What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Since Monday i have been getting a few birds☺️ sorted out for Christmas dinner ,had a couple of mates come to help and my eldest son came along and got a few done ,he brought one of his stepsons along to help pull out a few feathers ,for a 15year old thats never seen this before he did ok ,he said he would come on friday and help when we draw them (take the bellies out) anyway after helping me cut the legs/wings of 5 birds and pulling the insides out he went a funny colour and we had to help him out of the wagon as his legs went a bit wobbly ,he was not sick but he could not come back to help anymore , at least he had a go 👍 ,i have put a bit of pocket money in a envelope for him as for helping with the feathers bit and will catch up with the lad tomorrow . Think he is having fish-fingers for Christmas dinner 😂as i think he has gone of chicken 😂 

• Like 4

Those Maus machines soon hoover it all up Smithy!!!

I watched one of the big local farmers to me load up 5 large Larrington Trailers each hooked up to Fendt 700s and then cart them 5 miles up the road to Wissington. Saved a bunch on using Lorries no doubt. The loader was a huge volvo with a ginourmous beet bucket on the front, must have carried 2 tonnes or so in one scoop😄

P1090730.JPG

• Like 2

do those manus machines clean the beet as they load then smithy?. best they can at least,i know they used to be very fussy on how clean they had to be back when we did it, so we loaded the trucks via a cleaner/ loader into the truck, with our  jcb3 c and a beet bucket. even then some loads got refused as to dirty .

• Like 1

Bit like Matty ,got a bit bored on Boxing day so took a couple of hrs out to start on this little project . Its a snowplough really but last few years i have used it as a grain-pusher and its been fine allow it is at a angle to push snow away its not been a problem . Anyway i decided to cut the main frame at the same place from back and going to weld in 2 bits of the same length so it pushes square ,it will be slightly longer out front than before but dont need it to long as will hit low roof and got posts to push around . 

20221227_110412.jpg

20221227_114350.jpg

20221227_114540.jpg

20221227_114550.jpg

20221227_121248.jpg

20221227_121302.jpg

20221227_145650.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, trigger82 said:

Went down to a man in galway that was selling out all this models and moving to USA  . Had my son with me so he thought it was my shed 

20230114_131613.jpg

Does he still have stuff on offer or did you buy him out Cyril.? 😂

I might be interested if he has stuff to sell.! 

• Like 1