What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Taking dads fordson standard n and a bulk bag of rock salt upto my grandad in Keith, just past huntly, on the back of the daf, then home, then she wants to go out for a meal, then packing for this monster stag in Poland

Taking dads fordson standard n and a bulk bag of rock salt upto my grandad in Keith, just past huntly, on the back of the daf, then home, then she wants to go out for a meal, then packing for this monster stag in Poland

Pictures of the Fordson N (Blue, orange or green  ;D  ;D) pleas Harry...hope there isnt too much snow in the Glens.

Edited by BC

what variety of wood is the best for firewood, I've got a job coming up which involves cutting Down 90-100 spruce, i was thinking about cutting, chopping and the selling it on as firewood, I've had a few people In asking me to keep behind any logs or fence posts I come across, would spruce be any use?

Not the best but a shame to waste it, just get it dry.

We get through 1500t at work of mainly beech as it is a hardwood, burns at a good rate and seasons relatively quickly. Ash we also like as it burns very hot but too quickly so you don't want much of it, anything that isn't straight enough to go through the kindling machine we throw in the log shed and it gets mixed in. We also use poplar for kindling but not for logs, its like balsa! Finally oak, burns hot and slow but takes a good two years to season so we dont get a lot of it if we can help it. Everything is bought in by the artic.load through FSC managed woodlands and plantations. Oh and 'a load' is half a Nissan Cabstar, about 1.3cube.

went to the local farmers market this morn, 6 packs of pork and marmite sausages, 2 of the chipolaters, 4 packs of bacon, and a lovley bit of fresh topside of beef, ready for xmas, nice bit of organic devon red ruby, butchered on thursday and fine to leave out till xmas while it matures ,mmmmmm, followed by breakfast in the bar round the corner, some of the same farms bacon, sausage and fried egg in a muffin with a pot of tea , overlooking the tamar and the sun came out briefly

now home and looking at the layout ready to do the new house some more

Pictures of the Fordson N (Blue, orange or green  ;D  ;D) pleas Harry...hope there isnt too much snow in the Glens.

When he first bought it it was green, then gave it a full respray

7fd8f0c4b4e88b568db579e408aff757.jpg

Photo was taken at the Fife Show in 2011

Not the best but a shame to waste it, just get it dry.

We get through 1500t at work of mainly beech as it is a hardwood, burns at a good rate and seasons relatively quickly. Ash we also like as it burns very hot but too quickly so you don't want much of it, anything that isn't straight enough to go through the kindling machine we throw in the log shed and it gets mixed in. We also use poplar for kindling but not for logs, its like balsa! Finally oak, burns hot and slow but takes a good two years to season so we dont get a lot of it if we can help it. Everything is bought in by the artic.load through FSC managed woodlands and plantations. Oh and 'a load' is half a Nissan Cabstar, about 1.3cube.

I've got a Nissan cabstar on a 05 plate with a tip master tipper fitted, seems to struggle with 2 tons of hardcore on it, was almost a rite off last winter, shame it wasn't, about time I get a new one

Ours are both 05's too and both with Tipmasters, they go like stink but it is a hard life for them. A full truck is around 2.6cube, we don't go by wieght as it would change with each type of wood, time of year/seasoning etc. Doing it by volume ensures the customer gets the same amount of wood, regardless.

Oh and we went to Bath Christmas Market today as well as some of the bigger retail outlets at Bridlington. Got nearly all of my shopping done for Christmas including a jacket for Mum and one for my brother, Sylvanian Familes stuff for neices up there. Cider brandy for my Dad and one for us, Elderflower wine for the inlaws, Somerset cheeses to go with a cheese board and wine for my sister, a pretty diary for Nan... Then a scrummy Bratwurst to stop the rumbling tum and four plain chocolate oranges as they seem to be few and far between this year and they were half price :)

I have to figure out what's wrong with the power steering on herself's Ford Focus Estate and get it back on the road, then I have to get the Lab to the vet for a checkup on its ear, then back into the workshop to work on my Christmas project.

• Like 1

I have to figure out what's wrong with the power steering on herself's Ford Focus Estate and get it back on the road, then I have to get the Lab to the vet for a checkup on its ear, then back into the workshop to work on my Christmas project.

Oh a Christmas project tell us more SPN

hope you kept to the limit especially after realising that :laugh:  :laugh: :laugh:  

I got stuck behind a queue of traffic all following a lorry doing bang on 40mph as it is legally obliged to do so on the A4 between Marlborough and Hungerford. I have never been so infuriated in my life!! Ridiculous rule. . .. hence why I was pinged at 48mph on the A420 on a very similar bit of road!!

• Like 1

Man with a van, Mark. Course was a bloody good morning spent mind. It should all be part of a compulsory training programme. Daft to teach people only if they do something wrong if you ask me.

Now sat at Ipswich Docks, got here bang on the Dockers lunch break after hitting awful traffic on the M4, M25 twice and the A12. I was stationary on the M25 for a whole hour! Got to get tipped here and get to Cheffins and tip and reload yet :(

Helped clear out the old bathroom and load it on the pickup; took several water meter readings for 7 Trent (first one didn't make sense, turned out to be upside-down. Doh); felled a small 5-metre cupressus for a neighbour.