What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Been setting up a few deals at bauma the last couple of days, made a couple of new contacts for future purchases, been a rather expensive couple of days, as, I missed my flight on Sunday, and my managers seems to want more or less every single optional extra in the new machines. Place is massive, easily get lost, shame about the weather, it's been rather rainy.

Took Sharon into Manchester to see Cats and then an Italian meal, great till we got ripped off by a taxi driver on the way home, tried to tell me he was going the quick way..........er no........I wasn't a copper round here for 30 years to know which is the quick way and which is the long way round, I think I may be making a call to the taxi liaison officer tomorrow who, strangely enough I know quite well, after all, he was my traffic Sergeant for several years until he moved on. Goodbye taxi licence!

• Like 2

More pics, I'm planing on rebuilding the front loader as the buckets sits to far off the ground, it used to do this with the small wheels on it as well, need to get decals made, cabs getting sprayed black, and hopefully get a new front axel for it as the one that's on it has been damaged in a moment of rage

post-3139-0-58366600-1366535533_thumb.jp

post-3139-0-29688100-1366535765_thumb.jp

Edited by HS.
  • Like 1

Took a bale of silage down to my right hand man the guy with the MF362 took  the MF3085 and went a we run around the road on her to heat the old girl back home washed her off then got washed myself as were heading out  to lunch then onto a hotel as there having a band day and theres a few bands we want to hear for our wedding :D

Chewing dust and sniffing poo..............

P1290844-Copy_zpsf1a32ee5.jpg

Thank you to forum member "jd6910" ( Patrick ) for a fantastic afternoon's "tractor twitching"......Just the small matter of sorting through the near 900 photographs i've taken in the past two days now. :)

• Like 2

hope you were using a zoom lens :-

Chewing dust and sniffing poo..............

P1290844-Copy_zpsf1a32ee5.jpg

Thank you to forum member "jd6910" ( Patrick ) for a fantastic afternoon's "tractor twitching"......Just the small matter of sorting through the near 900 photographs i've taken in the past two days now. :)

• Like 1

hope you were using a zoom lens :-

I was indeed David. My bridge camera comes with an 18x optical zoom lens, more than enough to gain a close up shot of the tanker's splash plate. Given the slow speed at which the tanker was moving across the field whilst in operation means you have plenty of time to position yourself. It also allows you to get closer than you think with out the risk of an unwanted shower. I had a fantastic afternoon capturing the action. :)     

• Like 2

Been operating the new doosan dx420, its quite a beast, tilting cab, extending undercarriage, a digging arm and a 3 piece 13m demolition boom, there's not been a permanent operator appointed yet, but I've had my liebherr taken off of me, so I'm currently excavatorless, so I can only hope I get away from my desk and get some hours put on the clock :)

More pics, I'm planing on rebuilding the front loader as the buckets sits to far off the ground, it used to do this with the small wheels on it as well, need to get decals made, cabs getting sprayed black, and hopefully get a new front axel for it as the one that's on it has been damaged in a moment of rage

Come, Harry! Pics of the models you're making a nice job of building but none of all this fancy kit you speak of or projects you're in charge of.... Anyone could be mistaken you're just a bricky!!

After a couple of days running around locally in the rigid (with no radio :( ), I'm away to Henley on Thames in the lowloader today with a refurbished 290 to be able to unload the NH940 conventional baler I am to deliver there. On up to Clanfield, Oxon afterwards to collect three tractors. Radio on! :)

• Like 3

Come, Harry! Pics of the models you're making a nice job of building but none of all this fancy kit you speak of or projects you're in charge of.... Anyone could be mistaken you're just a bricky!!

After a couple of days running around locally in the rigid (with no radio :( ), I'm away to Henley on Thames in the lowloader today with a refurbished 290 to be able to unload the NH940 conventional baler I am to deliver there. On up to Clanfield, Oxon afterwards to collect three tractors. Radio on! :)

I'm hopeing to start a topic or blog type thing where I will be posting photos of the machines and jobs I'm working on, once intake ownership of the company in about 10 days time.

Well today I've been out and about in the doosan (no photos yet) its the demolition of a multi storey derelect office block, takes two artics to transport the machine, 1 with the digger and another with its arm, unable to start taking Down the building with the digger just now as its 10 floors to high at the moment so its being knocked down by hand until we're able to use the machines, so I'm on crushing duties just now, brilliant machine as its technically two diggers in one, love it