What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

4 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

Thats a very tidy drill smithy , good find i suspect, any  luck on that other  item yet that you were talking about for the recent buy ? 

Thanks Sean ,i might have bought that tine drill in the auction that you sent me the link to but the auction house was not very helpful when i gave them a call so i left it alone , as for the other item if you go back a page on here you will see it (i think thats what you are on about ) , i have also bought something else last week did not plan to but was given a tip-off about it and after going to view the wife said we better buy it before the next person does ,i will put a photo up a bit later on  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, smithy said:

Thanks Sean ,i might have bought that tine drill in the auction that you sent me the link to but the auction house was not very helpful when i gave them a call so i left it alone , as for the other item if you go back a page on here you will see it (i think thats what you are on about ) , i have also bought something else last week did not plan to but was given a tip-off about it and after going to view the wife said we better buy it before the next person does ,i will put a photo up a bit later on  

saw the replacement tractor, glad you got it, was thinking of the addition to go with it you mentioned, to complete the fleet so to speak ,or could that be what your on about after the wife said ok 😆

4 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

saw the replacement tractor, glad you got it, was thinking of the addition to go with it you mentioned, to complete the fleet so to speak ,or could that be what your on about after the wife said ok 😆

Ah with you now ,no not sorted that out as yet been really busy on other things that are going on at the moment ,will start looking shortly to see if we can find a good second hand one ,not sure at the moment about next years doe show being open to the public but i could look at new ones if i have not found one in the mean time ,it is something else we have bought that the wife said yes too ,i have a couple of photos i will put up shortly ,it is still on someone else's farm at the moment but planning on driving it home in next few weeks ,so watch this space ☺️   

• Like 1

On 10/31/2021 at 6:23 PM, smithy said:

Ah with you now ,no not sorted that out as yet been really busy on other things that are going on at the moment ,will start looking shortly to see if we can find a good second hand one ,not sure at the moment about next years doe show being open to the public but i could look at new ones if i have not found one in the mean time ,it is something else we have bought that the wife said yes too ,i have a couple of photos i will put up shortly ,it is still on someone else's farm at the moment but planning on driving it home in next few weeks ,so watch this space ☺️   

Smithy this is getting Interesting like silent witness,I wonder what it is shooooooosh

• Haha 1

Just got up after finishing work yesterday at 06.30 this morning , just heading home last night when i got called and requested to go to penzance , great as i was 30 miles past plymouth to the east, opp direction and penzance is a good 2 hr drive, turns out some lovely contractor to the water board had cut one of  our main cable to one of the submarine cable stations, feeding usa and brazil  , queue all Night doing a temp repair finishing at 3.30 this morn , 1 hr to have the companies all say ok, most in the us of a and brazil so time taken and a few in the uk, nice and quick, and then  a 2 hr drive back , kind of knackered now after 23 hrs straight 

• Sad 1

Bit more done to my "Shanty town"

Wall ripped out to now fit both tractors in the 1 bay which will then also fit the Challenger, ED40 and balers over winter. Doesnt look pretty but all in cost me £100 in materials including roof sheets and will do for this year until i can clad it properly in wood next summer.

253870965_628192818367251_1119313773385209733_n.jpg.8b582ff9be94a56691f0eede01bb7ce9.jpg253611724_1282252728910147_7733603339989840925_n.jpg.e2f0071503522049f44df390f82d23ca.jpg253897887_4733031190159721_8447226479582832155_n.jpg.0b02a737887b0c3d974333a903dbd8e2.jpg

• Like 8

I nipped up to the Midlands Machinery Show at Newark doing the week ,it was good to have the show on again allow it was a lot smaller show than before Gov19 ,like i said it was good to have the show on but i feel it was not as good as i was hoping anyone else go ? anyone going to the vintage show at Newark this weekend i should be going tomorrow (sunday)

• Like 2

On 11/1/2021 at 7:21 PM, smithy said:

This is what i was doing last week ,i bought this ,looking forward to next harvest 

IMG_20211019_113748.jpg

IMG_20211019_113807.jpg

IMG_20211019_121437.jpg

Your certainly loosening the purse strings this autumn Smithy!!  Lovely combine there, really nice example and the MXM looks in fine nick too😎....................Whats next I wonder, a nice Puma perhaps??

• Like 2

Had a trip down to Newark Tractor show on Saturday with John (JMD) and two Dave's for a wander about, good to have a catch up with a few folk and of course I spent a bit of time around the Nuffields and Leylands.... Any how a couple of photos of what was about the club stand, admitting that I missed a couple of photos of Pete's 302 and 702 , Marshall and a really nice 844 Steyr based Marshall.... truth be told though a couple of rare models on show including a Bray 470, a Cantatore  converted 10/60 and Pete Sampson prototype Leyland 184, of only 2 survive, which is next generation of the little 154 built in there thousands...... these 184 prototypes were built in Bathgate and then production moved to a British Leyland plant in Turkey and given the model 302 designation

IMG_20211113_132921~2.jpg

IMG_20211113_132856.jpg

IMG_20211113_132614.jpg

IMG_20211113_132546.jpg

IMG_20211113_132531.jpg

IMG_20211113_131401.jpg

IMG_20211113_131343.jpg

IMG_20211113_131331.jpg

IMG_20211113_131134.jpg

IMG_20211113_131802.jpg

IMG_20211113_131925.jpg

IMG_20211113_131943~2.jpg

• Like 8

On 11/15/2021 at 6:32 PM, phil phoenix said:

Your certainly loosening the purse strings this autumn Smithy!!  Lovely combine there, really nice example and the MXM looks in fine nick too😎....................Whats next I wonder, a nice Puma perhaps??

Thanks Phil ,i might have a Puma one day or another McCormick but the purse is nearly empty at the moment . Yes the MXM has not been knocked about and as a 3rd tractor its ok 

• Like 2

Quick question Smithy. Do you put the fertilizer on before hand and then plough it in or do you spread it on top and harrow it in? 

I would have thought that ploughing it under would have put it too deep?

2 minutes ago, robbo said:

Quick question Smithy. Do you put the fertilizer on before hand and then plough it in or do you spread it on top and harrow it in? 

I would have thought that ploughing it under would have put it too deep?

This sort of fertilizer we spread on the top of the stubble and plough it in at about 8-9 inches deep it will lock on to the soil particles and be there in the spring for the roots to take up ,the roots of the crop can go down several feet ,when the field was tested they take a sample from around 8-10 inches down . You can spread it on the top of ploughing and let it filter down with the rain but you would have wheel marks all winter and these act like mini-rivers in a really wet time and you end up with soil/nutrients in the ditches , it is common practice to spread it on top in the spring as it will be being used in a shorter time ,common one is 0-24-24 ,0 is nitrogen 24 is phosphate and the other 24 is potash , a 20-10-10 is 20%nitogen and 10 of each of phosphate/potash ,nitrogen is spread on the top as this needs to be in the top 2inches     

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1