What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

The wider wheels/tires on my sprayer needed changing so i took the tires of and as i had been given a small sand blasting pot a few years ago and never used i thought i would give the rimes a tidy up ,it turned out ok so fitted the new tires took the row crops of and refitted the wider ones  

IMG_20200830_094746.jpg

IMG_20200830_094803.jpg

IMG_20200924_124640.jpg

IMG_20200924_124903.jpg

IMG_20200924_124917.jpg

• Like 5

On Thursday 24 we loaded this lorry with sugar beet as the factory had been in touch as they need one load to go in so they could weigh it on all there weighbridge's to make sure they are all calibrated correctly , nice to now i had the very first load of the season go in , the rest of the beet from that one field went in on the Friday and the Monday so that the factory had got a small stockpile before opening on the Tuesday      

IMG_20200924_150239.jpg

• Like 7

Had the major in the barn last week giving it a check over as my good farming mates father had passed away a couple of weeks ago and back in the 1960 his first new tractor was a major so i was asked if i would drive mine to the church and park up at the main entrance ,the tractor was a good talking point for the few of us that was able to attend on a sad day which was made worse by the heavy rain at the time :(  

IMG_20201006_180516.jpg

IMG_20201006_180545.jpg

IMG_20201007_082323.jpg

IMG_20201008_110309.jpg

IMG_20201008_110615.jpg

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, smithy said:

Because of the very wet conditions i have had to put a new set of boots on my drilling tractor 

IMG_20201002_132635.jpg

IMG_20201002_162633.jpg

IMG_20201002_162727.jpg

Looks like there is around 40% left on those tyres Smithy. I know a lot of farmers who wouldn't be changing them for another few years yet

• Like 2

On 10/16/2020 at 11:00 AM, robbo said:

Looks like there is around 40% left on those tyres Smithy. I know a lot of farmers who wouldn't be changing them for another few years yet

If it was no so wet i would have left them on for a bit longer but i could not get any grip and its only going to get wetter 

8 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

have you got any duals around then smithy, or even a set of floats for situations like this ? we used to have 2 sets of duals and 2 sets of cage wheels for when it was wet .

The tires on that tractor are fairly wide , i have a set of stocks duals that i used to use on a different tractor but when its as wet as this the gap between the two tires get jammed full of mud and then you cant get them off and as i do a lot of road work its hassle getting them on and off and transporting them around ,as for cage wheels they was ok in the spring when it was drying out but they just fill right up of mud in conditions like this  

its not  an easy situation to deal with really, especially  if you do a lot of road work, we were very lucky in most of the fields we had were accessible from other fields, bar a couple and even then the road distance was no more than 1-200 m across the road that went to our two farms . have you got much more to plant then ? 

• Like 1

On 10/17/2020 at 1:34 PM, Tractorman810 said:

its not  an easy situation to deal with really, especially  if you do a lot of road work, we were very lucky in most of the fields we had were accessible from other fields, bar a couple and even then the road distance was no more than 1-200 m across the road that went to our two farms . have you got much more to plant then ? 

Duel wheels really need 2 people to put on/off safely and as i work on my own 90% of the time they are a pain  , my front tires on drilling tractor are 550mm wide and rears are 650 mm .  I have about 30 acres to drill that has already been pulled down ,thats the problem ,if it was still on the plough it would be dryer , i then have about 20 acres to plough and drill once the rest of the sugar beet come out , the 1 field of beet we lifted the other week so the electric company could do there upgrade's to the cables by the 2nd week of October has been put back to the 2nd week of November now as they have run out of workers to do the job ,just hoping it dont get much wetter as they will make a tidy mess .   

• Like 1

dam van broke down again today, looks like the same issue as last time, all the hoses have gone, turbo as well it seem ,plenty of smoke but luckily no fire,wasnt nice mind as was doing 70 just past exeter on the m5 .  sure they said they had fixed it about 2 months ago, this if right would be turbo and complete boost system no 4 , and apparently another 3 weeks of the road ect the boss ain't happy and has complained up high ,and tomorrow  i am moving over to a 19 plate transit ,after someone left last week within his group, was meant to go back but hes told them flat i am having it, and at 5 this eve i had the confirmation mail and text .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

dam van broke down again today, looks like the same issue as last time, all the hoses have gone, turbo as well it seem ,plenty of smoke but luckily no fire,wasnt nice mind as was doing 70 just past exeter on the m5 .  sure they said they had fixed it about 2 months ago, this if right would be turbo and complete boost system no 4 , and apparently another 3 weeks of the road ect the boss ain't happy and has complained up high ,and tomorrow  i am moving over to a 19 plate transit ,after someone left last week within his group, was meant to go back but hes told them flat i am having it, and at 5 this eve i had the confirmation mail and text .

Was that the Fiat Ducatto again?

Sean "Leadfoot" Pullen strikes again 

• Haha 2

yeah the ducato again, seems its a common issue, they had a 1 year old waterboard one bought in today, exact same issue, they know of 3 in exeter that have experienced the same problem, luckily i am rid of it from tomorrow 82000 miles of torture and lack of trust if it will behave .