What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

I had the Cars DVD for Christmas! Love the tractors and Frank. I think the crowds made up of cars at the races are brilliant to. Great animation.

:D :D :D :D I've seen it too! That tractor tipping bit is pretty well thought up! It's quite good for a PG  :-\ :-[;)

0400 left for High Wycombe with 6T of blended meal & 12T rumigan (organic grade)dairy cake , then back to Calne for 1300 reloaded with 4T beef starter pellets & 12T dairy ckae , delivered , back to mill 1700 reloaded for driver tomorow 10T beef nuts  1745 came home

8am - Feed & Bed Bullocks, feed calves and lambs

Followed by delivering a bale to a neighbouring farm which was made particulary uneasy due to steep hills and lots of water, came back, cleaned out a shed and filled the spreader to make way for the lamb sorting, (couldn't spread dung as it's been raining all day) sorted out lambs for tomorrows market, 10 ram lambs, 50 ewe lambs and 6 Ewes, done the evening bedding up and feeding, spent an hour in the pitch dark up on top of the silage pit, throwing tyres about in the strong wind getting covered in tyre water with driving rain to pull back the sheet so I could get in there with the sheargrab, then I took the Massey and delivered bales and cakes of hay & straw around the farm, and after a very long shift, I'm finally home!!

Same tomorrow  ;)

post-201-132638555607_thumb.jpg

post-201-132638555612_thumb.jpg

0400 left for High Wycombe with 6T of blended meal & 12T rumigan (organic grade)dairy cake , then back to Calne for 1300 reloaded with 4T beef starter pellets & 12T dairy ckae , delivered , back to mill 1700 reloaded for driver tomorow 10T beef nuts  1745 came home

I'd love to see your tacho for today. I bet thats interesting reading!! Do you work under the working time directive or are you exempt as you carry cattle feed. We are restricted to an average of 48 hours per week calculated over a 26 week period. My average was 46.55 for the last six months of last year. Just as well the last seven days of holiday time don't count as working hours otherwise I would have had to do some very short days to compensate. B----y European laws. We still have to abide by the European drivers hours regulations too ???::)

been for a ride out with my mate to get a "new" loading shovel, we did a two hour journey to get there in the volvo artic, we took a 40 year old wetherhill loader as part exchage (still a runner)and were to pick up a newer replacement, a volvo we were told, a beast came flying through the yard and onto the lowloader, it was a volvo 4600b (19 years old) when we got back to the yard it was placed on the weigh bridge, 22 1/2 tons net, filled the bucket with crushed rubble and found the beast would carrie 6 ton per bucket load, not a bad replacement!

will speed up leading from the crusher and stock pileing and much better loading muckspreaders, not bad for a "when needed" spare farm loader

then tonight "the deere hunter" came round for a chat and to see my models ;)

Emptying a muckin gret ses pit. I've took 3 loads out with a Marshall 1750 vac tank and I still can't see the bottom :o :o Nice paying job though ;D ;D

Is that the bottom of the cesspit or the bottom that filled the cesspit?  :D :D :D

Took the BEETie mobile over to the neighbour's lawn for a bit of havoc in the 17oC weather today, will post a picture of the donuts and burnouts I made tommorow.  :D :D :D