wife was dam fit in her lycra, him not so :D bikes weren't bad either, all carbon fibre proper race spec things 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 10:18 AM, mb86 said:

Yesterday's antics, making barley straw into various shapes. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Your are ahead of me now Martin I still have my bailing to do , are headland are a little bit rough where combine has been turning but drying up every day down here

• Like 1

down a out half way now with digging out the new shed base, about 2.5 tons out so far in dump bags, now down into the old hedgerow infill so its nice decent soil and very light digging, bar a few big slate stones i keep finding , so some nice stuff to put back into the raised beds when done and hopefully level and relay the grass as well , sheds gone a little smaller now, just due to making it eaiser to build, so will be 2.4 m x 3.25 m when done . 

all work stopped now as we have friends round tonight for a meal, so time to start cooking ,and tidy up . 

• Like 3

Sounds as though your're getting on well Sean. Its going to be a handy size when you've finished & worth the effort. The older I get the less I enjoy digging, got a soakway to do, keep finding other jobs to do 1st!.

now down a meter over 1/3 rd of the shed base area ,so at my target depth now, aims for the next 3rd tomorrow all being  well,  then next weekend i can sort the last end, which is mainly big slates as it was the old hedgerow  end . was dam hot work today mind, sweating out last nights drink, ended up hosing my head down every half hour which was bliss 

• Like 1

digging yet again, not as much today as i had a late start, but its  another  ton out,1x dump bag, now 5 sat full, well above the top in heaps, but i recon by next weekend i will be done,and can start construction will total 6 m3 out at the end , well over half way now, at 1 m deep and the end thats left is more stones and rubble than soil, so should be quicker to do 

BE706CA4-17EA-45CF-A0EC-84D8571737EF.jpeg

• Like 5

its making best use of space mike, and by digging out , its using  a space that was just rough ground decked over so a waste area  , the fruit bushes etc will all be going, on the old ones site, and will get way better sunlight most of the day and we will gain more space for them as well   its something we should really have done from day one, but were pushed for time so we compromised ,and honestly regretted it not far of right away,  just taken me 5 years odd to get round to it , could prob have done it in a weekend with a mini digger, but the rental was the cost of the concrete materials, and its nothing i couldn't do, even if it has got suddenly hot once i started .

• Like 1