What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Well yesterday I was at the local ploughing match in the freeeeeezzzin cold but it was worth seeing one of the local characters at "work" - for that alone it was worth paying the ?5 to go in. He used to stop every foot and he nearly managed to lamp the only telephone post in the field  :D. When he had the middle up he was down on his hands and knees trying to put shape on it  :D. Some nice gear there - including a nice E27N with cab and linkage  :o also a Deutz like in Classic Tractor this month and an immaculate IH 784 complete with Dowdeswell DP8 belonging to Ian Wilson from Wales  ;D

Got stuck on a hill with our six wheeler tanker. Went to pull away, having two bites at the clutch and ---BANG--- !!!!!! got showered with bits of clutter from the rooftop storage spaces, the first aid kit leapt off the dash complete with mounting screws and then no drive at all. "kin front propshaft U/J had snapped. :o :o :'(

The only good thing about it being that I was recovered by Mick Gould commercials from Flimwell with a monster of a Peterbuilt recovery truck. 40' long, three axles at the back, 100 ton underlift, 625 horsepower Cummins engine, red metalflake paint, chrome and lights everywhere, twin chrome exhausts and a "Jake Brake" on the engine which scared the crap out of a woman in Rotherfield.  ::) You should have seen the motorists faces when confronted by this vee--hicle (Swhat the Americans say). One woman scraped her Chelsea tractor along a wall three times before she finally got out of our way. Bet she was chuffed to bits!!  :-[:-[

Mick Gould comes from a farming background, his dad still has a farm at Wadhurst so we had plenty to talk about on the way home. He also was tractor mad as a kid and had Britains toys. He vaguely remembered me from the days in the late seventies when I used to deliver machinery to his fathers farm, so the day wasn't totally bad after all.  :)

i know mick gould

wher you from britainswomble

pm if you want

good day then

Nothing to hide so here goes. I'm from Uckfield. used to work for a firm Called Sussex Tractors Ltd, I now work for United Petroleum. I knew of Mick when he had his workshop on his dads farm many years ago. Didn't know him personally though. Spect your mate from Locks has been dragged in by him too. I'm still waiting for a Lock's. driver to introduce himself to me. Spect I'll bump into him one day.

Spose you know the recovery truck I was talking about. Apparently he's waiting for a new one to come over from America shortly. Whats your story?

spent the day going round the building site recovering all the materials and fencing that had been tossed about all over the place on saturday morning, SERIOUSLY WINDY everyone on saturday morning sent home on safety grounds, scary!!!!!!!!!!!

Took my Geometry exam today, not as bad as I thought it would be.  :)

Well done Tim... I bet you've passed it fair and SQUARE  ;D

As for me... I ain;t done nuffin today to be honest... got a HUGE dose of "can't be assed disease" at the moment.. mus be the weather...

Tomorrow though... off for a day out with wing commander Ben Holmes... to the Toy Fair in Londinium  ;D

Same as Steve ... Other than that packing most of my diorama away making space for the new shed. I had to bubble wrap all of my Schleich animals because they scratch so easily and the ears on the cows just snap off. So that took a while and then lounging around in my pyjamas trying to think of ways of making money  ;)

spent most of today driving our JCB Farm Master 416s loading 3 of our spreaders up, think we done nearly 500 tons today. Spent a couple of hours this afternoon on a spreader just to make a change :) :) :) :)

Catching up on "fings" in the office... and generally doing nothing else really  :-[

Pretty much the same here this afternoon, feet up on the radiator watching whats going off in the yard via CCTV.  ::);D

Pretty much the same here this afternoon, feet up on the radiator watching whats going off in the yard via CCTV.  ::);D

lazy northerner.....opps is that racist ::) ::)

now prepared for a survey 30 miles from the office with no hope of me returning after :D :D :D :D

Was down to the shirt - soon work up a sweat knocking posts in etc. It was post, net and barb. Should get this bit done tomorrow.  ;)

Aye right enough mate I know what you mean......I remember fencing last Summer......I was shattered with the heat, between the heat of the day and the heat of the job...... :o :o ;)