What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Sounds a better idea than chains everywhere. You need something reliable if you are baking thousands each year, our 378 is well past it's prime but we only do 500-1000 mainly for lambing time as they are easier to handle around the pens. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, smithy said:

Knotters are the same plunger is similar but stronger and instead of chains and belts there is more gears on the drives yes the feeder is different but that is still driven by chains  

Good to see those balers Smithy,  hope you are keeping well - must have a catch up!

Suppose it depends what you can get for the two older balers, but personally I would be keeping both of them (but don't tell Julie I said that)

mostly doing conference calls most of today, going to be worse next week as i am covering my boss for two weeks. i hate mondays as i have to do about 7 different calls for each job, worse when i cover both at the same time, on the bright side,i think:rolleyes:, the van came back today, apparently it was a loose mounting on the gear selector that was blocking the 5/th gears, hence no noise etc, have to say the whole gear box selection does feel a lot better , softer but more precise , clearly an issue with fiats production line to miss that  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mb86 said:

Sounds a better idea than chains everywhere. You need something reliable if you are baking thousands each year, our 378 is well past it's prime but we only do 500-1000 mainly for lambing time as they are easier to handle around the pens. 

My mate has a 575 he said that his had been reliable over the 4 years that he has had it allow he did have a problem with one of the knotters last week which like me he picked up a bit off wet hay from under a hedge and put the timing out a bit for tying a knot and me and my mate both watched the engineer fix it so we could maybe fix it are self's if it happened again . I do 4000 hay bales and 1000+ wheat straw and I do need something that's reliable as customers get funny if you spend half a day with a breakdown and then it rains again and you are now back to square one .my 945 needs some parts , some you can get and other like the plunger guide rails you need to get specially made as no longer availably ,we estimate that we could spend £3000 on it and it would be worth £2500 when finished so its not about now many bales I do its having a reliable machine that will do the job and about 20 years newer        

• Like 2

8 hours ago, JEP said:

Good to see those balers Smithy,  hope you are keeping well - must have a catch up!

Suppose it depends what you can get for the two older balers, but personally I would be keeping both of them (but don't tell Julie I said that)

Thanks John , yes I am well just been really busy last couple of months will tell you all about it in are next catch up , yes I would like to keep both of my balers but I need one that I can go to the field once and get job done and not have to go back the next day as its wasting my time not made my mind up at this moment but have had two reasonably offers for the 377+945 and I can get the 575 for a sensible price so it will probably happen and no I wont tell Julie.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

how far off is your wheat and barley then smithy ?? seen a good few firled cut down this way now, most seemingly at the weekend , 

I have done my winter barley about 10 days ago that was also down on yield/quality , should have some leave the farm this week so will now the results when it gets to the merchant , I don't have any spring barley but some has been cut around me as for my wheat it is only 2/3 sunny days away from being cut but as we have had 10mm of rain today it has put it back  

Been growing some chillies for the last few months and finally decided to try one today  waaa  hot.....hot.....hot....my mouth is burning, my nose is tingling and I cannot get rid of it.

You would think that as I got older I would get a little wiser, failed miserably

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MadMark said:

Sent time with my girlfriend today before she went to work. She had cancer about 3 years ago and it looks like it might have come back so worrying times at the moment till the test results come back.

Sorry to here that Mark but im sure every thing will turn out ok for you and your girlfriend

3 hours ago, robbo said:

Been growing some chillies for the last few months and finally decided to try one today  waaa  hot.....hot.....hot....my mouth is burning, my nose is tingling and I cannot get rid of it.

You would think that as I got older I would get a little wiser, failed miserably

If you did eat/swallow some be ready tomorrow when it has passed though haha

• Like 2