What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

first day back at work and it was painful, first issue was finding my desk had been stripped, the keyboard  and mouse , phone , chair and a  few other bits . needless to say it was all back on mine by the time the culprit arrived  which proved a reaction and a very quick shoot down by myself .  he’s  only doing a temp job, 8-10 weeks max, and was apparently told not to take it after trying to actually have my whole desk by my boss. my boss  wasn't aware of what he had  done as he was of thursday friday, but he instantly ripped into him on my side . the culprit was very sheepish when i got back this afternoon . nothing like a bit of professional curtsey is there . 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mb86 said:

You look after your machinery well Cyril. Have you managed to find a cab for your 390 yet?

Thank well it my uncles combine  asked me come over for 10 mins ended up all day cleaning ha . 

No joy yet on cab for 390 

• Like 1

1 ton of concrete mixed and in place, so 2/3 ‘s  of the new shed base down now, but i have mis calculated slightly and am a bit short on stuff to do the last middle section, hopefully i can get hold of the son in laws merc sprinter tomorrow and pop and get some, with the hope weather allowing of pouring that sunday afternoon , 

• Like 2

last half a ton of concrete mixed and laid as planned, now covered up for tomorrows rain, now got plenty of space for the 20 sleepers due tomorrow for the lower half of the shed, so all being well i can start putting them in place tuesday , so got the new door frame out in the shed ready for dimensions, along with the 2 windows ready. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tractorman810 said:

last half a ton of concrete mixed and laid as planned, now covered up for tomorrows rain, now got plenty of space for the 20 sleepers due tomorrow for the lower half of the shed, so all being well i can start putting them in place tuesday , so got the new door frame out in the shed ready for dimensions, along with the 2 windows ready. 

What size is your shed Sean? Sounds a big job aha 

the bottom part  is 3m long 2 m wide, have cheated and dug out a gash area ,about 1m deep, so the sleepers will act as the lower half/ retaining  wall all in one, good lining of damp proof sheet on the outside, the plan then is to build a custom sized top 4x2” frame like a normal shed build on  it, fully insulated and light, its sounds complicated but it will be bigger than the bottom, with a overhang area at the back ,getting me close to the fence, about .5 of a meter ,so the top will be 3m long but 2.5 m wide , without having to dig out and replace all the posts and re-fix the fence to them  , its gone into an area that was basically rough steep boundary ,and not any good to grow stuff on, tried when i first moved in, we then gain back similar sized area plus a bit back from the old shed area, which will get new  raised beds for all her fruit and stuff ,which in turn will free up better areas for her flowers etc.  uses up a load of timber internally  and the old pvc front door and porch windows from the extension a couple of year back, and give me a lot more secure and usable shed, means hopefully  i can get back to model builds as the current shed is not good for working in during the winter, leaks like a sieve and is cold as hell  which is about the only time i really get free time to do stuff properly 

• Like 4

got the 20 sleepers round ready for tomorrow now, weather allowing that is, i hopefully,  will be half built by the end of tomorrow, so i can measure  up and order in the frame timber and cladding plus roof sheets, now of to hunt down a sensible price fibre glass roof kit for it , 

floor plates screwed down into the concrete, and 17 sleepers. now cut and screwed together in place ,  so i now have a lower half of the shed and retaining wall in one all done, , had to keep stopping and dodging the showers but its done, can now work out then timber required for the top half and get that ordered . just covered it over to try and keep some of the rain out as i dont really want it filling up now .

• Like 1

Today   i spent day in depot  so i came up with a brilliant idea and built onion store from cardboard box  andaluminium U channel and brown tape ;) I used to made sheds like that when i was 12 i think for my LEGO farm. For now its temporary we're going to build one from wood.After work i finished bed frame for my little one and manage space for our farm under it ;) .

IMG_3014.JPG

IMG_3017.JPG

IMG_3020.JPG

IMG_3021.JPG

IMG_3022.JPG

Edited by dr-abich
  • Like 9

After moving the dirt that come out of the ditches that we cleaned out I needed to mark out the 6meter grass buffer strips we should have next to water courses ,so my rolls are 6,2 meters so I then bolted a pigtail tine on the edge and drove along with the other end close to ditch while tine scratched a mark  

IMG_20190911_190528.jpg

IMG_20190911_190515.jpg

IMG_20190911_190506.jpg

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, chris.watson said:

Feel your pain too Smithy, it’s turning into a salvage job. We’ve had 80 mil here in the last 2 weeks but a mate up at beccles has had 160 mil. 

We have had about the same as you , we had 33mm on sunday but a mate that lives up the A140 had 76mm on sunday

while waiting for lorries to turn up to collect wheat I knocked together a hose-pipe holder ,the back green bit is aluminium ,the black centre bit is a plastic bit of pipe which is held in place by the 4 bolts that I bent ,bolts might be to long but at least the hose cant fall off      

IMG_20190929_082834.jpg

IMG_20190929_082856.jpg

• Like 9