What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Day off today, so first on my list of tasks was to recover from the night before. Now that I almost have i've been clearing out my car of all the empty lucozade/pop bottles i've managed to collect in the footwells over the past month before taking Mum to the hair dressers. Also been working on a couple of written projects, listening to loads of music and having a decent catch up on here. :)

Fetching wood in for the fires today.... dropped some nice Ash poles at the Lynch which can go straight on the burner, then up to Marlbrook to bring out some Alder dropped by the line clearance gang last summer... get it all cut and split tomorrow... hell of a pile to go at in the morning! Now 'relaxing' on the sofa in front of the fire with George, who seems to be recovering well from his chicken pox, hence 'relaxing' only of sorts.... back to his boisterous self... ::)  :laugh:

last of the walls painted in the spare room, just the gloss to do now and the 1 wall of paper, then carpet down

also got a good bit of the new build done in the tip part, had to go 3 stage rams for the tip as it would not go far enough over, proper one only has a single stage ram, but it all works now, very well infact

Had a very busy day at work with a Point to Point meeting being held at Duncombe Park and The Riponian Rally also on bringing in plenty of people, I did at least manage to see some of the very tidy cars entered on the event passing through Helmsley on my break, looking forward to a nice bit of roast pork that's on the way. [img alt=:)]http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/Smileys/default/smiley.gif 

Had one of those days today where nothing goes to plan, original being to muck out the cow sheds after feeding.....no such luck. Had our first three calves of the year over the weekend out of our heifers so they needed tagging and ringing, not too bad however calf number 4 was born last night and the cow managed to push it out of the shed beneath the door into the frost and snow so it hadn't had any milk and was frozen when we found it at 7am. Cow showed no interest in it si we had to get it into intensive care under the heat lamp and feed it with a stomach tube. Sadly our efforts didn't save it, it lasted till mid morning :(  To top it off the cow has mastitis so thats going as well now. Other than that its been a cae of feeding and chasing about after silage, straw and parts

Spent most of today up at Birtley with my boss at the Co-operative's main Northern depot in County Durham, (very impressive place) for an "Intensive Leakage" work shop and seminar. Proved to be a very useful and eye opening experience, plenty of ideas to take back into store and roll out to staff. Relaxing this evening with a few tins of Boddingtons and catching up on here.

I know I have only worked half a day today, finnished at 1, but today has been the first day everything has gone smoothly and right since starting back in the new year, we finally seem to have caught up with the backlog of plant and vans. ;D ;D  I can sympathise with you David.

Had one of those days at work which started great before going dramatically down hill thereafter, one frustrating mistake after another. Glad i'm on a weeks holiday now, many tractor related excursions planned. :)