What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

been emptying out the 3 cupboards under the stairs today , just got the washing machine to go, in readyness for a new water main going in on wed/thurs. seems ours has sprung a leak,meaning we are using a 6 bedroom houses worth of water a month, , they thought it was under the willow tree out front, but it turns out its under the house?? only way in now is to thrust bore a new one from the water meter  to the corner of the house, pop up and go through the wall into the cupboards, means moving the stop cock ,and sealing the old one off, amd altering the pips to match .so also need to pull the dish washer out and remove a small kitchem cupboard on wed as well.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

been emptying out the 3 cupboards under the stairs today , just got the washing machine to go, in readyness for a new water main going in on wed/thurs. seems ours has sprung a leak,meaning we are using a 6 bedroom houses worth of water a month, , they thought it was under the willow tree out front, but it turns out its under the house?? only way in now is to thrust bore a new one from the water meter  to the corner of the house, pop up and go through the wall into the cupboards, means moving the stop cock ,and sealing the old one off, amd altering the pips to match .so also need to pull the dish washer out and remove a small kitchem cupboard on wed as well.

What on earth do you do to your house Sean?

You have more DIY and building work on the go than the entire Devon Council maintenance department

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, robbo said:

What on earth do you do to your house Sean?

You have more DIY and building work on the go than the entire Devon Council maintenance department

He broke his van now he is trying to do the same to his house :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Nothing to do with me this time honest , apprently its over 40 years old and a type of black plastic thats prone to fracturing, I know our neighbours have all had issues with it just going in the past , everyones stop cock is in the front of the house bar ours which for some  reason goes under the house to the back, always has done , they tried to push a new pipe inside the old one , but suspect at some point its been moved ,as it wouldnt go,  certainly not been movrd  by us since since  have lived there. Just a shame as we did ponder moving it or at least letting a new bit out under the floor of the extension  , but decided to leave it at the time due to all the other work i had to doc

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, trigger82 said:

Yes it's very good and yes cabs needs bit work but still all in all clean 

They always get condemned as a bad gearbox but i loved them, granted the change from 2nd to 3rd was a bit of a drawn out affair, but you soon got used to it! I learned to cut grass on a 4610 exactly like that, over 30 years ago now:o and always loved that tractor, it even swayed me ( temporarily) from nashes for a while, but then i saw sense again!;)

• Like 5

Sunday night when it had cooled down I took my mini digger to my mates across the road from mine to level out 20 tons of granite chippings on his drive filled wheel barrows with ditching bucket as you cant shovel it by hand as heap is to tight the young lad on barrow did well as he is only 13 his dad was on the rake levelling the small heaps out   

20180527_180504.jpg

20180527_180509.jpg

20180527_180535.jpg

20180527_180552.jpg

• Like 3

Iwent to a sale on Saturday morning as I was told that there was a flat 8 grab and a grain bucket in the sale both with JCB fittings on for my teleporter , when I got there the grab was for big hesston bales so I bought this farmhand one instead and will weld on JCB brackets myself as for the grain bucket it was made in 2008 and was in real good condition and would have gone strait on my 530/70 JCB but I pulled out of the biding and let the other two fight over it as what it finished at for £200 more I can buy a brand new one did not get a picture of bucket as everybody and there mates was at sale and at least 3 people was standing in the bucket for most of the day so no clear picture   

20180529_205120.jpg

20180529_205133.jpg

20180529_205151.jpg

• Like 3

new water mains all done, only 2 holes dug ,quick thrust bore across to link, and into the house, whilst they did that i decided to sort through all the junk i had in the cupboards, few old power tools thrown now, and loads of odds and sods i kept for no real reason gone, ,all back in place now in 2 bins rather than 4 and all the boxed power tools stacked nicely, infac shes now got all the shelfs free in the middle one as all my stuffs gone into the smallest one now ,brownie points for me with luck :D

• Like 2

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 5:03 AM, Valley Axe Man said:

See your still a busy man Smithy.... but looks like your making good progress with some of your projects :)

Yes still very busy Paul ,first one is basically done just fences and kitchen to finish second one is about halfway we have the carpenters in there at the moment sorting out the interior stud work walls  then when that one is done we start the next 2 on that site .Had to leave the other jobs in my late mothers place as farm work got in the way ,I am beginning to feel the strain of the work but I do have this weekend of as I am helping Mr Reeve do the show over in France:D 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, smithy said:

Yes still very busy Paul ,first one is basically done just fences and kitchen to finish second one is about halfway we have the carpenters in there at the moment sorting out the interior stud work walls  then when that one is done we start the next 2 on that site .Had to leave the other jobs in my late mothers place as farm work got in the way ,I am beginning to feel the strain of the work but I do have this weekend of as I am helping Mr Reeve do the show over in France:D 

Hope its a good weekend for you Smithy, and fingers crossed you add something to the collection whilst your over at the show ;) with all this grafting.... your allowed to treat yourself from time to time ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

day off so been into town,done the flavorfest ,spent a bit mostly on gin,and also demolished my bank account paying the balance  off on Septembers holiday, , cant belive its not far of 12 weeks away now ,bet it takes ages to get here mind 

• Like 1

had to go back i to the travel agent today,after we noticed that they had booked us into the wrong carpark  ,gave us one in the wrong direction ,with no transfers between . we did wonder when we first booked it,and have questioned it twice, since,but today they confessed they did get it wrong,  now booked in the proper one,with transfers , should have cost an extra 50 quid due to being so late booked, but they took that off and sorted out the cancelation fee on the original booking . 

• Like 1