What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

7 hours ago, Pete132 said:

I have a set of bf Goodrich mud terrains on the 110 and they are a great tyre. Some people said they are very noisy on the road but I have no problem with them. 
mighty tyre on the land too!

I find they have good road manners Pete, don't seem noisy or skittish on wet tarmac, this wil be my third set of BF Goodrich mud Terrains over a couple of defenders and I had a set of all terrain on a Freelander which wore well, but saying that I used to be a staunch supporter or Pirelli scorpion mud terrain tyres, ran then for years on my first couple of 90s and wore every bit as well as a BF, but then couldn't get any so switched and don't think I'd buy any other brand of tyre now

• Like 3

Just can't get on with farm work as so wet , wattisham has been the wetest place around here,on 25 October we had had 334% more rain than we normally get in October,BBC has weather station based at wattisham airfield, we are nicknamed now as wettisham.anyway picked these two up from my mates woodyard other day ,got to find a buyer for them 

IMG_20231031_164533499.jpg

IMG_20231031_164559290.jpg

IMG_20231031_164624873.jpg

• Like 8

6 hours ago, justy 46 said:

That 784 looks in good condition. Very original too.. What model is the yellow DB Smythy?? 

Yellow DB is a 3 cylinder 1190 , first registered 07-10-1982 to local authority , transport manager , London borough of Haringey , park view road, London N17 9AY 

• Like 2

On 11/13/2023 at 5:59 PM, smithy said:

Yellow DB is a 3 cylinder 1190 , first registered 07-10-1982 to local authority , transport manager , London borough of Haringey , park view road, London N17 9AY 

What is the gearshift arrangement on the 784 with the Sekura cab?

H pattern to the left of drivers seat?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SPN said:

The 84 series had the “lightening shift” pattern Stan the same as the 74 series, the H pattern came in with the 85 series. We used to have a Sekura cabbed 784 but with the Kimco 4wd front axle

• Like 3

4 hours ago, SPN said:

I think John has answered your question about gearshift ,i have not looked in cab as my cousin drove it onto my lowloader and i then brought it home it is still at mine on lowloader as he cant get to his shed as got sugar beet in the way i will have a look tomorrow and just see what it has got 

On 11/16/2023 at 1:57 PM, SPN said:

This is gearshift pattern on left side of drivers seat and other levers on right hand side of seat ,cab not as good on inside as it is on outside 

IMG_20231117_154200605.jpg

IMG_20231117_154224805_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SPN said:

Thanks Smithy. I've never seen a 784 with that cab, so always wondered about the gear shift.

Am I correct that the 784 had synchromesh gears?

not sure on synchromesh gears , my cousin should be coming up tomorrow to get it ,i will ask him as i have not driven it 

2 hours ago, SPN said:

Thanks Smithy. I've never seen a 784 with that cab, so always wondered about the gear shift.

Am I correct that the 784 had synchromesh gears?

They did Stan, synchromesh was introduced from the 74 series onwards  on the 1 -4 gears, on the continental 56 series such as the 8/9/1056 and 844 the high/low/reverse was also synchromesh, making them quite advanced for their time. Sorry to butt Smithy, but I grew up with these tractors and we still have some now, so I’m quite familiar with them😉

• Like 4

9 hours ago, 844john said:

They did Stan, synchromesh was introduced from the 74 series onwards  on the 1 -4 gears, on the continental 56 series such as the 8/9/1056 and 844 the high/low/reverse was also synchromesh, making them quite advanced for their time. Sorry to butt Smithy, but I grew up with these tractors and we still have some now, so I’m quite familiar with them😉

No problem John ,thats what the forum is for getting answers to questions . I have driven a few over the years but can never remember the finer points  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, smithy said:

No problem John ,thats what the forum is for getting answers to questions . I have driven a few over the years but can never remember the finer points  

Thanks Smithy, I don’t know much, but what little I do know tends to be about Internationals 🤣

• Like 1

Can't believe it's 12 months yesterday since me and Gemma got engaged, so as a bit of an anniversary weekend we came back down to Llandudno where the question was asked upon bended knee .... Anyhows we decided as a bit of summat different to mark the occasion whilst we were here we chose to go Axe throwing.... Gemma soon got the hang of it 🙂..... Dropped in via Chatsworth house Christmas market on way down, that was a nice spot, with what looked a tidy 2850 Deere parked in a compound with a merlo at the bottom end of the carpark......

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Smithy is that the same 465 that you did a bit of work on a couple of years ago??

Yes did some work on this one and the other one that he sold , other one did not have bar back axle it come up nearer you ,Barnared castle,? Don't think I spelt that right 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, smithy said:

Yes did some work on this one and the other one that he sold , other one did not have bar back axle it come up nearer you ,Barnared castle,? Don't think I spelt that right 

Barnard castle Smithy, aye I remember now.. 👍 a lot of folk think the bar axles stopped with the universal but you could order a tractor on slidey hubs right up to the Marshall era as they listed in the parts books until then.... Then you get folk thinking a later tractor on slidey hubs is a bitsa but actually there are a couple of 272 synchro from the late 70s knocking about as factory builds that way

• Like 1

It's been a while, but we've had illness, issues with getting parts for the bushing press and lots of real life intrusions, including a leaking house roof. I've finally hammered these in, the press only was useful for finishing the bottom bush. Getting a longer t10 rod to make it fit was a challenge. Wish I'd never heard of a trapezoidal thread!

IMG_20231120_125729056.jpg

• Like 1