What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

11 hours ago, phil phoenix said:

Well done Smithy, the young lady will love them on her MXM120😎

P1000477.JPG

Here are the rear wheels Phil ,got last coat on them last night ,just got to leave them now to harden off ,these wheels are off the MXU135  ,i will sort Jasmines wheels out on the MXM120 in the winter months just dont have time at the moment 

20230727_184225.jpg

20230727_184251.jpg

• Like 6

On 7/25/2023 at 10:15 PM, smithy said:

Not best of photos Paul as it was in shed ,will get some next time its out ,he got the hedgecutter on as he can nip around getting the grass on headlands as and when that way he dont have to keep putting his main hedgecutter on till later in the year 

20230725_173854.jpg

20230725_173923.jpg

20230725_173938.jpg

20230725_174031.jpg

Cheers Smithy, be a handy thing and low running costs 👍

• Like 1

@Jack390 that will all compost up nicely 😁

Today I was actually at home for more than enough time to sleep, so took the new 785 on a shake down round the top paddocks. Problems that immediately need looking at are the wheel hub that's falling off, probably collapsed bearings, the oil being sprayed under the tinwork and the issues with gear selection. The latter of which I have partially solved by removing this (pictured) from the linkages, and can find first gear again. If anyone knows how to realign the linkages so I can move from low to high, I'd appreciate the help, high seems to have slipped forward from the neutral position.

IMG_20230729_173639009.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SirTainly said:

Today I was actually at home for more than enough time to sleep, so took the new 785 on a shake down round the top paddocks. Problems that immediately need looking at are the wheel hub that's falling off, probably collapsed bearings, the oil being sprayed under the tinwork and the issues with gear selection. The latter of which I have partially solved by removing this (pictured) from the linkages, and can find first gear again. If anyone knows how to realign the linkages so I can move from low to high, I'd appreciate the help, high seems to have slipped forward from the neutral position.

Regarding your gears , if there is a lot a ware in linkages they can get out of line ,mine used to if i tried to move them to quick , you got to get a prybar in there and gently force it back ,well thats what i had to do a few times 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, smithy said:

Regarding your gears , if there is a lot a ware in linkages they can get out of line ,mine used to if i tried to move them to quick , you got to get a prybar in there and gently force it back ,well thats what i had to do a few times 

Thanks, will give that a try tomorrow.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SirTainly said:

As Smithy has said Simon, you’ll need to get underneath her with a bar to realign them. We used to have a 685XL and it never once gave any problems in that area, but we had a 785 with the L cab, which had a slightly different linkage arrangement and it was terrible for it, we always carried a bar in the cab! The problem came when going from reverse into high, if you tried to hurry it it jammed between low and high, basically trying to select both ranges at once. We were that used to it that you could jump out, get in behind the cab with the bar and give the selector a tap to free it in seconds! Funnily enough, our 475 occasionally does it, but I put that down to very worn linkage and being in too much of a hurry 🤣

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 844john said:

As Smithy has said Simon, you’ll need to get underneath her with a bar to realign them. We used to have a 685XL and it never once gave any problems in that area, but we had a 785 with the L cab, which had a slightly different linkage arrangement and it was terrible for it, we always carried a bar in the cab! The problem came when going from reverse into high, if you tried to hurry it it jammed between low and high, basically trying to select both ranges at once. We were that used to it that you could jump out, get in behind the cab with the bar and give the selector a tap to free it in seconds! Funnily enough, our 475 occasionally does it, but I put that down to very worn linkage and being in too much of a hurry 🤣

Thanks John, I'll go and locate my bar and give it a poke, and see what happens. I have a feeling this was working when I test drove the tractor, so possibly I messed it up yesterday. If I did, the I should be able to get it fixed ☺️

• Like 1

Further question for the hive mind, looking at the wheel bearing kits, there seem to be heavy, standard and light duty hubs, looking at the various suppliers, how do you know which ones you have?

It’s a very common issue once they’ve a bit of wear on the linkage Simon. It was always reckoned to be mainly an issue on the XL cabs and not a problem on the L’s but as I say we found it the other way around. You’ll soon learn where to tap it to get it back in line😉

Further question for the hive mind, looking at the wheel bearing kits, there seem to be heavy, standard and light duty hubs, looking at the various suppliers, how do you know which ones you have?

I did not now there was a choice ,i used to go to main dealer and just say front wheel bearing for 785xl and they just gave my a kit of inner and outer bearings and a dust seal ,

Right, been out with the bar, and managed to get into high, but then once out, it falls forward again, even with nothing running. I'm thinking things are rather worn, and maybe I need to tweak the linkage. You can see the high socket isn't aligned with low when in neutral.IMG_20230730_105354264.thumb.jpg.74f2d111865ee2b3d60c1ba834fa81ba.jpg

Edited by SirTainly
  • Sad 1

I finnished the field of barley this morning ,did not test it just cut it ,been baling since lunchtime ,had some help stacking bales but we cleared 550 ,last few in rain about 4pm but will be ok ,unload them ones tomorrow if its dry ,rain quite hard here now ,will lock up i think and head off home 

• Like 4