What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

44 minutes ago, justy 46 said:

Does he still have stuff on offer or did you buy him out Cyril.? 😂

I might be interested if he has stuff to sell.! 

Yes he has selling all he has that only pictures I took . I get phone numbers if your interested 

• 2 weeks later...

A bit off a clear out behind my brothers house today.  Clearing for a shed to cover the 8210.  Drawing out sub soil to a site down the road. The T7. 270 and a Valtra 6600 on the haul. 8210 cracked the pípe between the manifold and exhaust... So it went out off action.. 

IMG_20230128_123855.jpg

IMG_20230128_123913.jpg

IMG_20230128_123751.jpg

IMG_20230128_124354.jpg

Edited by justy 46
  • Like 8

While frost was still in ground other week i ploughed the bit that the sugar beet had been stored on and then went back with drill ,hopefully it will grow and catch up to rest of field . It was a bit wet down bottom end where all water had run too down the tracks that the mause had made but i got though it just 

20230119_082319.jpg

20230119_082335.jpg

20230119_082718.jpg

20230119_092914.jpg

20230119_092933.jpg

20230119_094357.jpg

• Like 5

One of the cab shock-absorber's on Puma been weeping so took both off to replace ,got 2 bits of wood in and knocked a metal wedge in to lift cab and get weight of shocks to get bolts out ,to fit new ones i had to get a bit of box metal and slide in box at bottom of cab and get a hydraulic jack with a long bit of wood on top to push cab up a bit higher . The 2 spanners with old shock is what mechanic at Does has lent me as there is 4 settings on shocks and need them to turn onto setting that you need    

20230123_144143.jpg

20230123_144223.jpg

20230123_144238.jpg

• Like 3

Came home a little while ago ,its a lovely sunny day here but bitterly cold in the strong wind so indoors trying to warm up , got to nip around my mates this afternoon as he has a battery  Husqvarna chainsaw on demo and he would like me to go and try it out that will get me warm  

• Like 1

planned a day in the shed, managed an 1 and a half hours, step daughter slipped on the stairs this morn, had to drive her to A&E which was quiet ,but she has managed to break her big toe in 3 places ,so has to be pinned, also dislocated the joint ,heard her scream when that got put in place 🫣 despite having anaesthetic first, shes also broken two small bones near by in the foot, so shes now in a weird support boot, and cant drive for 6 weeks odd, and maybe more if the op to pin it is required quickly, as the breaks in the toe are pretty bad and it wouldn't all sit right when they tried to reshape it once it was relocated properly , seems the next few weeks are gonna be busy running kids to all sorts. for me and the wife.

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

planned a day in the shed, managed an 1 and a half hours, step daughter slipped on the stairs this morn, had to drive her to A&E which was quiet ,but she has managed to break her big toe in 3 places ,so has to be pinned, also dislocated the joint ,heard her scream when that got put in place 🫣 despite having anaesthetic first, shes also broken two small bones near by in the foot, so shes now in a weird support boot, and cant drive for 6 weeks odd, and maybe more if the op to pin it is required quickly, as the breaks in the toe are pretty bad and it wouldn't all sit right when they tried to reshape it once it was relocated properly , seems the next few weeks are gonna be busy running kids to all sorts. for me and the wife.

You dare to make plans!  Back to taxi services - know the feeling!

• Like 1

Just now, AndyB said:

You dare to make plans!  Back to taxi services - know the feeling!

i know, have just found out now that she wants me to pick up her new car at the start of march, she doesnt want her dad doing it, as he called the saleman something ? she wont say what mind on one of the test drives, hence why the wife went on no2 ,i was at work , nice brand new merc  cla coupe amg night edition, oh dear what a shame 😀😀😀😀 question is do i get hers first or mine just to wind her her 😀😀😀😀

1 hour ago, fordmajor said:

Looks like an old gun?

Yes I think it’s quite old, it’s one of my dads. He was using a 12 bore browning that he’s had about 40 years. Shot more than I did😂il find out the age for you tomorrow 

2 hours ago, trigger82 said:

We used to do 1 and half acs off potatoes years ago we had 2 row digger  still hard on back 

we used to do about the same ,we had a gang of women come just after 9am as they had dropped children off at school and would work till about 2-30 so they could pick children up again ,they was the good old days  

• Like 1

been sat in our training centre in exeter all day today, to be told its not health and safety any more, its safety and health , because some external company did an audit on us(unknown by the company) and approached and recommended that we were very poor at it???? company bought in to it(suspect one of our board owns or is on that lots board) and we now have to do this every six months apparently ,they say we shouldn't be working when the nhs strikes are on, just in case we have an accident and need help , basically its now anyway to not do the job ,even to the red book, which is the highways bible, as its all wrong, despite that being used by every other utility company, be an interesting few months as the newbie young cant live without social media engineers get going, they are bad enough already without this to aid their bone idleness .

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1